Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic

(Read 11783 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #795 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32 PM »

I'm trying haha Very Happy It looks like a bit like "Toot bien" or "joot bien" or something?Wish Andy would make his writing a bit more legible!I'm not asking for it to be good even-just understandable!
Well now - in French 'tout bien' means 'all good' or 'all well'.  Has Andy now decided to switch to another language just to keep us all on our toes?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #796 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Can you send them to my house now please, Emma. Very Happy
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #797 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Wise words from Rod Laver, goes for some fans too perhaps:

“I think some people are always looking to play the perfect match, and that’s never going to happen, so they get frustrated. Winning matches isn’t about playing perfectly. You just have to accept, ‘this is what is happening’.”
http://www.thetennisspace.com/rod-laver-exclusive-how-to-think-like-a-champion/

I'm happy with "toot bien" - all's well? Slightly misspelled?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #798 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33 PM »

You deserve an MW award for being so long in the trenches, Aileen. yes
"Trenches" Aileen.......she's saying your old.....would never have thought that of our Linda.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #799 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33 PM »

Well now - in French 'tout bien' means 'all good' or 'all well'.  Has Andy now decided to switch to another language just to keep us all on our toes?

That's what I was thinking Aileen!Either it's mis-spelled french or its something else entirely which I can't decipher!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #800 on: March 28, 2013, 09:34 PM »

"Trenches" Aileen.......she's saying your old.....would never have thought that of our Linda.

Aileen is not old, as I discovered.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #801 on: March 28, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Wise words from Rod Laver, goes for some fans too perhaps:

“I think some people are always looking to play the perfect match, and that’s never going to happen, so they get frustrated. Winning matches isn’t about playing perfectly. You just have to accept, ‘this is what is happening’.”
http://www.thetennisspace.com/rod-laver-exclusive-how-to-think-like-a-champion/

I'm happy with "toot bien" - all's well? Slightly misspelled?

Toot bien sounds about right. And there's no such thing as the perfect match.

Except for Olympics and USO 2011.  yay
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #802 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Found your spade, I see.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #803 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Except for Olympics and USO 2011.  yay

Yup! It's the rarity that makes them so special.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #804 on: March 28, 2013, 09:38 PM »

Found your spade, I see.

Perhaps you should start a 'I Am Sorry Robbie...' thread.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #805 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40 PM »

Well Done to Mr M. I think folks should remember sometimes that for a player to get to the latter stages of a tournament, they are either just supremo players like the top 4, or they are having a good streak, like Janowicz in Paris last year. Murray has got to the Semis without dropping a set, which is an impressive feat. The fact that he has done it in a manner that seems a bit cack handed is irrelevant. He was meant to go out there and win, which is what he has done. Non of us know what the courts are like, or how the wind or weather might be effecting the shots.

Bearing in mind I know nothing about the subtleties of the game, it has crossed my mind that perhaps the focus of Lendl and his work has been on an assault on the clay, which I assume involves different strategies? Could that be effecting his game? I do recall last year folks creating about how Lendl had made his game go backwards. That was before he managed to get into the Wimbledon Final, snaffle the Gold Medal from under Fed's nose and finally get his paws on a Grand Slam trophy. I think we should trust that they know what they are doing. It would be a bit boring if his game was completely static. Surely change involves some awkward stages?

On a purely personal note, he's got the Gold, and his GS, he can do what he likes as far as I am concerned. I just want to watch matches, where he looks like he is enjoying what he is doing. It would be good if he could get the No 1 slot, even for a couple of weeks, simply because "Former World No 1" has a nice ring to it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #806 on: March 28, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Except for Olympics and USO 2011yay

My sincere apologies.. 2012. Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #807 on: March 28, 2013, 09:43 PM »

My sincere apologies.. 2012. Very Happy
Edit would have sufficed.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #808 on: March 28, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Perhaps you should start a 'I Am Sorry Robbie...' thread.

Wanna play with me, puppy?

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #809 on: March 28, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Wanna play with me, puppy?

Yes, I do. Bring it on woman.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »