Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic

(Read 11750 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #810 on: March 28, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Whatchagot?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #811 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Whatchagot?

I've got a fist full of pain.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #812 on: March 28, 2013, 09:47 PM »

Wise words from Rod Laver, goes for some fans too perhaps:

“I think some people are always looking to play the perfect match, and that’s never going to happen, so they get frustrated. Winning matches isn’t about playing perfectly. You just have to accept, ‘this is what is happening’.”
http://www.thetennisspace.com/rod-laver-exclusive-how-to-think-like-a-champion/
It's a very good article generally.  Should be obligatory reading for fans and players alike.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #813 on: March 28, 2013, 09:50 PM »

On a purely personal note, he's got the Gold, and his GS, he can do what he likes as far as I am concerned. I just want to watch matches, where he looks like he is enjoying what he is doing. It would be good if he could get the No 1 slot, even for a couple of weeks, simply because "Former World No 1" has a nice ring to it.
Me too.  Although I can't help but add Wimbledon to that list, because it will seem like a glaring gap, and for the sake of the club/British tennis and the media, we need to have a British winner, and it will likely be a long, long wait if Andy doesn't manage it.   I'm pretty sure that the Olympics win there would be enough to prevent Andy from feeling too hard done by if he doesn't manage it, but it just feels like he's got the ability on grass, so not winning his home slam on a surface he's good at would be missing out.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #814 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Don't tempt fate!

Well lets faceit ,it couldve been easier,but the fact is Andy in semis which is the main thing for us.
[ Last edit by Coldmarek March 28, 2013, 10:23 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #815 on: March 28, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Me too.  Although I can't help but add Wimbledon to that list, because it will seem like a glaring gap, and for the sake of the club/British tennis and the media, we need to have a British winner, and it will likely be a long, long wait if Andy doesn't manage it.   I'm pretty sure that the Olympics win there would be enough to prevent Andy from feeling too hard done by if he doesn't manage it, but it just feels like he's got the ability on grass, so not winning his home slam on a surface he's good at would be missing out.

Fair point, yes Winbledon would be great, if only because it would have the Murray haters foaming at the mouth. It would also guarantee a knighthood, which again would be a very satisfying response to the "crap" the British media and certain sectors of the British public have thrown at him over the years.  I obviously would prefer him to have loads more victories, but the GS was so important to him and British Tennis.
Is it me or is he so much calmer on the courts nowadays? He really does seem as though he is far more laid back about it all now. The absence of that GS bogie on his back is really noticeable.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #816 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05 PM »

I've got a fist full of pain.

Oh puppy, you have no idea, bless...but I can't put you through it, so I've decided to  shutup

Enjoy your holiday. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #817 on: March 28, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Andy's SF match is scheduled for not before 7 pm Miami time, so 11 pm GMT.  Unfortunately it's the first evening match Andy will have played here so just hope he can acclimatise quickly and not do a Djokovic.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #818 on: March 28, 2013, 10:14 PM »

Oh puppy, you have no idea, bless...but I can't put you through it, so I've decided to  shutup

Enjoy your holiday. Smile

I ain't no puppy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #819 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Is it me or is he so much calmer on the courts nowadays? He really does seem as though he is far more laid back about it all now.
He is Masaka, which is why I got a bit annoyed with my comm who kept saying "Murray always shows his feelings" on the very few occasions when he did.  Andy will never be completely poker-faced because he is who he is, and I wouldn't like him to change that.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #820 on: March 28, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Fair point, yes Winbledon would be great, if only because it would have the Murray haters foaming at the mouth. It would also guarantee a knighthood, which again would be a very satisfying response to the "crap" the British media and certain sectors of the British public have thrown at him over the years.  I obviously would prefer him to have loads more victories, but the GS was so important to him and British Tennis.
Is it me or is he so much calmer on the courts nowadays? He really does seem as though he is far more laid back about it all now. The absence of that GS bogie on his back is really noticeable.

I think, Andy, has a very good chance of winning Wimbledon ...IF he can recapture the form that saw him win the Olympic gold and the USOpen....so far this season he is a fair way short of that form. However, he is winning matches without playing his best tennis which is a good sign. The british contingent of the haters...are a sad bunch. They just seem envious of a guy from their neck of the woods not only having outstanding talent but who is maximizing that talent and has achieved fantastic success. All that nonsense continually raised about anti-English comments are just plain sad and more a reflection of their own inferiority complex than any reflection of Andy.

I think the USOpen win erased any self doubts as to whether he could beat the best opponents at the highest level in his sport. The guy is a champion thru and thru. If there are people 'hating' him or taking pride in their indifference to him... they might regret that wasted energy later in life ...as they are watching the best british professional tennis player to grace the game thus far...with no exceptions. They might not live to see another world class british player, who can win, again.

Todays match with Cillic was a mix of exceptional shots...good tactical ralies... terrible shots... and lack of concentration at important moments by both players. Still, I thought Andy actually showed some signs of improvement from his last match ...so that combined with winning the match and not dropping a set ..all in all Job done.

He'll have to play better in the SF and F if he makes it.
[ Last edit by ABF March 28, 2013, 10:38 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #821 on: March 28, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Andy's SF match is scheduled for not before 7 pm Miami time, so 11 pm GMT.  Unfortunately it's the first evening match Andy will have played here so just hope he can acclimatise quickly and not do a Djokovic.

Thanks Aileen would have preferred the earlier one but hey ho as long as our boy wins  cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #822 on: March 28, 2013, 10:41 PM »

Dont worry. He'll be out practising and he said that he usually plays a lot on that court when he's living there. So I think it'll be an adjustment to the daily weather conditions that will matter most.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #823 on: March 28, 2013, 10:45 PM »

He'll have to play better in the SF and F if he makes it.
A lot will depend too on how his opponent plays.  Other players get nervous and tight as well, although I do agree that Andy still seems to have problems with his concentration which is something Djoko, Fed and Nadal don't have.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #824 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Dont worry. He'll be out practising and he said that he usually plays a lot on that court when he's living there. So I think it'll be an adjustment to the daily weather conditions that will matter most.

Yup...He lives and plays approx. 3 1/2 months of the year in Miami.....if he hasn't acclimated by now he never will. I'm sure he'll be fine in that regard.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »