Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic

(Read 10679 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #825 on: March 28, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Dont worry. He'll be out practising and he said that he usually plays a lot on that court when he's living there. So I think it'll be an adjustment to the daily weather conditions that will matter most.
According to one forecast the temp tomorrow will drop in the evening to 62F, which is chilly by Miami standards, but I'm sure Andy is used to that as well, and probably even practises in the evening.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #826 on: March 28, 2013, 10:54 PM »

A lot will depend too on how his opponent plays.  Other players get nervous and tight as well, although I do agree that Andy still seems to have problems with his concentration which is something Djoko, Fed and Nadal don't have.

Yeah for sure.... Andy has struggled in the past against Ferrer....and Haas beat Djoko who is technically similar player to Andy...of course there is Berdych too...who he has a tight h2h with. No Nadal, Fed or Djoko counts for little if he doesn't get past those guys. Andy can raise his game much higher than what he has produced thus far...so Im sure any opponent will have that in mind too.

His lack of concentration is ridiculous sometimes...and really sets him back. Today he was distracted by a ref time wasting warning ....and a Aeroplane flying over his head for goodness sake. Come on Andy stop that!.... pretty please ...lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #827 on: March 28, 2013, 11:08 PM »

His lack of concentration is ridiculous sometimes...and really sets him back. Today he was distracted by a ref time wasting warning ....and a Aeroplane flying over his head for goodness sake. Come on Andy stop that!.... pretty please ...lol
He seems to get more easily distracted when he knows he isn't playing the way he should be doing, so it then becomes a vicious circle.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #828 on: March 28, 2013, 11:19 PM »

Fair point, yes Winbledon would be great, if only because it would have the Murray haters foaming at the mouth. It would also guarantee a knighthood, which again would be a very satisfying response to the "crap" the British media and certain sectors of the British public have thrown at him over the years.
I'm with you.  I sometimes wonder if I want Andy to do well to annoy the haters as much as I want him to do it for himself! Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #829 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40 PM »

I'm with you.  I sometimes wonder if I want Andy to do well to annoy the haters as much as I want him to do it for himself! Whistle
Probably a mixture of both.  At least that's my take on it anyway.  Although I reckon that some haters are always going to hate no matter what he does, and in fact might hate him even more the more successful he becomes because they're such sad people that they'll always be looking for some excuse to get their knives in.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #830 on: March 28, 2013, 11:50 PM »

Just finished watching match having recorded it then avoided alll media sources. On the whole I though Andy played much better than previous matches (serving apart) and seemed to be going for his shots a bit more. Cilic seemed to lose heart after first set -then relaxed a bit and went for it, in part explaining the many missed match  points by Andy. Onwards and upwards!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #831 on: March 28, 2013, 11:50 PM »

A lot will depend too on how his opponent plays.  Other players get nervous and tight as well, although I do agree that Andy still seems to have problems with his concentration which is something Djoko, Fed and Nadal don't have.

Also if you look at 1:35.. looks like Kei Nishikori has been temping as a line judge.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter March 28, 2013, 11:54 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #832 on: March 28, 2013, 11:51 PM »

I've seen a similar one to that about Petra.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #833 on: March 28, 2013, 11:56 PM »

I'd forgotten about that classic performance. lol   
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #834 on: March 29, 2013, 12:00 AM »

Andy's SF match is scheduled for not before 7 pm Miami time, so 11 pm GMT.  Unfortunately it's the first evening match Andy will have played here so just hope he can acclimatise quickly and not do a Djokovic.

Oh sure now that my cleaning is over. Bloody organizers.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #835 on: March 29, 2013, 12:01 AM »

gasquet beating berdych
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #836 on: March 29, 2013, 12:27 AM »

gasquet beating berdych

Gasquet has beaten Berdych. Is this good or bad?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #837 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44 AM »

Berdych is capable of all sorts of things so it's a good thing for us.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #838 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44 AM »

Gasquet was playing superb tennis.  I'm still glad that it'll be him Andy plays and not Berdych though.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #839 on: March 29, 2013, 12:57 AM »

Gasquet 3-0 against Andy in MS1000....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »