Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Tipsarevic in 2
Tipsarevic in 3

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 5053 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « on: March 27, 2012, 11:40 PM »

H2H 4-3 to Murray, although one of Murray's wins - at the 2009 FO - was due to Tipsarevic retiring in the 2nd set.  Their most recent matches, Dubai 2010 and Queens 2011, have been very close.  

Assuming both players are on form, this should be another high quality encounter to follow that of the Simon match.

Scheduled for Wednesday, not before 8 pm BST.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:57 AM »

Tipsy can be a bit of a tricky opponent for Andy as the H2H below shows.

Another match that I won't blooming well see Brick wall  I wonder if ESPN will be showing skating or footy tomorrow at that time again grr

* Murray vs Tipsarevic.JPG (197.31 KB, 1373x843 - viewed 116 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:16 AM »

Another match that I won't blooming well see Brick wall  I wonder if ESPN will be showing skating or footy tomorrow at that time again grr
Hope you're luckier this time. hug

Love your pics.  Very appropriate for this match. Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:18 AM »

Andy needs gritty determination! 

Blooming schedules really screwing up my viewing lol  No chance of taking time off as really busy time for me at month end but I will be with you all in spirit Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 03:51 AM »

Andy needs gritty determination!  

Blooming schedules really screwing up my viewing lol  No chance of taking time off as really busy time for me at month end but I will be with you all in spirit Very Happy
That's a shame.  Must admit I was a bit surprised that the match was scheduled for the same time two days running.

I see he's on Stadium for the first time (I think), so different court conditions.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 04:20 AM »

Really some match between Ferrer and Delpotro.  Ferrer is winning, took first set and is a break up in the second set.

Did any of you see the Ad where they ask Andy if he wasn't a tennis player what would he like to be.  He starts out as a hair stylist, then a chef, then a guitarist in a rock band....it's really cute.

Now tomorrow, sorry Bev you won't be able to see the match, nor will I, will be working, but will DVR and hopefully they will show his match in total.  I saw some of the 1st set and most of the second set....going between Djokovic and Roddick.  I thought Andy hit some amazing shots, totally in control except for the one break of serve.
_________________________________________________ ____________
Tomorrow, be cool and focused Andy and let your racquet once again do the talking.  Come swinging with your A game, we'll all be rooting for you!!
 Bagpipes
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 06:29 AM »

Tipsy is trixsy alright. Saw him defeat Novak at O2. Mind you that day I think Novak had had just about enough.
Very powerful aggressive ground strokes but won't come to the net to save his life and not too much variety.  Andy in 3, I'd say.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:48 AM »

Looking forward to another "jolly good show".  C'mon Andy!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 06:56 AM »

I've seen Tipsy play doubles, with Bjorn Phau (I remembered!) last year and in 2010, when he lost in 5 sets to Tommy Haas.  He's 5'11" but looks shorter than that, or maybe it's the other players are tall Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 06:58 AM »

Really some match between Ferrer and Delpotro.  Ferrer is winning, took first set and is a break up in the second set.

Did any of you see the Ad where they ask Andy if he wasn't a tennis player what would he like to be.  He starts out as a hair stylist, then a chef, then a guitarist in a rock band....it's really cute.

Now tomorrow, sorry Bev you won't be able to see the match, nor will I, will be working, but will DVR and hopefully they will show his match in total.  I saw some of the 1st set and most of the second set....going between Djokovic and Roddick.  I thought Andy hit some amazing shots, totally in control except for the one break of serve.
_________________________________________________ ____________
Tomorrow, be cool and focused Andy and let your racquet once again do the talking.  Come swinging with your A game, we'll all be rooting for you!!
 Bagpipes

No point me setting the vcr at all tomorrow, bloody Champions League again! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 07:58 AM »

Another match that I won't blooming well see Brick wall  I wonder if ESPN will be showing skating or footy tomorrow at that time again grr

Love the expressions on the faces of Andy and Janko.
Can't you watch the maatch on live streaming?

I predict this will be an absolute cracker of a match and a close result, with Andy victorious of course.
Tipsy is a real scary character so it'll go to 3 sets, I reckon.

cmon yeah
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08 AM »

What happened to my match alert? Answers, now! naughty
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 08:22 AM »

Do hope I manage to get home in time to watch, though might have to miss some of it I fear. So sorry not to have been able to watch the Simon match as sounds like it was the usual classy play between the two of them.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:02 AM »

Love the expressions on the faces of Andy and Janko.
Can't you watch the maatch on live streaming?

I predict this will be an absolute cracker of a match and a close result, with Andy victorious of course.
Tipsy is a real scary character so it'll go to 3 sets, I reckon.

cmon yeah

Alas, work beckons again  computersmilie and though I'll have Radio 2 on and the livescores, I really will be pushing it with not only my boss sat opposite me, but big boss is down tomorrow too!  And what with ESPN's bloody coverage of the Champions League and our only coverage being on at 7pm until 8.30 pm (which is what we got today and that was Nadal's match), I'm not hopeful at all!  Why keep harping on about covering the Masters Series when you miss the blooming important games ranting
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Should be a great match - Tipsy is a great fighter and a first rate pyschological  player, though he probably doesn't read the game as well as Andy.  If Andy can tune him out of his mindset, he should be fine.  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »