Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Tipsarevic in 2
Tipsarevic in 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 4429 times)
dragonlady

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Agree with you Fiverings - Andy should be able to outmanouvre him
Just has to be ready for the big bombs  w00t
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 11:51 AM »

Maybe he should keep tipsarevic on his backfoot. He surely doesn't move like Simon and it would be a nice preparation for Nadal where he needs to be aggressive.

Come on!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Really some match between Ferrer and Delpotro.  Ferrer is winning, took first set and is a break up in the second set.

Did any of you see the Ad where they ask Andy if he wasn't a tennis player what would he like to be.  He starts out as a hair stylist, then a chef, then a guitarist in a rock band....it's really cute.

Now tomorrow, sorry Bev you won't be able to see the match, nor will I, will be working, but will DVR and hopefully they will show his match in total.  I saw some of the 1st set and most of the second set....going between Djokovic and Roddick.  I thought Andy hit some amazing shots, totally in control except for the one break of serve.
_________________________________________________ ____________
Tomorrow, be cool and focused Andy and let your racquet once again do the talking.  Come swinging with your A game, we'll all be rooting for you!!
 Bagpipes
Yes, it was posted on MW.  Loved him as a rock star!  Sorry your going to miss the match as well as Bev.  It should be a good contest - although I hope it isn't too much of a roller-coaster!
Onwards and upwards, Andy.  You can do it.  cmon yeah

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 03:27 PM »

Just checked Jankos stats on 1st serve pts won (against Dimitrov), wow 93 % and he didnt face a BP during the match.

He's on fire it seems. Not that I'm nervous or anything.
 nervous
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 03:50 PM »

Janko is in pretty good form since autumn last year, but shouldn't be a problem for Andy.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 04:32 PM »

Just checked Jankos stats on 1st serve pts won (against Dimitrov), wow 93 % and he didnt face a BP during the match.

nervous
Hehe..wish you hadn't posted that stat, i was nervous enough as it was! I'm expecting Andy to squeeze through a tight match, this match up seems to usually produce a tie break along the way, we might be in for a tense one tonight!  Tipsarevic is really solid these days and plays a tidy, consistent game but if Andy carries on where he left off against Simon he should be ok i think. Andy in 3 for me.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 04:33 PM »

nervous
Don't worry Lashurst......When you're up sooo high, there's only one direction you can go in! I think he's gonna need his parachute tonight!  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 06:51 PM »

nervous

One weakness in Dimitrov's game is his ROS. It gives the server confidence. One of Andy's strengths is his ROS. It can make the server jittery, especially when he steps right in to receive.
Come on!
 toot
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Hehe..wish you hadn't posted that stat, i was nervous enough as it was! I'm expecting Andy to squeeze through a tight match, this match up seems to usually produce a tie break along the way, we might be in for a tense one tonight!  Tipsarevic is really solid these days and plays a tidy, consistent game but if Andy carries on where he left off against Simon he should be ok i think. Andy in 3 for me.
Yeah, regret now I was curious and checked that out  Rolling Eyes We have to trust in Andy that he has more weapons and can counteract Tipsy. His 1st serve % needs to get over the 60 % mark though. and we haven't been impressed with his 2nd serve of late.

Andy wont be underestimating him, he knows the odds are pretty even and for sure Tispy is desperate for a place in a SF. cmon yeah
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Andy needs gritty determination! Blooming schedules really screwing up my viewing lol No chance of taking time off as really busy time for me at month end but I will be with you all in spirit Very Happy
Bev, you are always with us, my dear, sorry you can't watch
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 07:05 PM »

I'm cool, guys, I reckon Andy's on fire right now and may nail it in two.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 07:08 PM »

nervous
I am - behind the sofa job - I'll never sleep after a roller coaster - must remember to take the heart pills before the match, then a double G & T might settle the nerves. Angiogram showed there were no problems with my heart so I should last out the match! Ah well - all the necessities for a safe Andy roller coaster completed - let's go, Andy let's go!!!
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Tipsy has been a problem player for him, but like others I think Andy is in the groove here.  I think he has quite a few levels left in him, and I expect to see a decisive win here.

I really want to see him beat Rafa here.  Was his thrashing of Nole just an isolated thing, or a sign of real improvement?

Answers to come in the SF/F here.  Both Rafa and Nole are looking very good as usual.
IP Logged
dragonlady

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 07:23 PM »

What time is the match ? Is it a not before or 2nd on ?

Venus and Aggie 4-6 and 1-4
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 07:35 PM »

3rd on court, next on after Williams/Radwanska, but not before 8pm BST (3pm local time).

Just had a look and Radwanska has beaten Williams. Murray will be on court in half an hour then. :fumup:

This site makes me more nervous than usual! Everyone's so jittery.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »