Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic

(Read 11161 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Qualifier « Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 03:57 AM »

Tomic so flaky could loose to a qualifier looking at the draw there are a few reasonable ones there.

It's now known that Tomic will be playing 35 year old Marc Gicquel, currently #124.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 04:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about Andy being the 1st match up this Saturday. A Champion doesn't look or worry about the time, date, place etc. They know they have only one thing to accomplish and that is to win the match. Andy will have to get into that mode to the point that nothing can or will distract him. No more pampering as to what he prefers or likes. He’ll have to deal with what’s in front of him and train himself to see them as not obstacles but as challenges. And he must come through. Otherwise there’s no point in being in a very competitive sport like tennis.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 04:38 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about Andy being the 1st match up this Saturday. A Champion doesn't look or worry about the time, date, place etc. They know they have only one thing to accomplish and that is to win the match. Andy will have to get into that mode to the point that nothing can or will distract him. No more pampering as to what he prefers or likes. He’ll have to deal with what’s in front of him and train himself to see them as not obstacles but as challenges. And he must come through. Otherwise there’s no point in being in a very competitive sport like tennis.
When has Andy ever been 'pampered'?  confused
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 04:56 PM »

I am looking forward to the Saturday match already and the timing looks really good for me. I have to be somewhere in the evening, so an evening match would have been a bit of a compromise and perhaps for his UK fans too.

Also, we have our Good Friday holiday coming up next week and I took Thursday off to make it a longer weekend, so I believe I’ll be able to watch a lot of tennis including Andy’s matches. Miami and Toronto are in the same time zone so that’s another great thing about this tournament.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 05:53 PM »

After an up and down Indian Wells last week, Andy Murray who will be seeded 2nd in Miami either faces Aussie young gun, Bernard Tomic or the lesser known Frenchman Marc Gicquel in the second round.
Don't underestimate Gicquel - he has balls of steel.

208km/h serve hits testicles

Gicquel was in the second set of his match with Germany's Benjamin Becker in Halle in June 2007 when he was felled by the serve, which scored a bulls-eye straight into his delicate area.

With the speed-gun showing the serve was 208km/h, the game was stopped for 10 minutes while Gicquel had ice applied, discreetly, to his wedding tackle - in front of an 8000-strong crowd.

In a show of brotherly solidarity, Becker went over to his poleaxed opponent to pass on his deepest - and heart-felt - sympathy.

Having claimed the first set 6-2, Gicquel earned the respect of each and every man watching when he won the second in a tiebreaker.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/kmh-serve-hits-testicles/story-e6frep5o-1111113755767
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Come on guys let's not complain about when Andy is playing. He's a professional and we need to have faith in him not worry about little details which he can handle fine.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Come on guys let's not complain about when Andy is playing. He's a professional and we need to have faith in him not worry about little details which he can handle fine.
clap
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 11:47 PM »

Tomic and Gicquel are 2nd on the main court tomorrow. That's around 5.30 pm our time.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 05:12 AM »

Andy first up on Saturday followed by Tsonga.
There is no other potential match up that is deserving of a night match.  confused
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 11:37 AM »

If Andy is up earlyish I might just catch it before I go out to the theatre with my brother. It depends though, on what time he wants to leave. He's doing the driving so I can't really dictate too much. That said, snow is forecast in the central part of the country tomorrow and Saturday, so if it is bad I might not be going anywhere.

I don't think Andy will be that bothered what time he plays these days. He might prefer later matches as a general rule, but I don't think playing early would put him off. He's a pro, he's got a tonne of experience now, he can deal with it and get the job done.

I'm looking forward to Miami. I much prefer it to Indian Wells.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 12:45 PM »

Andy has 600 points to defend in Miami that alone should concentrate his mind
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Well,it's official-Andy will face Tomic. (He beat Giquel  75 76).Gulp.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic or Marc Giquel « Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Tomic up next then.... he struggled again against a player 130+ in the rankings. I just don't see Tomic as any more of a threat than his ranking position suggests. A 60% Murray should win in straight sets.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 06:05 PM »

Well,it's official-Andy will face Tomic. (He beat Giquel  75 76).Gulp.

Look forward to Andy thrashing him Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Good to know for sure who Andy's opponent is, thanks.

Looking forward to the match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »