Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic

(Read 9351 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Should be a good match, Tomic is a kind of junior Andy but with a senior ego Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 06:16 PM »

Look forward to Andy thrashing him Smile

I was just about to say exactly the same thing, so I won't bother now lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 06:17 PM »

It just occurs to me that if you put Tomic's ego with JJ's ego you'd probably come up with Federer Whistle.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21 PM »

Really looking forward to it. They have both gotten better since last time I'd think so let's see.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 06:23 PM »

It just occurs to me that if you put Tomic's ego with JJ's ego you'd probably come up with Federer Whistle.

At least Fed's got something to have an ego about Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30 PM »

Bernard Tomic seems a bit of a lost boy.

I hope he gets his life together. It would be a real shame for all that talent to be wasted.

Andy has done exceptionally well to rise above his country's media scrutiny and attacks on him. Tomic doesn't seem to cope as well. Shame really.

Having said all that, of course I hope Andy beats him soundly.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 06:57 PM »

^ mad dad, scot Frown
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 07:19 PM »

any updates on what day and time i looked but cant find anything
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 08:01 PM »

any updates on what day and time i looked but cant find anything
We probably won't know until play ends for the day tomorrow, which will be early am Saturday our time.

Did anyone manage to watch the match because I'd have thought that if Tomic is as good as he's so often hyped to be then he'd have beaten Gicquel more comfortably - but then again some of the older players can be wily foxes.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 21, 2013, 08:06 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04 PM »

JJ speaks his mind about players, Fed doesn't.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 08:07 PM »

Should be a good match, Tomic is a kind of junior Andy but with a senior ego Whistle
I like that, BBH. Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Who's JJ?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Who's JJ?

Jerzy Janowicz, great player.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #58 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Jerzy Janowicz, great player.

Oh, I know him. Made a big fuss at the Paris just last year. I didn't know we are calling him JJ these days. Oh well, good for him. Will be interesting to see him against Andy no doubt. He's got a big game.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #59 on: March 21, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Andy's presser:

http://www.sonyopentennis.com/News/Tennis/2013/Interview-Transcripts/Andy-Murray-March-21.aspxTHE MODERATOR:  
Q.  Is there a home court advantage here in Miami?
 ANDY MURRAY:  For me?

Q.  Yes.
 ANDY MURRAY:  Well, I think it should help, yeah.  I have trained in these conditions a lot, and obviously it can get extremely humid here.
 You know, I find the conditions quite tricky in Indian Wells last couple years, extremely different from the conditions from here, how I train and practice.
 I hope so.

Q.  Two of the greatest tennis players in the world are going to be absent:  Nadal and Federer.  How do you feel this will affect the overall tournament and who gets into where?
 ANDY MURRAY:  I mean, obviously Rafa has missed a lot of the last six or seven months.  You know, I think the tour obviously misses or missed him, but I think from all of the tournaments that I was involved in, you know, there was still great crowds.  I think tennis is still in a good, very good place.
 But, yeah, ideally it's good if you have those guys here because they obviously add a lot to the tournament.  They have, like you say, unbelievable tennis players, great history.
 Yeah, it's a shame.

Q.  Would you consider Sony Open to be a fifth Grand Slam?
 ANDY MURRAY:  I mean, it's tough to say.  I think a lot of the tournaments are kind of competing for that title now as sort of the biggest tournament outside of the Slams.  Indian Wells has done a fantastic job last few years.  I think Shanghai has also done a great job.
 But, I mean, for me personally obviously I love it here.  That's why I come here.  They have great crowds, you know, especially in the evenings.  They get great, great atmosphere.
 You know, the crowd are very enthusiastic.  Yeah, you just need to make sure that you stay on par with the other events.  It's done a good job the last few years.

Q.  Your first round opponent hasn't been decided...
 ANDY MURRAY:  Tomic just won.

Q.  Have you played him recently?
 ANDY MURRAY:  I played him last year in Australia, in Brisbane.

Q.  How do you feel he's come on since then?
 ANDY MURRAY:  It's always tough to know.  It's always tough to know until you play against him and see.  He obviously played really well at Wimbledon a couple of years ago.  That was his best slam.  He's always performed well in Australia.
 You know, I'll see obviously when I play against him.  I haven't seen him play that much outside of Australia the last year or so.
 But, yeah, he's a very, very talented player.  You know, he makes it tough for everyone.  He's got a very unorthodox game style.

Q.  (Indiscernible as a result of camera clicking.)
 ANDY MURRAY:  I started the year well.  I played Brisbane and Australia, and hopefully this week I will play a little bit better than I did last week.  I just want to make sure that each week I keep improving and getting a little bit better.
 But I feel good.  You know, you can't win every tournament you play, but so long as you give yourself an opportunity and prepare well for the events, that's the best you can do.
 I have done that well so far this year.

Q.  I know you've worked out of UM.  Have you talked to any of the UM coaches or players?
 ANDY MURRAY:  Mario Rincon, who is the head coach there, I obviously spoke to him quite a lot because Danny who I work, with he went to UM and was part of the tennis program there for a number of years.
 So for a couple years we used the courts there.  We were allowed to use the running track and the footballers' gym.
 I haven't used it at all the last two, three years.  We have been training here because it's extremely quiet.  They got quite tight with security at UM.  It was actually quite tough to get in and get to use the facility.
 So we just came here, and this is perfect.

Q.  Latest figures heard from the U.S. Tennis Association there is a $50 million prize pot for 2017.  I know you did a lot of work with big three players last year get better pay.  It's what you guys are all working toward to make tennis more attractive to young sports people.
 ANDY MURRAY:  I think for the tour just now also I think the players are very valuable to the events, and, you know, I think now the prize money is starting to reflect that.
 So it's great that, you know, all the conversations at the ATP and the players have been having with the USTA, you know, and the guys that run the US Open have been beneficial and have been very positive.
 It's good that things are moving in the right direction.  Hopefully that continues to be the case, but it's a big step forward.

Q.  Without Nadal and Federer, is it more easy to win Sony Open?
 ANDY MURRAY:  Well, yeah, you would think so, but, you know, not every tournament do you have to play against Nadal and Federer.  Sometimes, you know, they lose early or whatever.  You need to make sure that you get into a position in the event where you would have to play them, which is normally in the semifinals or finals.
 But, yeah, I mean, it's for sure not as difficult if you don't have two of the best players ever playing in a tournament.

Q.  I have been asking a few of the players about what they're not good at.  Obviously you play tennis exceptionally well, but besides that, what are you not good at that you can't do that you would really like to do well?
 ANDY MURRAY:  Sport or just anything?

Q.  Anything.  Whether it's cooking to sport to singing.
 ANDY MURRAY:  Singing is not good.  (Laughter.)
 Singing is not good.  Yeah, cooking is not good.  I mean, most sports I'm okay at.  Basketball is a sport I really like.  I'm terrible at.  I never played it when I was growing up, but I like it.  I watch it a lot, but I'm terrible at basketball.

Q.  Out of anything, what would you really like to do well?
 ANDY MURRAY:  What would I really like to do well?  I think it would be good to be a really good dancer, like Monfils is a great dancer.  He dances really well.
 Yeah, I think dancing would be good.

Q.  Have you been to any Heat games or talked to any players?  They are on a 24 game winning streak.  Have you talked to any of them recently?
 ANDY MURRAY:  No, I hopefully will go to the game tomorrow if I can.  I think they also play on Sunday at home, as well.  But then the rest of the time they're playing away.
 I went to see a couple of games before Indian Wells.  I saw when they were playing at home.  But, yeah, only two of the games, but it's been unbelievable.  I watched the game last night, and it was an amazing comeback
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »