Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic  (Read 8042 times)
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 10:07 PM »

goodjob
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 10:07 PM »

goodjob

Wahoooo
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Wahoooo

Whit??
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Whit??

Nuffing.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Nuffing.

Daftie  w00t
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 11:43 PM »

I'd have thought that if Tomic is as good as he's so often hyped to be then he'd have beaten Gicquel more comfortably - but then again some of the older players can be wily foxes.
If Andy is as good as his ranking says, he'd always come through his early rounds with ease, but we all know that he likes to make us sweat. nervous w00t

Tomic isn't Andy, and his reputation is more for tanking than for moving up the gears when the pressure is on, so I did wonder if he might fall apart when he was down a break in the first set, but going by live scores, it looks more like the qualifier choked towards the end of the first set, and then in the tie-break.  Or maybe Tomic steeled himself, or maybe it was a coincidence.  Live Scores isn't the best way of working out who played well and when, and I wasn't even following it very closely, so it's probably best to ignore me. doh

I think Tomic will be motivated to do well against Andy, and a bit of a battle today might just have focused his mind, and he could be tricky, but Andy is the one who has proven himself.  It's likely he'll take a few games to settle in, and get a handle on the best tactics, but he knows that.  I think the first few games might be nervy for us, but I remind myself that Andy earned his ranking by consistently beating those below him, and sometimes those above him.  His wins aren't flukes. Very Happy
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #66 on: March 21, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Andy wants to be a dancer hey, Andy for SCD 2013 !!!

Really hoping he gives Tomic a humility lesson, he rivals Fed in ego department.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #67 on: March 22, 2013, 12:02 AM »

Gotta laugh at various Media already call the match a 'Clash' .... clash of what exactly?...clash of wrist band colors?... Tomic ranked No45 on the ATP listing...6 places below Horacio Zeballos for goodness sake...

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #68 on: March 22, 2013, 12:12 AM »

Thanks Linda. "Dancing would be good" Love it!

For the visuals: DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis 5h
Andy #Murray in good form in the press room just now. He has cultivated a full-on beard. Plays Bernard #Tomic in first match on Saturday.

Wonder if we'll see that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #69 on: March 22, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Gotta laugh at various Media already call the match a 'Clash' .... clash of what exactly?...clash of wrist band colors?... Tomic ranked No45 on the ATP listing...6 places below Horacio Zeballos for goodness sake...
That's the sort of media hype that I dislike, and it strikes me that there's been too much of it where Tomic is concerned.  No wonder his ego is already outsized.  However maybe he should ask himself why his ranking which was at a high of #27 last June has slipped down so much.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #70 on: March 22, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Andy #Murray in good form in the press room just now. He has cultivated a full-on beard. Plays Bernard #Tomic in first match on Saturday.

I'll put up a few pics from the presser in a few Elena Smile

Edit: Just put the pics from the presser up in the pics thread,for anyone interested!
[ Last edit by xxdanixx March 22, 2013, 12:20 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #71 on: March 22, 2013, 12:18 AM »

Not exactly a beard Rolling Eyes (see Andy pics)

At least we now know that his match will be on at 3 pm GMT, always assuming the start time of matches is still 11 am Miami time and that Law has got his his facts right.  I say that because a women's match tends to be on first.  Watch MW for match alert!
[ Last edit by Aileen March 22, 2013, 12:31 AM ] IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 04:28 AM »

I have my own competition starting tomorrow ending Saturday night....so upset won't be able to even watch live update.  So everyone send good vibes to Andy for me.  I will send him good wishes tomorrow night.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #73 on: March 22, 2013, 06:44 AM »

I suppose Tomic (along with the other "rising stars") is capable of playing above his ranking, which adds to the uncertainty, although I would suggest most players have streaks where they appear to be playing above (or below) their own ranking, which is part of the fun.

I liked one review of the draw, which did acknowledge Andy had a few potentially tricky opponents from the get go, but that all of Andy's opponents would be more anxious when they saw "Murray" as a potential road-block to their own glory.  Except Tomic, who would spend his time doing practice autographs and posing with the trophy.  w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #74 on: March 22, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Damn I'll be on a train tomorrow afternoon and probably won't be able to watch any matches until wednesday night.  You better still be in there by then Andy.  Let Tomic hype away; I thought he'd learned some lessons from sinking in the rankings, but perhaps not?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »