Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic

(Read 8986 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #105 on: March 22, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Nevermind.  They are off the net.
Ooh snooty!  I take it though that you got on the net and then touched them up a bit. #Just curious.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #106 on: March 22, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Ooh snooty!  I take it though that you got on the net and then touched them up a bit. #Just curious.

I ain't a pedo.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #107 on: March 22, 2013, 07:47 PM »

I ain't a pedo.
More like a saddo.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #108 on: March 22, 2013, 07:53 PM »

I ain't a pedo.
Ha-ha.  I guess I asked for that one.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #109 on: March 22, 2013, 08:00 PM »

Sorry for firing off, but persistently dangerous drivers really tits me off.
Agreed.  I also think it's unfair to the vast majority of 20 year olds to suggest that his behaviour is somehow typical and anyone who suggests otherwise is an old fart.

Don't get me wrong.  I think sometimes the Australian press have had unrealistic expectations and been generally unfair.  Being a bit cocky, and suffering from foot in mouth disease is to be expected.  In fact, I find it quite amusing when he mouths off about his own talents, in much the same way I find Fed's bragging hilarious.  It's arrogant, but ultimately harmless.   Nor is it a particular problem that he hasn't lived up to the hype.  Loads of players struggle to match the hype, and struggle to maintain ranking after an impressive climb.

I think Tomic could learn a lot from Andy on how to deal with the pressure of being your nation's next great hope, but beyond that, they aren't that similar.  To the best of my knowledge, Andy's bad press hasn't been down to driving offences, getting into fights requiring police intervention.  He's never been accused of threatening journalists or arguing with the police.

Anyway, he does look like he might have turned a corner lately, and I hope for his sake he has.  Whatever talent he has, he will be the one to suffer the most if he fails to fulfil it.  That said, I'd prefer him to fulfil his potential in another tournament, against other players.  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #110 on: March 22, 2013, 08:02 PM »

yup...i think that the problem for this current crop of young players is that they stand little chance of winning a major at, in tennis terms, a young age. Particularly Nadal, Novak and Andy have taken tennis athleticism to an entirely new level. Therefore, players need to be as physically developed as those guys to seriously compete at masters and major level. Whether those young players have the tenacity in them to accept that and focus on reaching that level for several years....flip a coin.

That said, I dont feel that any of them have as much raw talent as Andy, Novak ,Nadal or Fed.

I don't know, really. Maybe the next generation will bring a different type of level and tennis who knows. The tennis eras always seem to represent a different type of breed each time so it will be interesting to see for sure what we have in store in the future.

Don't write them off though. If let's say, Andy gets beaten by Tomic tomorrow (God forbid), then this will come back to bite you, you know. :p
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #111 on: March 22, 2013, 09:23 PM »

I PMd Bev yesterday but so far haven't had a response, which isn't like her.
Gangsta to the rescue.  Great choice of pics. yay
No, its not like Bev.. she'll turn up tomorrow.

Thanks Gangsta.  goodjob
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #112 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04 PM »

I don't know, really. Maybe the next generation will bring a different type of level and tennis who knows. The tennis eras always seem to represent a different type of breed each time so it will be interesting to see for sure what we have in store in the future.

Don't write them off though. If let's say, Andy gets beaten by Tomic tomorrow (God forbid), then this will come back to bite you, you know. :p

Yeah i wrote off Del Potro at the last tourno and that bit me on the royal exterior. The thing with the Tomics etc is that they raise their game against the top guys then get beat by Joze Smith the qualifier from Planet NobodyKnows. Tomic may well win tomorrow ...IF Andy is well below his best and Tomic plays as well as he can.... Thats my disclaimer...and me is sticken to it Wink
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #113 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26 AM »

Andy to start at about 8:00pm GMT tomorrow.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #114 on: March 23, 2013, 12:46 AM »

Andy to start at about 8:00pm GMT tomorrow.
I'd say about 7 pm, unless Tsonga/Troicki goes to three sets, which could happen.  Their H2H is 3-2 Troicki.  It's better to err on the side of early anyway.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 23, 2013, 12:50 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #115 on: March 23, 2013, 01:02 AM »

I PMd Bev yesterday but so far haven't had a response, which isn't like her.
Gangsta to the rescue.  Great choice of pics. yay

My apologies.  Life getting in the way this week.  I see Gangsta was able to fill the void Very Happy

I will be around for the match, whatever time they decide to play, though I probably won't be around on MW - some of the comments on here are getting a tad tedious, so best I'd best stay away shutup

cmonandy

Quite surprised that Del po is out blink

Enjoy! wave
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #116 on: March 23, 2013, 01:03 AM »

My apologies.  Life getting in the way this week.  I see Gangsta was able to fill the void Very Happy

I will be around for the match, whatever time they decide to play, though I probably won't be around on MW - some of the comments on here are getting a tad tedious, so best I'd best stay away shutup

cmonandy

Enjoy! wave

Remember the procedure during Melbourne? If your not there I post the H2H?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #117 on: March 23, 2013, 01:08 AM »

cmonandy

Enjoy! wave
Hi Bev!  Glad to know you're OK.

Can't think what you mean by "tedious comments" ... Whistle
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #118 on: March 23, 2013, 08:27 AM »

Good replies by Andy in interview on pg 4. Thanks Scotnadian.

Surprised too, that Delpo is out already. Hated seeing him lose to Djoker in Indian Wells. Well, he can go and rest up a bit with Fed & Nadal.

I'd like to see Andy win this one.   cmonandy
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic « Reply #119 on: March 23, 2013, 08:40 AM »

Bevc I must admit I too am finding that some of the comments tedious and wish we could go back to good discussions and opinions about Andy and other player's matches rather than ego trips and rudeness. Hopefully once we have Andy playing there will be more to share and the possibility of bypassing the tedious.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »