Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Reply

Miami R2: Andy Murray vs Bernard Tomic

Thanks dani.  I'm sure Ross would have been watching this.
IP Logged

No prob Aileen Smile
IP Logged

judy murray ‏@judmoo
Watched Tomic The Tank Engine with Greg Norman today. I can confirm we use the same hair dye.
IP Logged

Warms my heart to see Andy & Ross keeping their sense of humour.
Thanks, Dani.  wub
IP Logged

No prob Smile

Completely agree-love their friendship.
IP Logged

judy murray ‏@judmoo
Watched Tomic The Tank Engine with Greg Norman today. I can confirm we use the same hair dye.

Ha ha she's nuts!
IP Logged

judy murray ‏@judmoo

"Tomic the Tank" - has a kind of justifiable ring to it, I think.
IP Logged

Maybe something personal is not going well. I don't know. I've seen him play tremendous tennis in the past; even his match against Federer was very good. Last year is last year. Anyway, I am not counting him out based on a few bad matches. If he's got the game, he will eventually sort out the mental part as well. Not everyone's the same.

I think he will eventually get there mentally too, he's still young. When he first came on the tour he played some wonderful matches - against Rafa at the AO, Soderling and Djokovic at Wimbledon, but he seems to have fallen away since then. All the negative off-court stuff can't have helped his focus. Hope he does improve because when 'on', I really enjoy his game.
IP Logged

Easy win for Andy, it would appear.  Next... Smile
IP Logged

Well well well Thomas Berdych loses the first set.
IP Logged

I think he will eventually get there mentally too, he's still young. When he first came on the tour he played some wonderful matches - against Rafa at the AO, Soderling and Djokovic at Wimbledon, but he seems to have fallen away since then. All the negative off-court stuff can't have helped his focus. Hope he does improve because when 'on', I really enjoy his game.
He needs to see the psychologist Andy saw to help stop him from being distracted by off-court matters, of which, unfortunately, there seem to be quite a few.  Separation from his father's influence might help too.
IP Logged

Well well well Thomas Berdych loses the first set.
As it's his first match, he might be feeling a bit nervous, but it would be quite something if Daniel  G-T did beat him.  Going with serve in the 2nd.
IP Logged

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andy-storms-past-tomic-in-miami/
IP Logged

He needs to see the psychologist Andy saw to help stop him from being distracted by off-court matters, of which, unfortunately, there seem to be quite a few.  Separation from his father's influence might help too.

That sounds like a really good idea - it could help him focus during matches. Aside from his self-inflicted bad behaviour, it can't have been easy dealing with all the negative press coming from Australia and the pressure of expectation for him to be another Lleyton/Rafter. Though I see he's said he was suffering from the flu today, so perhaps illness was a factor in his poor performance.

Really impressed by how well Gimeno-Traver is playing at the moment - could we be in store for another top 8 upset?

IP Logged

Apparantly Bernard was sick
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Reply