Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions?
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic

(Read 3642 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Yeah Ruthie, if it's daytime it will definitely be "behind the sofa" time.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 02:56 PM »

Get  set for another behind the couch day Ruthie and BBH. Highlights of yesterdays matches being shown at 3pm on Sky.  Todays tennis on at 6pm. Remember to put your clock forward one hour tonight for BST.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 03:17 PM »

Get  set for another behind the couch day Ruthie and BBH. Highlights of yesterdays matches being shown at 3pm on Sky.  Todays tennis on at 6pm. Remember to put your clock forward one hour tonight for BST.
Can only see live coverage of today's matches on SS4. Have I missed it?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 03:21 PM »

Live tennis on now ss4... Tomic v Ferrer ... Happy days.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Well Sky are not showing highlights of Andy's match.  tv Even pressed the red button, but nope, one of them is showing a repeat of Fed and Isner, IW, now who wants to watch that again, Hello! this is Miami!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Yes Chris I switched on and was upset they were not showing it. Why ? you would thin more people would be interested to see it than Ferrer V Tomic. What a bummer. It said earlier that there would be highlight of yesterdays matches and today's would start at 6pm.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Commentators questioning whether Tomic will reach top 10...

Come on, other than Raonic who else is there around that age group who will stop them? Look at Tomic's achievements at 17/18. None of the current juniors (Saville, Broady, Peliwo, etc) or last year's juniors (Golding, Vesely, Sant'anna) are anywhere near as close. I don't think Tomic or Raonic will break the top 4 which you would imagine will be Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Del Potro for a few years once Federer retires, but I can't see how either of them WON'T be top 10, short of big injury problems.

Cowan really ripping into Tomic but seems to forget that he's 19, not 25. He's got plenty of time to develop yet.

Anyway, I seem to have drifted off-topic, ha.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 03:53 PM »

Commentators questioning whether Tomic will reach top 10...

Come on, other than Raonic who else is there around that age group who will stop them? Look at Tomic's achievements at 17/18. None of the current juniors (Saville, Broady, Peliwo, etc) or last year's juniors (Golding, Vesely, Sant'anna) are anywhere near as close. I don't think Tomic or Raonic will break the top 4 which you would imagine will be Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Del Potro for a few years once Federer retires, but I can't see how either of them WON'T be top 10, short of big injury problems.

Cowan really ripping into Tomic but seems to forget that he's 19, not 25. He's got plenty of time to develop yet.

Anyway, I seem to have drifted off-topic, ha.
When the heck is Andy playing next? I cant see him on the schedules anywhere. Once we know the time can it be posted on MW somewhere prominent ?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 03:56 PM »

When the heck is Andy playing next? I cant see him on the schedules anywhere. Once we know the time can it be posted on MW somewhere prominent ?
Will be tomorrow. Fed/Djoko half of draw playing today.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Andy played yesterday - Novak/fed half today

Andy should be playing on Sunday
Or maybe Monday (sorry Elena, just seen your post)?  Given that the final isn't until next Sunday, surely there must be a two-day break at some point and the early stages of the tournament would be the obvious place to have it with so many players still involved?  But everyone can rest assured that, as soon as the time is known, it'll be prominently placed on here.

However, I don't care what time it's on - I'll be there, even if I have to take my laptop out with me.  Apart from anything else Andy's going to need all the support he can get.  I'm very wary of Raonic.  He has no fear of the top players, has nothing to lose, and, as he says, the door of opportunity is going to open for him at some point - just hope that this match isn't that time. pray  I still maintain though that he isn't up there yet tactically, so if Andy is playing well and doing well on serve - and placement can be just as important as aces - then I believe he can do it, particularly as he has the one thing Raonic lacks - EXPERIENCE.  However I'm expecting 3 nailbiting sets ... and on that note am off out to buy some of Bev's highly recommended Dr Bach's Rescue Remedy!

Hope Lendl has been on a scouting mission. Hope Andy is on song and trounces him yay
Lost interest in tennis during the Sampras years vomit Supported mad Andre.
Same here.  Pistol Pete was the kiss of death to the game - all serve and not a great deal else.  Thankfully we did have Mad Andre, who was not only a great player but had a great personality to go along with it.  Andy picked an excellent choice for his role model. Very Happy

[ Last edit by Aileen March 24, 2012, 05:33 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Leif Sherif (?) said that he thinks Raonic is leading the pack of younger hunters wanting to break through.  Oh dear hope Miami isn't where he does so.
Llb I don't think they can show yesterday's match because if it wasn't televised anywhere there's nothing to show. 
Aileen they said Andy will be playing tomorrow.  I guess the early parts of the draw are taking 2 days each because it's women as well as men.  Once they get further into the draw I assume they'll be playing daily.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Hope Lendl has been on a scouting mission. Hope Andy is on song and trounces him yay
Lost interest in tennis during the Sampras years vomit Supported mad Andre.

AA - my favourite ever player. I can't even begin to describe how much I hated Sampras's tennis.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13 PM »

AA - my favourite ever player. I can't even begin to describe how much I hated Sampras's tennis.
Me too.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 05:24 PM »

My favourite was Andre Agassi, and I liked Sabastien Grosjean.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Just as well that Andy likes the heat and humidity,it was 73 when I got up this morning now up to 84 ,same as miamial though we are supposed to get some rain tonight,which is really good cos we are on water rationing ,Andy will possibly get some rain tomorow later in the day.
Love Gael Monfils haircut.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »