Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions?
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic  (Read 3038 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05 AM »

So around 8 pm BST.  Fine with me.

Just watching the 2nd set of the Delpo/Karlovic match and the court is so slow - either that or I'm half asleep!  Anyway Delpo about to serve for the match.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 12:58 AM »

Well..I knew the day would come one day when my 2 boys would meet.
I want Andy to win.
I don't want Milos to lose.
What's a Scottish/Canadian girl to do?....

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 02:12 AM »

Cut yourself in half?? lol

Seriously, try to look at this way - God willing, Milos has got 4 more years than Andy to achieve his ambitions ...

I'm watching Djoko/Baggy match.  It's just after 9 pm in Miami and both players, particularly Baggy, are really sweating.  Really hot and humid apparenlty.  No night-time coolness like they had in IW.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 25, 2012, 02:19 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 02:24 AM »

..and hopefully they will meet many more times in those years. yes
I'm probably not going to be able to watch this live as I have something important to do tomorrow.. but Ive got the PVR set and I'll catch up with this thread after I've watched.
I'm not worried about Andy.  For sure Milos has the serve and the nerve.. but he's nowhere near Andy's class yet.  Andy is capable of jerking him around like a puppet on a string.
Milos is a lovely young man.. the public don't really know him yet,  I got to know a bit more about him last year when he was a commie at the Rogers Cup when he was unable to play due to his surgery.  I was really impressed by his knowledge of other players' games, and his drive and determination.
And hopefully they will be able to pronounce his name properly tomorrow.  It is 'Meelosh'... and I got that straight from the horse's mouth!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 02:57 AM »

I just found out Milos retired from his doubles today with an ankle problem.  There's a chance he might not play tomorrow, but I'm sure he will.  Nothing official yet.

Ricky Dimon‏@RD_TennistalkReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Raonic looked fine. Suddenly at 2-1 changeover he calls for trainer. Retires on the spot. Let's hope its precautionary.

IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34 AM »

I can understand you Brits not liking Sampras, he kept your Timmy from winning a slam. However if Andy had Pete's serve, I doubt you would think him boring. And as far as that being all Pete could do you obviously didn't really watch him play. His running forehand, his net play, his air Sampras were awesome!  His backhand was also great although that was his weakest shot. Andre was a showman who took meth while on the pro tour and lied to usta about it. Yes he's a real role model..not!

Don't look past raonic thinking he's injured Andy. Go out there like he's fit and ready to serve you off the court and bring your A game. Good luck Andy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42 AM »

I just found out Milos retired from his doubles today with an ankle problem.  There's a chance he might not play tomorrow, but I'm sure he will.  Nothing official yet.

Ricky Dimon‏@RD_TennistalkReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Raonic looked fine. Suddenly at 2-1 changeover he calls for trainer. Retires on the spot. Let's hope its precautionary.
I hope it is for his sake - or is luck once more favouring Andy?  Expected to play the tricky Istomin, who retired during his match with Falla, and now the possibility of another withdrawal, or, even if Raonic does play, he could be hampered by injury.

And hopefully they will be able to pronounce his name properly tomorrow.  It is 'Meelosh'... and I got that straight from the horse's mouth!
You'd have loved one commentator I heard recently.  We got 'Raynish', 'Rahnish', 'Raynik' and just very occasionally the correct pronunciation!  
[ Last edit by Aileen March 25, 2012, 04:45 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 08:00 AM »

Apollo, it's nothing to with Sampras denying Tim a slam, I didn't like Tiny Tim. No, it's because I couldn't stand his game.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 09:04 AM »

..and hopefully they will meet many more times in those years. yes
I'm probably not going to be able to watch this live as I have something important to do tomorrow.. but Ive got the PVR set and I'll catch up with this thread after I've watched.
I'm not worried about Andy.  For sure Milos has the serve and the nerve.. but he's nowhere near Andy's class yet.  Andy is capable of jerking him around like a puppet on a string.
Milos is a lovely young man.. the public don't really know him yet,  I got to know a bit more about him last year when he was a commie at the Rogers Cup when he was unable to play due to his surgery.  I was really impressed by his knowledge of other players' games, and his drive and determination.
And hopefully they will be able to pronounce his name properly tomorrow.  It is 'Meelosh'... and I got that straight from the horse's mouth!

Haha, what about his surname?! That's always confused me. Is "R-ow-nich" anywhere near right? (with two syllables). If that makes sense.. Haha
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 09:35 AM »

Apollo, it's nothing to with Sampras denying Tim a slam, I didn't like Tiny Tim. No, it's because I couldn't stand his game.

Agreed. Didn't particularly take to him as a person either.

Obscure fact: did you know Henman liked a ciggie?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 09:39 AM »

On that note, apparently Ferrer is a chain smoker.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 09:45 AM »

You took the words out of my mouth bbh.  
Apollo some of us Brits don't support Andy primarily because he's British but because we love him and his game.  This is the first Brit I've supported since I was a teenager in the 60s with a thing for Mike Sangster - Embarassed  Of course I didn't know better in those days, at least that's my excuse. Whistle

Anyway re subject of this thread: already feeling  nervous and it's probably 10 hours to go.  Wish Andy was on first so I could then relax for rest of the evening.  But can't say I'm too devastated at the thought that Raonic has a problem with his ankle.  That said I seem to remember Andy got to RF sf with an ankle problem so might not mean much and as someone said he probably withdrew from dubs for precautionary reasons.
[ Last edit by Ruthie March 25, 2012, 09:48 AM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #57 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48 AM »

You took the words out of my mouth bbh. 
Apollo some of us Brits don't support Andy primarily because he's British but because we love him and his game.  This is the first Brit I've supported since I was a teenager in the 60s with a thing for Mike Sangster - Embarassed  Of course I didn't know better in those days, at least that's my excuse. Whistle

Yep, I'm the least patriotic person in the country. I would follow Andy if he was Ukrainian. Back in the 80s, I used to love Mecir. When I first saw Andy, I saw a new Mecir.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Yep, I'm the least patriotic person in the country. I would follow Andy if he was Ukrainian. Back in the 80s, I used to love Mecir. When I first saw Andy, I saw a new Mecir.

Absolutely me too re Andy and I also like Tsonga, Novak, Tomic, Dimitrov, Harrison, Simon, Nalby, Safin, Fed with his gob shut, Agassi  and of course darling  Johnny Mac. Pretty multi- national.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R3: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 10:51 AM »

Scheduling today seems a bit odd. Isn't there a chance that Andy will still be playing when Nadal starts? I wonder why Berdych was put 1st on Stadium, not Andy.

[ Last edit by Elena March 25, 2012, 11:05 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »