Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 19 (67.9%)
Murray in 3 - 8 (28.6%)
Seppi in 2 - 0 (0%)
Seppi in 3 - 1 (3.6%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi

(Read 7908 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Yay,should be able to watch that.I'm appreciating SO much how much better this time difference is than IW (not that's really been something we had to worry about for the past couple years :P)

Hopefully it's not quite as nervy as today's was-my heart was in my mouth for a good portion of it!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Anyway, the way Murray has played in these two Masters hasn't been particularly inspiring. Apart from Del Potro, Seppi is the hardest opponent (ranking-wise, at least) he's faced since Melbourne, and far less suscepticle to mental walkabouts than Dimitrov. Andy will need to step it up.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #62 on: March 26, 2013, 01:21 AM »

Andy 3rd on stadium court.

1. Ferrer v Nishikori
2. S Williams v Li Na
3. Murray v Seppi

http://www.sonyopentennis.com/Schedules/Live-OOP.aspx

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 02:43 AM »

So an estimated time of 7 pm once again, although it could be later if Ferrer and Nishi bash it out for three sets.  Don't know about Serena and Li Na, but their H2H is 6-1 to Serena.

I really don't know what to expect from Andy but his recent performances have left me under-enthused.  Admittedly the Tomic match was difficult to judge because Tomic was so woeful but the Dimitrov match was disappointing.  Andy has beaten Seppi comfortably in their last three meetings, but the last of those was in Rome 2010 and Seppi has now reached the highest ranking of his career.  Could be tricky unless Andy goes up a gear.  Fortunately he usually tends to improve as the tournament progresses. 
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 08:23 AM »

The reason why I haven't come on here is because of GangstaMurray and I know I'm not alone. He seems to think he has the right to be rude and offensive. MW used to be great and the discussions were very good whether we agreed or not. Please could those who did the organising etc please take over again and let's get back to the way it was before.
Michelle, that is such a shame! You can't like everyone on a website, as in the rest of the world, everyone is different. I think you just have to live with GangstaMurray - he's just a bit pushy - some people need to feel important it's all part of growing up. I expect I've upset him now but he'll calm down eventually - probably means well. Don't let him put you off - you belong here as much as he does.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #65 on: March 26, 2013, 12:29 PM »

Looks like I'll be missing this match as well. The IW timeframe really allowed me to watch most of Andy's matches.

Anyway, it's not a big deal as long as Andy sees an easy victory. Tonight I am planning to watch the Dimitrov match. Maybe I'll do the same tomorrow night and watch the Seppi match. Seppi's been really good lately so he's not going to collapse like either Tomic or Dimitrov, so yes, Andy will have to be aware of that. Still waiting for Andy to put out a really fine performance. Haven't seen him in a sharp shape since the match against Federer at the AO.

Andy’s main problem remains. He’s not as focused as he should be and it takes a beating on his confidence level. As a result, his whole game suffers. I wonder if this is how it will be for the entire career or if this is subject to change at some point in the future. Remains to be seen. I still feel he has one too many distractions going on in his personal life. He’s not like Nole who can do a number of things and yet, can get his focus back
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #66 on: March 26, 2013, 12:44 PM »

The reason why I haven't come on here is because of GangstaMurray and I know I'm not alone. He seems to think he has the right to be rude and offensive.
  Agree about GM - banter is fine, but gratuitous offensiveness is not on.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #67 on: March 26, 2013, 12:56 PM »

AM looked a bit like he was still aclimitising to the conditions last night which I thought was strange given he spends so much time there, but then I read an article this morning which stated the conditions last night were vastly different as the ball was moving much slower and that AM had realised he was leaving the ball too short.

Guess we just have to trust AM & IL to get this job done, there were some comments on here last night re. AM not destroying his opponenets any more, well no he doesnt but what he is beginning to do is make himself "a force" he was 2-5 down last night but got inside Dimitov's head enough to claw his way back in.  I think these are good signs after all is this not what Djokovic does?  he is now a brick wall when it comes to his opponents at the other side of the net.  AM is always going to produce a shot of sheer birlliance during the course of a match but these shots do not win matches (ask Dimitrov) "bread and butter" points win matches.  I think AM and IL have been concentrating on the upcoming Clay Court Season as that is when he has very little to defend and can get himself some nice points to use as a cushion going into the grass court season.  I still think AM the GS Champion will emerge on grass this year.

With regard to the this site and the changes, yes sometimes it is dissapointing to see some of the comments which can verge on personal when really it is a tennis site to discuss all things of a tennis nature and espeically Andy Murray!!  What I tend to do is skip the "mornoic" posts and read the ones from posters who actually want to speak about the match and give their honest opinions. 

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #68 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57 PM »

To be serious, it is a bit tiresome. Just take your time and get a decent first post up, with maybe head-to-heads and a bit of information on the opponent.

So mention it [start time] in the OP, so anyone opening the thread can see straight away.

Please....

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #69 on: March 26, 2013, 01:37 PM »

What I tend to do is skip the "mornoic" posts....

what does "mornoic" mean?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 01:50 PM »

what does "mornoic" mean?
  Maybe its some kind of gibe, son. Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #71 on: March 26, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Agree about GM - banter is fine, but gratuitous offensiveness is not on.

I don't ever recall being meaningfully offensive. The gags about Aileen were described by me to her in a PM saying that I never see her that way and they were only intended to be funny. She replied that she was not offended by them. I have said some pretty idiotic things, but hasn't everyone? Especially during matches. I said a few days ago that we cannot expect 'rainbows and ponies here, someone has to be negative'. The Zimmer Frame Girl gag was a reference to a gag about the power cut in Miami and Aileen's personal experience in which I quoted 'did your zimmer frame have fast wheels' and she put a laughing emoticon to it. So I assume that didn't offend Aileen.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #72 on: March 26, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Michelle, that is such a shame! You can't like everyone on a website, as in the rest of the world, everyone is different. I think you just have to live with GangstaMurray - he's just a bit pushy - some people need to feel important it's all part of growing up. I expect I've upset him now but he'll calm down eventually - probably means well. Don't let him put you off - you belong here as much as he does.

No one has upset me, yes I come across as a bit pushy, but I'm not 100% pushy. I can be a very considerate and sensitive guy. Please don't be put of by me. We are similar to one big family, we go through some terrible times, but the best thing is to stay as a family.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #73 on: March 26, 2013, 01:59 PM »

I accept all of that, but I am always mindful that on a forum my posts are seen in a wider context than they would be in a private exchange.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #74 on: March 26, 2013, 02:01 PM »

I accept all of that, but I am always mindful that on a forum my posts are seen in a wider context than they would be in a private exchange.

I completely understand that, sometimes I post something and I say to myself 'god that could be misinterpreted' and I guess this is a case of misinterpretation of a few gags. It happens and I am glad people have mentioned it because now I will tone down and be more mindful.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »