Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 19 (67.9%)
Murray in 3 - 8 (28.6%)
Seppi in 2 - 0 (0%)
Seppi in 3 - 1 (3.6%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi

(Read 8219 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #75 on: March 26, 2013, 02:22 PM »

I completely understand that, sometimes I post something and I say to myself 'god that could be misinterpreted' and I guess this is a case of misinterpretation of a few gags. It happens and I am glad people have mentioned it because now I will tone down and be more mindful.
 No probs - don't be too inhibited tho' !  Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #76 on: March 26, 2013, 02:24 PM »

I completely understand that, sometimes I post something and I say to myself 'god that could be misinterpreted' and I guess this is a case of misinterpretation of a few gags. It happens and I am glad people have mentioned it because now I will tone down and be more mindful.
Calling someone a ***** is offensive,and your bad language is unnecessary.So if you are as you claim to be sensitive and considerate read what you have written at least 3 times before you post it.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #77 on: March 26, 2013, 02:28 PM »

Anyway, the way Murray has played in these two Masters hasn't been particularly inspiring. Apart from Del Potro, Seppi is the hardest opponent (ranking-wise, at least) he's faced since Melbourne, and far less suscepticle to mental walkabouts than Dimitrov. Andy will need to step it up.

Yep ....I like Seppi as a player....he doesnt have any outstanding shot within his tennis repertoire ..but he never gives up and with his steady rise in rankings has made the most of the ability he has. Andy,for sure , will have to play better thanhe did yesterday. As much positives as there are about Dimitrov's playing style...he is nowhere near the level of consistency needed to seriously challenge for tournos yet.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #78 on: March 26, 2013, 03:40 PM »

This thread was posted by two people the same minute?? shocking
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #79 on: March 26, 2013, 03:49 PM »

I don't ever recall being meaningfully offensive. The gags about Aileen were described by me to her in a PM saying that I never see her that way and they were only intended to be funny. She replied that she was not offended by them. I have said some pretty idiotic things, but hasn't everyone? Especially during matches. I said a few days ago that we cannot expect 'rainbows and ponies here, someone has to be negative'. The Zimmer Frame Girl gag was a reference to a gag about the power cut in Miami and Aileen's personal experience in which I quoted 'did your zimmer frame have fast wheels' and she put a laughing emoticon to it. So I assume that didn't offend Aileen.
I accept all of that, but I am always mindful that on a forum my posts are seen in a wider context than they would be in a private exchange.
I agree Fiverings, and I've already made Gangsta aware of that fact.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 26, 2013, 04:12 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 03:53 PM »

Are you not aware of my super power. It's called fast posting lol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Are you not aware of my super power. It's called fast posting lol

I'm aware of your stupid power but didnt expect someone else to challenge you.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #82 on: March 26, 2013, 03:56 PM »

I'm aware of your stupid power but didnt expect someone else to challenge you.

He soiled his pants at the prospect. lol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #83 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58 PM »

He soiled his pants at the prospect. lol

I admit I laughed at that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #84 on: March 26, 2013, 04:11 PM »

AM looked a bit like he was still aclimitising to the conditions last night which I thought was strange given he spends so much time there, but then I read an article this morning which stated the conditions last night were vastly different as the ball was moving much slower and that AM had realised he was leaving the ball too short.
Conditions last night were unusually chilly for Miami, and Andy is much more used to playing in the hotter and more humid conditions.  It was also a very sudden big drop in temperature so Andy didn't have time to acclimatise to it.

And immediately after the match being finished as well, which was ridiculous.

Certainly match threads should be opened fairly quickly once Andy's opponent is known, but, please, not just after the last ball has been played!  Also, as has already been pointed out, they should be properly presented, i.e. with a short introductory paragraph giving some details about his opponent and, if they have met before, a comment on
their results, even if they're well documented.  It's worth remembering that there are many guests who read the comments on MW, so it cannot be assumed that what is obvious to us as members is also well known to them.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 04:16 PM »

Calling someone a ***** is offensive,and your bad language is unnecessary.So if you are as you claim to be sensitive and considerate read what you have written at least 3 times before you post it.

Gangsta is just an easy target but he's good enough to take his responsibilities if you tell him nicely. There are other posters who seem to lose it more often than not - even when there is no valid reason for them to lose in the first place – especially when they still have the option to be decent about it. I simply avoid responding to these people because they are not worth my time or attention. On the other hand, I don’t mind teasing (banter if you will) Gangsta once in a while because he’s still 16 and has plenty of time to learn and will probably learn. Those are however lost causes.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Gangsta is just an easy target but he's good enough to take his responsibilities if you tell him nicely. There are other posters who seem to lose it more often than not - even when there is no valid reason for them to lose in the first place – especially when they still have the option to be decent about it. I simply avoid responding to these people because they are not worth my time or attention. On the other hand, I don’t mind teasing (banter if you will) Gangsta once in a while because he’s still 16 and has plenty of time to learn and will probably learn. Those are however lost causes.

Zis sounds good.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 04:24 PM »

I kind of agree with ABF. These youngsters probably aren't good enough or let's say, they don't belong to the same category as Nole, Andy, Del Potro etc. But we have to keep in mind, when these players showed up, there were only two players dominating the men's tour as opposed to now,  where we have 4/5 players dominating the tour. So in other words, it got tougher even for the top players. How the youngsters feel about it only God knows, but one thing is very noticeable is that, they are all suffering from a mental letdown and it shows in their matches, especially when they are up against those top players. But as Prodigy said in one of his posts, things change and they sometimes change fast, so what we have now is not necessarily a sure indication of the future.

Anyway, expecting a very good game from Andy today. He has no reason to take Seppi lightly.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #88 on: March 26, 2013, 04:38 PM »

I do know what you mean about some other posters, but unfortunately Gangsta draws attention to himself because he submits so many posts.  Less enthusiasm and more thought wouldn't go amiss.  Quantity does not equal quality.

Zis sounds good.
I hope zat does too.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami R4: Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi « Reply #89 on: March 26, 2013, 04:39 PM »

I have a meeting from 1 to 2pm but once I get back, I should have still the ladies going on and will be on time for Andy's match as well. I really miss watching his matches live. Tomic's match was bizarre. It was over even before I was able to settle down.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »