Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 19 (51.4%)
Murray in 3 - 15 (40.5%)
Gasquet in 2 - 1 (2.7%)
Gasquet in 3 - 2 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet

(Read 10555 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48 AM »

Andy will win this.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 03:51 AM »

Looking forward to the match. Listen up, Andy, we'll all be cheering you on from afar.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 04:50 AM »

I certainly won't forget their amazing Wimbledon match in 2008.

Nor I.

Some highlights

And the inspiration for the H2H Very Happy

* Murray vs Gasquet.JPG (101.51 KB, 605x824 - viewed 96 times.)
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 07:23 AM »

Such a good draw for Andy.    Smile.   Gasquet is a good player but he usually fails in the latter stages of big tournaments. Harsh but true.      I don't take into account that weird H2H between them.  They haven't played on a HC M1000 for quite a while.  Ive seen Gasquet play this week and tbh he just lives on that baseline.  His serve also is not a weapon.  Relax guys.  I think Murray will win this easily.   
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 07:25 AM »

Bevc, how splendid to have u back  clap
Am properly  nervous about this one. Andy usually takes 5 sets to beat Crashquet.
If his serve is firing he'll be OK, if not, we're in for a very rocky ride, I fear.
Andy :yay
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 09:05 AM »

Such a good draw for Andy.    Smile.   Gasquet is a good player but he usually fails in the latter stages of big tournaments. Harsh but true.      I don't take into account that weird H2H between them.  They haven't played on a HC M1000 for quite a while.  Ive seen Gasquet play this week and tbh he just lives on that baseline.  His serve also is not a weapon.  Relax guys.  I think Murray will win this easily.    
Good post totally agree with you.
Have missed your posts of late, no doubt busy with study  and being with your friends and tennis.
[ Last edit by michelle March 29, 2013, 10:15 AM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 09:53 AM »

Pleased that Gasquet won last night - he's having a really good season so far. Berdych, apart from his last match, has struggled at this tournament - was lucky to get this far really, considering he saved himself with a second serve ace on MP in one of his matches.

I'm less nervous about Gasquet than I would have been had Andy played an in-form Berdych, but it'll still be a tough match. Gasquet won't gift Andy as many mistakes as Cilic did, and Andy will have to tighten up his game. But Andy should be focused from the very beginning in this one. Should be good-quality tennis to watch hopefully.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 10:09 AM »

Nor I.

Thanks for the H2H and link. Smile I'm nervous about this one. Richard is having a good season and Andy leads the H2h by only a narrow margin so it will be very close. Should be a great match though and I'll until it gets underway I'll keep my nerves in check by remembering Andy has superb results against the French players.
 cmon yeah
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this game, because Gasquet is such a flair player, that he is bound to make it interesting for Andy.  I must also admit to being glad that Gasquet knocked Berdych out, as those match ups always have more riding on them, because of the loathsome character that Berdych is, something that I believe Andy is all too aware of.  Instead we can relax and enjoy a great game of tennis and may the best player win.  Only word of caution is that if Andy starts slow and Gasquet in top gear, which he is perfectly capable of doing, then in a 3 set match it could all be over before it really gets started. Still I'm sure Andy is perfectly aware of these considerations and if all his careful preparation for selected tournaments this year is on track, then he should be stepping up his performances as these tournaments progress, having done enough to get through the opening rounds.

Andy certainly didn't look great against Cillic, while he did pull out some shots and points when needed.  I've got to say I feel sorry for Cillic, I don't watch him against other players, but against Andy you often see what a great player he can be, but there always seems to come a time when he looks haunted, and by the end, bar one match, he is always owned.  Tennis can be rough!  Also how has he got to no. 11? Just imagine if he was your favourite player!  

Thankfully, while there are ups and downs with Andy, we are supporting an intelligent, tenacious young man, committed to improvement, while being blessed with all the natural tennis skills one could dream of.   wub
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26 AM »

Nor I.

Some highlights

Wowee!  That really is truly inspirational, I'd forgotten what an amazing match they had, and btw, what about that winner in tie break?!??!???!!!  Magnifique, est non?!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 10:48 AM »

Thankfully, while there are ups and downs with Andy, we are supporting an intelligent, tenacious young man, committed to improvement, while being blessed with all the natural tennis skills one could dream of.   wub

Good posting!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 11:21 AM »

I feel sure that Andy  can beat Gasquet tonight if he steps up his form and does something about his erratic serve. However the prospect of going into a final which could lead him to become World no 2 may be so daunting that he simply bows out. I hope he goes for it all guns blazing If he does'nt then I shall understand If ,when I was 25/26 years old,I'd earned as much money as he has  I'd opt for a quiet,private life  away from all publicity.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 11:29 AM »

Gasquet was brilliant last night I watched in awe as he tore Berdych apart. I really thought that Berdych would win. Gasquet was amazing it just show that the game of tennis is not all big thumping shots down to the other player. He sure did it in style and it was a real pleasure to watch Gasquet bring Berdych to his knees. He just outplayed Berdych from the very start. Andy will have to be at his brilliant best to win tonight.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 11:31 AM »

I feel sure that Andy  can beat Gasquet tonight if he steps up his form and does something about his erratic serve. However the prospect of going into a final which could lead him to become World no 2 may be so daunting that he simply bows out. I hope he goes for it all guns blazing If he does'nt then I shall understand If ,when I was 25/26 years old,I'd earned as much money as he has  I'd opt for a quiet,private life  away from all publicity.

No doubt for me that Andy will win this match. Andy now has the mental edge over Gasquet, where he didn't in their previous best of 3 sets meeting in Rome because Andy was probably more focused on his injured back. Soon after though he achieved something he had probably wanted to achieve for 25 years in the space of 4 months. A Wimbledon final, Olympic gold and of course his first Grand Slam in New York. If Murray won the first set as he did in a tiebreak in Rome, I see no other option but to go with Murray in 2 as he is now mentally stronger and won't surrender a lead such as that. Gasquet may be a better player then 8-9 months ago, but Murray has come on leaps and bounds since then and to me feels like a new re-developed player.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 11:36 AM »

Andy will have too much game for Gasquet in straights. And if that somehow doesn't happen there there is always the strong possibility of Gasquet choking it away.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »