Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 19 (51.4%)
Murray in 3 - 15 (40.5%)
Gasquet in 2 - 1 (2.7%)
Gasquet in 3 - 2 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet

(Read 10141 times)
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #975 on: March 30, 2013, 02:37 PM »

Could'nt follow the match last night so many thanks for all your comments  Murray did brilliantly without me rooting for him I will be following the final however
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #976 on: March 30, 2013, 02:54 PM »

Could'nt follow the match last night so many thanks for all your comments  Murray did brilliantly without me rooting for him I will be following the final however

Benniebone.. if you want to see the entire match, Dani has kindly posted it in the Videos thread.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #977 on: March 30, 2013, 04:33 PM »

It's getting very tiresome, hence my reason for staying away so much (Caz's recent post drew my attention to your comments).

I certainly don't wear rose tinted glasses but is there really any need?  I know that we each 'cope' in our own way but feel that it doesn't bode well for the site's image, IMO.

I wish Andy well for the final.  I will be up to watch but will keep my comments for post match.
Bev I stopped coming on to MW during matches long ago -just couldn't stand the level of negativity the minute he faltered.  So very wise to wait until post-match.  However I suppose if those of us who feel this way all stay off, we're leaving the stage for the soothsayers and, as someone observed, it doesn't look good to the guests who visit during matches. 
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #978 on: March 30, 2013, 04:39 PM »

Ruthie and Bev, I agree with you both, I had serious doubts about continuing with MW especially during and after the US Open.  Couldn't believe all the negative comments and sniping going on and this was even after he won!  You are right though Ruthie, we should not let the soothsayers have sole use of the site to afflct the rest of us with their bile.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #979 on: March 30, 2013, 04:42 PM »

Ruthie and Bev, I agree with you both, I had serious doubts about continuing with MW especially during and after the US Open.  Couldn't believe all the negative comments and sniping going on and this was even after he won!  You are right though Ruthie, we should not let the soothsayers have sole use of the site to afflct the rest of us with their bile.

Don't let some negativity drive you away Iris!!At the end of the day,we all love Andy,and there's plenty of us who like to stay positive on here!We may sometimes not be as loud,but we're here! hug
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #980 on: March 30, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Don't let some negativity drive you away Iris!!At the end of the day,we all love Andy,and there's plenty of us who like to stay positive on here!We may sometimes not be as loud,but we're here! hug
Ditto. We need to stand up against the negative brigade. I always think of the saying ' one man looks out of his room and sees the sky, another looks out and sees mud.' I never come on the site during a match and after I know those who only see mud and pass by their comments because if I read them I get so angry.So we need to bring positive vibes and comments to the fore. If Andy, Lendl and his team were not positive Andy would have given up. hug
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #981 on: March 30, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Hear hear!!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #982 on: March 30, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Yes, how dare some posters not be uber positive at every opportunity. Unbelievable how people could comment on a bad miss or poor game.

Negative brigade. Oh my god. Get off your high horse, please.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #983 on: March 30, 2013, 05:21 PM »

I will always support Andy irrespective of whether he wins or loses.  I know most of his fans feel the same way as I do and I for one will always fight his corner, I would question whether those who posted negative comments AFTER he won the US Open are really true Andy fans or are they just bitter people who vent their negativity at those who achieve something in life.  Through MW true Andy fans have been able to share his ups and downs and celebrated/commiserated with each other and I would not allow a few detractors from preventing me from continuing to share. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #984 on: March 30, 2013, 05:23 PM »

:shocking:I wondered who voted for Gasquet. It is obvious this abberration is caused by the company you are keeping. Whistle
Nothing whatsoever to do with that.  It was what you might call a mistake of the intellect.

fainting Oh ye of little faith!
I know Caz - I'm hanging my head in shame. sorry  At least I've owned up to it though.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #985 on: March 30, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Yes, how dare some posters not be uber positive at every opportunity. Unbelievable how people could comment on a bad miss or poor game.

Hehe.

I noticed how you were more negative than usual last night, not that I have a problem with that, considering I have been negative myself at times.  :P

I think Andy fans should be allowed to react however they want to, whether negative or positive. There is no rule book that states we should all be positive at all times, or we won't be considered true fans of Andy. To suggest that is pretty darn ridiculous, and I think it's down right unfair that some are being accused of not being true fans, just because they are negative at times.

As sports fans, being negative at times is how some people deal with things. I mean to mean when you've invested so much in Andy, you want him to do the best he can, all the time. You want him to be at his high standards, and make as little mistakes as possible. There's nothing wrong, in my opinion, of being negative when he's not living up to your expectations, because when he does, it's a rewarding feeling, when he goes from playing poor, to playing great espescially. You have the highs and the lows, and at the end of it all, your negative feelings are forgotten.

Now, I've got no problem with people being positive, but I think people should be allowed to be negative as well without being trod upon by the always positive brigade. Otherwise this site is just going to go to ****, I mean how boring would it be if we were all boring robots that had to stay positive otherwise we were not considered true fans.... We are all different people, and rather than arguing over how fans are being during these matches, we should accept it because no one has the right to tell any one else how they should act.

I hope you guys understand my point.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #986 on: March 30, 2013, 05:31 PM »

I don't think Michelle was talking about us simply saying when Andy makes a mistake,or commenting about how could've done something better Mad.After all,that's only speaking the truth.

But there are times,usually when Andy is playing badly, when things that get said can be pretty nasty to read,and that's sad to see on a fansite devoted to Andy.After all,we're all his fans,we're all here because we care about and support Andy.It would be nice if we could  be a bit more supportive of each other while doing so too,as the squabbling never achieves anything,and while constructive criticism never hurt anybody,the fact is that sometimes stuff gets said about Andy that goes way beyond that.

Now,I don't mean any of this in a mean spirit.I LOVE MW.Even when I wish people could just be a bit nicer during the stressy times,I've never been sorry that I discovered this site-I love it on here,having people to chat to and know that they're going through the same thing as me,that they're just as invested in Andy's career as me. But I don't think it's unacceptable to wish that the nastier stuff said about Andy was stopped,or at least toned down a bit.Not to say never criticise him-just not to attack him,that's all.

[ Last edit by xxdanixx March 30, 2013, 05:37 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #987 on: March 30, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Hehe.

I noticed how you were more negative than usual last night, not that I have a problem with that, considering I have been negative myself at times.  :P
Yeah I was in a bit of a mood last night. I think all the pre-match stats about Murray never beating Gasquet in a best-of-3 were riling me, not to mention this great opportunity to win this Masters.

I don't think Michelle was talking about us simply saying when Andy makes a mistake,or commenting about how could've done something better Mad.After all,that's only speaking the truth.

But there are times,usually when Andy is playing badly, when things that get said can be pretty nasty to read,and that's sad to see on a fansite devoted to Andy.After all,we're all his fans,we're all here because we care about and support Andy.It would be nice if we could  be a bit more supportive of each other while doing so too,as the squabbling never achieves anything,and while constructive criticism never hurt anybody,the fact is that sometimes stuff gets said about Andy that goes way beyond that.

Now,I don't mean any of this in a mean spirit.I LOVE MW.Even when I wish people could just be a bit nicer during the stressy times,I've never been sorry that I discovered this site-I love it on here,having people to chat to and know that they're going through the same thing as me,that they're just as invested in Andy's career as me. But I don't think it's unacceptable to wish that the nastier stuff said about Andy was stopped,or at least toned down a bit.Not to say never criticise him-just not to attack him,that's all.

Nasty things - such as what?

I can understand personal attacks are over the top, but often in matches, such as last night, people will come on and attack the so called 'negative brigade' for simply getting frustrated at a poor game. I wonder if these posters even bother to read the thread or just see some people moaning about 'nasty posts' and jump on their high horse, often exaggerating what were merely fair opinions on a poor game or strange shot selection.

People are entitled to their opinions. The obsessive need to come on here after every match and talk down to those who dared to point out a poor shot selection or get frustrated at throwing a game away with a couple of double faults is totally unnecesary. And you know what the irony is? They're simply drawing attention to these supposed posts and making things worse by exaggerating the extent of them, rather than just letting things go. It's the same old posters posting the same old things. It's incredibly tedious.

Also, those jumping on the backs of anyone who dare predict Murray might lose a match. What's wrong with you? Yes, this is a fan forum, but that doesn't mean some people can't show some neutrality. Murray does lose matches. Just because a poster wasn't confident or had a bad feeling about a match-up doesn't mean they want them to win any less than anyone else on here. Those posters are glad to be proved wrong. So why the need to jump down their throats after the match? Yes, they were wrong. Get over it. Have you never made a wrong prediction in your life?

If anyone has a problem with a post during a match, then comment on it at the time. And actually make it clear what post you're referring to. Because about 99% of the time, it's people moaning about generic posts, often non-existent, without ever actually pointing out these posts in question. Bringing it up after the match, with the delightful benefit of hindsight, is incredibly unfair. Are we not allowed to get frustrated when things aren't going Murray's way?

Everyone on here wants the same thing. So why the need to constantly bring down people for negativity? It's a part of life, it's certainly a part of sport. If it annoys you so much then you need to get a serious grip. Failing that, then just don't come on here and don't read these threads during matches. Ok?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #988 on: March 30, 2013, 05:55 PM »

I to love MW I do not agree with many thing on it but I do love Andy and would support him through thick and thin. We all have many different opinions I have learned not to respond to negative posts about Andy as I just get angry and it is not worth getting upset. I look on the bright side and hope he goes on to greater things and continues to be the best player Scotland has produced.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami SF: Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet « Reply #989 on: March 30, 2013, 05:55 PM »

I noticed Andy's team and his family (Mum, Kim etc.) were all very supportive every time he was down. Couldn't imagine them any other way especially being negative. I don't think it would have looked good on them or would have been inspiring for Andy or helpful had they given him critical and long looks. You, in fact, need more support and positive vibes when you are struggling. I am sure it helps far more than let's say giving negative support. But I get that it's a fan zone and not all fans are going to react the same way but at the same time, I would have thought some would wise up by now having been of Andy's fan for so long. I am not indicating you btw but just in general. You are pessimist, negative and positive all at once. I am more on the positive side because I believe in power of suggestions.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »