Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal

(Read 3600 times)
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « on: March 29, 2012, 06:31 AM »

Will definitely be a brilliant and exciting match, Andy has a decent chance  cmonandy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:48 AM »

Oh Julia, which picture to pick for the H2H confused

Right, decision made, rightly or wrongly!

Andy loves playing Rafa and though the H2H is in Rafa's favour, Andy needs to remind himself of the times he has beaten the Spaniard. yes  

Hopefully the day off will help Andy if he has been feeling unwell.  Rafa had a 3 setter that finished about midnight, local time.

* Murray vs Nadal.png (998.09 KB, 698x1195 - viewed 60 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc March 29, 2012, 07:58 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:17 AM »

Not highlights of their most recent match (its from the US Open) but if this music doesn't stir you up, nothing will! Very Happy

Oh, they showed some stats tonight for Rafa, and 1st point of every game he's played this week has been up the T - remember that Andy!

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:18 AM »

Wow! Thanks Bev.....That was pure 'magic'! The music reminded me of 'The Omen'! I noticed too, that Andy wasn't 'haunting' the baseline like he sometimes does! Andy......Are you watching this? You are sooo good when you come into the net! We don't seem to be seeing enough of this lately! Well, I'm not anyway!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:26 AM »

There's no reason why Andy can't beat Rafa tomorrow, if he plays well.
Yes he was unconvincing yesterday, but he was also nauseous.
He'll be fine on Friday and psyched up to play him.
Rafa has not been playing particularly well for the entire tournament there may be an injury worry too. And he'd really have to be more convincing at this stage to be a real favourite on a hard court. It will be down to whoever can up their game on the day and my guess it shall be Andy that is more ready to. If Novak can beat rafa 7 times in a row on every surface its time for Andy to step up to the plate also.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:39 AM »

There's no reason why Andy can't beat Rafa tomorrow, if he plays well.
Yes he was unconvincing yesterday, but he was also nauseous.
He'll be fine on Friday and psyched up to play him.
Rafa has not been playing particularly well for the entire tournament there may be an injury worry too. And he'd really have to be more convincing at this stage to be a real favourite on a hard court. It will be down to whoever can up their game on the day and my guess it shall be Andy that is more ready to. If Novak can beat rafa 7 times in a row on every surface its time for Andy to step up to the plate also.
My feelings exactly.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:53 AM »

Interestingly Nadal's been broken back in two separate matches when trying to serve it out (Nishikori and Tsonga). Maybe not all there mentally, or maybe just coincidence.

Either way, Andy has a great chance as long as he's on form. Play like in that spell yesterday and he won't get a chance to come back.

Interestingly the first match between these two since Andy destroyed him in that famous encounter in Tokyo.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Wow! Thanks Bev.....That was pure 'magic'! The music reminded me of 'The Omen'! I noticed too, that Andy wasn't 'haunting' the baseline like he sometimes does! Andy......Are you watching this? You are sooo good when you come into the net! We don't seem to be seeing enough of this lately! Well, I'm not anyway!

The music is bugging me - I'm sure I've heard it on some movie, but can't think which, though it's a long time since I've watched The Omen.  I'm thinking a Hans Zimmer soundtrack but I could be so very wrong dontknow

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the montage.  I know I did Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Thanks for H2h bev -a nice photo in the end but must admit I prefer him without cap.  The shape of his face doesn't really suit a cap.
I've not seen Rafa play yet this week and there's talk of his knee playing up.  Provided Andy plays like he is able to I'd have thought he had a good chance esp given, as tmh points out, this is their first encounter since that bruising bagel in Tokyo which I'm sure will be at back of Rafa's mind.  I imagine this will be the first sf tomorrow as they'll want either Fish (N American) or Monaco (S American) on in the evening whether or not Nole wins.  Now wouldn't it be nice if other sf were Ferrer against Monaco both of whom I like.  I'd have thought Ferrer has a good chance of beating Nole as sounds like latter far from his best this week.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Hopefully the day off will help Andy if he has been feeling unwell.  Rafa had a 3 setter that finished about midnight, local time.
All Andy's wins against Rafa have been on hard court so that will help the chances.
Rafa nearly always has a gammy knee (or 2) but it never seem stop him winning! Has he ever withdrawn from match in progress through his injuries?

Andy wont be relying on possible injuries or psycological advantages to win. He known Rafa wont give him a millimeter.
Lendl will need to prepare Andy well for this, it will be just as much a mind game as a tennis game.

cmonandy YOU CAN DO IT!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52 AM »

All Andy's wins against Rafa have been on hard court so that will help the chances.
Rafa nearly always has a gammy knee (or 2) but it never seem stop him winning! Has he ever withdrawn from match in progress through his injuries?

Andy wont be relying on possible injuries or psycological advantages to win. He known Rafa wont give him a millimeter.
Lendl will need to prepare Andy well for this, it will be just as much a mind game as a tennis game.

cmonandy YOU CAN DO IT!
You are of course right re the injuries lashurst though Rafa did indeed once withdraw during a match against Andy because of injury - at AO a couple of years ago I think.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 11:55 AM »

I approve of the H2H pics Bev. AS usual will be nervous for both nervous
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:59 AM »

You are of course right re the injuries lashurst though Rafa did indeed once withdraw during a match against Andy because of injury - at AO a couple of years ago I think.

Yes and many Rafans claimed that he would have won if he wasnt injured. Well he wasn't for 2 sets and Andy was all over him. It was a great match and i do enjoy watching them play together because it is often at a very high level. But it was just too much last year; absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'd love for Andy to have a shock win in MC over Rafa next Month. Its not out of the question as he was close last year and I believe he could have done it, bar the injury he suffered beforehand.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme March 29, 2012, 12:04 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 12:20 PM »

cmonandy YOU CAN DO IT!

Why I do believe he has..

I still believe that Rafa was fine that prior to that match, tweaked something during it and chose to retire rather than get destroyed in straight sets. Was a great shame because that was possibly the best I'd ever seen Andy play that day. Serving was immense.

Murray's reaction at 5:02 to the net cord is priceless.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter March 29, 2012, 03:48 PM ] IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 12:34 PM »

I agree fully Madhatter, I believe nadal when he said that he tweaked himself at the very end of the second set, but clearly Andy was the better player for much of it prior. Both played free unrestricted tennis up until then.
And it was not as bad as Djokovic's "injury" at the Cincinnatti final.
Which manifested itself magically after he lost the first set and was staring at a bagel. A few weeks later he won the US Open of course  Whistle
Pity Andy choked in the final however.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »