Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal

(Read 3608 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 12:38 PM »

Also I agree that Andy's tennis was probably his best on that day.
But the reality is now he is a considerably better player than he was back then so I am expecting an even better showing at some point this year.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 01:26 PM »

Hopefully Andy has recovered. He should do well against Rafa, the pressure is off as he is the underdog in this match.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 02:44 PM »

I watched the game last night between Nadal and Jo-will,the first set was horrible for both players Jo will came alive toward the end of the second set and took it away from Nadal.Brad Gilbert said ,Nadal will have to bring more to the game if he plays Murray in the next round.Uncle Tony was looking very worried.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 03:16 PM »

Just read an article in the Telegraph online which states "But it was far from easy as the Scot battled illness in a lengthy match, calling for trainer Jez Green in the second set and complaining he was struggling to keep fluids down"

Have they changed the rules in Miami which means Andy can call his own team on....................  Find that very poor for a national newspaper!!!   Never mind maybe when he plays Rafa he can invite MR L. down for a bit of company !!!!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Why I do believe he has..

I still believe that Rafa was fine that prior to that match, tweaked something during it and chose to retire rather than get destroyed in straight sets. Was a great shame because that was possibly the best I'd ever seen Andy play that day. Serving was immense.

Murray's reaction at 5:02 to the net court is priceless.
You're dead right... The writing was on the wall there! I had forgotten that match. Can it be repeated tomorrow?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Tsonga obviously wasn't happy yesterday - says the umpire won't over-rule against Nadal. Also that it took a while to get used to the court which he hadn't played on before.

Q.  At the end of the match when you were talking to the chair umpire, you were like complaining or something?
 JO WILFRIED TSONGA:  Yeah, I was complaining because all the match, you know, I've got to    I have to challenge, and I was right, you know, many, many times.
 So never take    how you say?  (Through translation.)   He never take, you know, initiative when it's against Rafa, you know.
 And you know now it's all the time like this.  All the time.
 So, you know, I have to be, you know, really focused, you know, on the ball, because if the ball is out, it would never    if it's really close, he would never say out against Rafa.  Always to say against me.  If Rafa don't like him anymore, I mean, he would not be in the chair many times on final and semifinal.
 So it will not, you know    yeah.  That's it.
 So sometimes, I mean, it's not fair.  Because I have to take decision, you know, all the time.  And he never take decision.  He just say the score.  That's why, you know, sometimes I'm upset about it.

Q.  So you think you have double work on the court?
 JO WILFRIED TSONGA:  Yeah.  It's like a double work.  I have to watch the ball and the line and everything, and I have to play.
 I mean, then, you know, it come in your head and you focus on it and you don't have to.  Then, you know, I lose my concentration, you know, sometimes because of that, because, I mean    you know, there is sometimes, you know, many reasons, you know.
 He played like three times on the court.  I played    I didn't play on the court.  I played    I mean, it's like this.

More at http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Jo-Wilfried-Tsonga-28-March.aspx

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 04:32 PM »

Hmm, interesting interview. I've noticed how poor the line judges are and how they favour American players- oh quel surprise Whistle

Andy hasn't had a night match either, has he?
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Hmm, interesting interview. I've noticed how poor the line judges are and how they favour American players- oh quel surprise Whistle

He's still a "supporting star", commercially speaking it seems. And americans are sometimes more aware of the cost of everything rather than the value. Particularly in business. But if he wins an "oscar" or 2 in the form of a slam. That might start to change.
But the worst exploiter of his position with all the favouritism has at least been dismissed from this particular tournament.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 04:39 PM »

No, not since Indian Wells....
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 04:40 PM »

Surely he can't make the same mistake re preparation again as it certainly affected him in Dubai as well. I'm sure it won't be an issue. Hopefully   Whistle
[ Last edit by theycanbillme March 29, 2012, 04:45 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 04:45 PM »

No but if he plays first SF tomorrow it won't be an issue as that is 8pm our time and if he wins, the final on Sunday is 6pm our time ie one SF and the F are both played during the day in Miami. 
It's unusual for a player to speak out about the kind of favouritism shown to the v top players.  As I don't think JW is a winger, good for him I say.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 05:39 PM »

well if Andy goes into Tokyo mode... then there's only gonna be one winner Very Happy    cmonandy 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43 PM »

No but if he plays first SF tomorrow it won't be an issue as that is 8pm our time and if he wins, the final on Sunday is 6pm our time ie one SF and the F are both played during the day in Miami. 
It's unusual for a player to speak out about the kind of favouritism shown to the v top players.  As I don't think JW is a winger, good for him I say.
Yes, you're right Ruthie......I like Jo too and good for him! I think for an umpire to show favouritism is a disgrace! It makes a mockery of the position! I hope Andy gets a different umpire tomorrow!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Hope he gets Mohammed Lahyani, if he is there! Who was the Umpire for the Tsonga v Nadal Match?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 08:59 PM »

They've just shown a highly edited version of the Andy-Rafa match at MC last year while filling time on Sky. Had forgotten just how brilliant Andy was for much of that match.  Hope we get another like it tomorrow but with the right result this time.  I'm still sure Andy would have won had his painkillers not worn off on his elbow.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »