Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal

(Read 3929 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #120 on: March 30, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Considering the way this tournament has gone I wouldn't be surprised to see Djokovic tweak something later a set up, scrape through the second set then withdraw before the final.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #121 on: March 30, 2012, 07:51 PM »

I just did a little exercise. I looked at all the matches the Big Four have played against each other to see who has the best record.

Wins/matches          Winning %

Nadal 53/76               69.73%
Djokovic 31/66           46.96%
Federer  31/67           46.28%
Murray 18/45             40.00%

Well, that says it all doesn't it? Could feel pessimistic now for the rest of the evening,, but I'll put that to one side and believe that the tide can turn tonight!

I hope Andy changes the stats in a little while.

cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #122 on: March 30, 2012, 07:58 PM »

I am destined never to watch a match of this tournie!  Final is on Sunday, which is my Monday, meaning me back at work and no, not a chance of a day off, as it's start of a new month (and short week) and hectic times for me fainting
Aw Bev - and you one of his loyalist fans ... hug

Do we actually know how well Andy is playing?
Due to the walkovers and the upset stomachs we have have only seen glimmers of brilliance from him. He could play the tennis of his life on Sunday or be a damp squib.
its funny his most difficult draw turned out to be fortuitous, but if he beats the world number 1 he will have earned the title.
Unfortunately this would have been a good match to find that out.  Also he's had this sort of "luck" before yet come unstuck at the last hurdle.

Considering the way this tournament has gone I wouldn't be surprised to see Djokovic tweak something later a set up, scrape through the second set then withdraw before the final.
I think Andy must be seriously wondering what the heck is going on ... It's all just so bizarre.

IP Logged
Psmannie

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Oh no, really looking forward to it. shocking
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Just announced Nadal withdraws because of a knee injury. So Andy is through to the final on Sunday
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 08:04 PM »

I am seeing on the schedule that Andy has a walkover, Nadal is out. Anyone know anything about this?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 08:07 PM »

I was waiting for the start of the semi-finals when the announcement was made Apollo. So Andy through to the final. I was looking forward to a good game. Will watch Nole tonight hope it is a good match.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10 PM »

I was waiting for the start of the semi-finals when the announcement was made Apollo. So Andy through to the final. I was looking forward to a good game. Will watch Nole tonight hope it is a good match.
Wow unbelievable! Here I was ready steady go, so to speak!

Withdrew so late as well. Must check this out, are any of the comms talking about it in TV channels?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #128 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10 PM »

I am seeing on the schedule that Andy has a walkover, Nadal is out. Anyone know anything about this?

yes  See here

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/latest-news/murray-through-after-nadal-withdraws/msg716662/#msg716662
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #129 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11 PM »

Wow unbelievable! Here I was ready steady go, so to speak!

Withdrew so late as well. Must check this out, are any of the comms talking about it in TV channels?

I found out at least an hour ago when I logged on MW.  See here

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/latest-news/murray-through-after-nadal-withdraws/msg716662/#msg716662
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #130 on: March 30, 2012, 08:12 PM »

First I knew about the possibility of a withdrawal was yesterday when a member in the US said she'd just heard on the Tennis Channel that Nadal had failed to turn up for practice yesterday - something which is apparently very much out of character.  Also he'd complained of knee pain during his match with Nikishori and said later he'd had it all tournament.  Now he's quoted as saying that his knee wouldn't allow him to play Andy.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #131 on: March 30, 2012, 08:13 PM »

From the ATP site. It doesnt say what time it was posted.

"World No. 2 Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the Sony Ericsson Open prior to his semi-final clash with 2009 Miami champion Andy Murray. The Spaniard cited a left knee injury on Friday in a press conference.

“I waited until today in the morning. I did a lot of treatment yesterday,” said Nadal. “But I am not ready to compete today. I am very sorry for the fans. I'm very sorry for the tournament. I'm very sorry for everybody who was ready to watch the match on television… I cannot go on court and lie to everybody.”
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #132 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Aw Bev - and you one of his loyalist fans ... hug

My only consolation is that it will be on tv, so that I can record.  No, wait a minute!  Scheduled to start at 5 am, so I can get up early and watch before I go to work!  Thank gawd the clocks go back Sunday, so I gain an hour there!  yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #133 on: March 30, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Ah that sucks, sorry for you Bev. A win on Sunday would make up for it though I expect!

Really need to check schedules better - 5am start for me, so providing I'm up at the crack of dawn, I should be good to watch until about 7.30 am yay
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami SF: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #134 on: March 30, 2012, 08:22 PM »

Oh b****r! Oh well.......back to Corry Street!
[ Last edit by Caz March 30, 2012, 08:27 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »