Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 6 (26.1%)
Murray in 3 - 14 (60.9%)
Berdych in 2 - 0 (0%)
Berdych in 3 - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych

(Read 6483 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #585 on: April 21, 2012, 01:57 PM »

To true BBH I must admit that I agree with you. I to wish that they would get off his case.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #586 on: April 21, 2012, 02:02 PM »

A very bad tempered Djoko , understandable !!!! Yer right.
In fairness to Djoko, he does have mitigating circumstances - but he's been bad tempered in the past and smashed racquets with nothing said  ...

To true BBH I must admit that I agree with you. I to wish that they would get off his case.
I think a lot of us wish that, but I'm afraid pigs might fly.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #587 on: April 21, 2012, 02:15 PM »

2nd set Djoko 6-3.

TB just served his 6th DF.  Now what were we saying about Andy's serve?
[ Last edit by Aileen April 21, 2012, 02:20 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #588 on: April 21, 2012, 02:16 PM »

So, it is safe to come back yet? Had to sign off MW yesterday with all the toothless Murray rubbish.

Just got back and joined this match to see how Djoko does against the oh so beatable Berdych, and where he stands, and if he gets cross, so good to see some of the posts here.

I see Berdych is on 47% 1st serves in, but has 50% of the points. Comms saying it's difficult tennis to watch.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #589 on: April 21, 2012, 02:25 PM »

So, it is safe to come back yet? Had to sign off MW yesterday with all the toothless Murray rubbish.

Just got back and joined this match to see how Djoko does against the oh so beatable Berdych, and where he stands, and if he gets cross, so good to see some of the posts here.

I see Berdych is on 47% 1st serves in, but has 50% of the points. Comms saying it's difficult tennis to watch.

Welcome back Elena!  I went out straight after the match.  I'm not interested in all the post-match drivel that goes on when Andy loses - like he was the only player who ever did! Rolling Eyes

I don't it's the tennis that's the problem so much as the strong gusting wind - and Andy would not have been happy with that either!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #590 on: April 21, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Lol Nole screaming like Andy..Wink
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #591 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33 PM »

Thanks Aileen. I may do the same next time!

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #592 on: April 21, 2012, 02:34 PM »

No, Andy would've hated these conditions. They are truly horrible. Really stupid to build a clay court next to the sea. It's always windy!
 shocking
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #593 on: April 21, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Hi BBH glad to see we are at last getting rid of all the drivel. Yes even Nole is having a tough time against Berdych and the wind blowing the dust off the court. Just hope from now on during the clay season that the courts are well prepared.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #594 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43 PM »

In fairness to Djoko, he does have mitigating circumstances - but he's been bad tempered in the past and smashed racquets with nothing said  ...
I think a lot of us wish that, but I'm afraid pigs might fly.
I no Aileen but I have seen Djoko smash rackets before and rant and no one says a word, I no its sad about his Grandfather .
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #595 on: April 21, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Thanks Aileen. I may do the same next time!

Seriously Elena - I've been a member for just over two years and used to get sucked into it all until I realised just how horribly negative it was and it only made my feelings of disappointment worse.  That's why I now prefer to shut down the computer and get out, especially if the weather's fine.  Clears the mind and gets it all into perspective.

I no Aileen but I have seen Djoko smash rackets before and rant and no one says a word, I no its sad about his Grandfather .
That's what I just said. Smile  Remember during last year's USO final he stood there and just ground his racquet into the court until it was a mangled wreck - not to mention possible damage to the court surface - yet the umpire chose to ignore it?  Disgraceful.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 21, 2012, 02:58 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #596 on: April 21, 2012, 02:56 PM »

Remember during last year's USO final he stood there and just ground his racquet into the court until it was a mangled wreck - not to mention possible damage to the court surface - yet the umpire chose to ignore it?  Disgraceful.

What? But he still won. I thought emotions had to be in check if you're going to win.
Also you can't win if you're so far behind the baseline that you're nearly in the stands - so I don't think anybody will win this match!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #597 on: April 21, 2012, 03:01 PM »

What? But he still won. I thought emotions had to be in check if you're going to win.
Also you can't win if you're so far behind the baseline that you're nearly in the stands - so I don't think anybody will win this match!
That's what Andy's critics would have us believe.  Mind you, SmugFed was fined for swearing during the 2009 USO, and he lost!

I think my 6ft behind was a slight exaggeration, although it looked not far off it at times.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #598 on: April 21, 2012, 03:03 PM »

And there we go.  Djoko through to final.  Unless a miracle happens, it's going to be yet another Djoko/Nadal event.  Hope Djoko wins.  Going to be really emotional if he does because he wants the win in honour of his granddad.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #599 on: April 21, 2012, 03:10 PM »

I think my 6ft behind was a slight exaggeration,

Yeah, you wouldn't get jeans to fit. Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »