Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 6 (26.1%)
Murray in 3 - 14 (60.9%)
Berdych in 2 - 0 (0%)
Berdych in 3 - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych

(Read 6003 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Good post Murray Magic, and quite right too. I see you are from Aberdeen too...hello! Anyone know when the next match is likely to be?
Tomorrow. OOP yet to be released.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Yes, I agree. Andy must come out firing from the start. Berdych has not been playing too well this year. The Japanese won first set. Andy must win the first and get on and win the next. His serve is the key and fitness is the next.

He is smug and that is what the public do not like.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 06:30 PM »

Just hope it's not another early morning match Fingers crossed
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Don't like Berdych's game or the way he comes across. Hopefully he will freeze in front of Lendl.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Just hope it's not another early morning match Fingers crossed
Andy has a 10.30am start again tomorrow, how bl..dy unfair. Hopefully it will be warmer and this will speed up the court. I feel that Andy will be alright tomorrow and will beat Berdych as I don't like anything about him.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Yes, I agree Andy now knows what an earlier start means so he has to get on with it. He wuill win
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 07:20 PM »

I suppose it had to be really - with all the rain delays today Andy and Berdych were the only quarter finalists to finish early.   C'mon Andy - you can do this!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 07:31 PM »

I really don't like Berdych and never have - he is dangerous too as Andy has discovered before on  an off day - let's hope tomorrow isn't one of them. Hope he plays like he did on Tuesday
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Berdych loves heavy, slow conditions and it's bound to be slow at 10.30am, especially with all the rain they've been having. Today Andy was struggling to hit through the court, so many of his shots were landing inside the service box. He's going to have to play a lot better to win.

On the plus side, Berdych himself tends to have a low first serve percentage so Andy will have chances in his return games. And he's not been playing that well lately. But whatever happens, it'll be a good test tomorrow of Andy's clay game. Playing someone like Berdych again will be a good measure of how much Andy has improved since their last meeting on clay.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Was afraid he'd be on 1st again but I guess it had to be if others delayed. Let's hope sun shines early tomorrow. Can't stand berdych and so hope andy can put him in his place.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Weather forecast for tomorrow is 63 degrees which is 5 warmer than today and full sun so should be better
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 09:26 PM »

Hope Andy will come out all guns blazing tomorrow, and take the smirk of Birdbitch! Can't stand the guy either, never have, think on the tour he is billy no mates!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Katie
Yes I agree. I remember when Berdych beat Andy in the French Open 2 years ago the conditions were cold and heavy. But Andy is a much improved clay courter since then. He'll have to get much better length on his ground strokes though. I can't believe how short he was leaving some of these shots today. I could have hit winners off some of them.

It was like night and day comparing with his match versus Troiki. His serve went awol today and his drop-shot vanished completely. Andy will have to shape up tomorrow against the Big Bird.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Katie
Yes I agree. I remember when Berdych beat Andy in the French Open 2 years ago the conditions were cold and heavy. But Andy is a much improved clay courter since then. He'll have to get much better length on his ground strokes though. I can't believe how short he was leaving some of these shots today. I could have hit winners off some of them.

It was like night and day comparing with his match versus Troiki. His serve went awol today and his drop-shot vanished completely. Andy will have to shape up tomorrow against the Big Bird.

Yes Andy's clay tennis is much improved since then, it'll be interesting to see how the match-up goes this time round. It's good that he has a test like Berdych early on in the clay season. The shortness of Andy's shots did surprise me today - Simon who's got a similar style to Andy had excellent length. Perhaps it all relates to how Andy's serving on the day? His second serve never allows him to dictate points.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 10:01 PM »

Yes first serve percentage is the key
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »