Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 6 (26.1%)
Murray in 3 - 14 (60.9%)
Berdych in 2 - 0 (0%)
Berdych in 3 - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] Go Down Reply
Author

Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych

(Read 6540 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #630 on: April 23, 2012, 02:41 PM »

I agree, but you don't think what exactly?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #631 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47 PM »

I agree, but you don't think what exactly?

That he is not good enough. lol. Anyway, I think he's plenty good. He just doesn't know how to control his nerves in big matches. He has too much respect for those three (should have the same mentality as Soderling and Berdych though they too can be mental midgets in the finals) and doesn't know how to execute his game properly in the final match. I can tell this, if any one of these things clicks, everything else will click.  It doesn’t matter who thinks what of you but it matters what you think of yourself and what you can do. 
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #632 on: April 23, 2012, 03:21 PM »

Yes the clicking into place or the breakthrough is when everything will make sense to him.
This is why I think if he does improve his mindset then he will not be a one slam wonder but rather the floodgates will open. If he gets over his big stage performance anxiety and lets his game flow and we finally see the real Andy Murray come out of his shell when it really matters then tennis might be worth watching for a while longer.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme April 23, 2012, 03:27 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Monte Carlo QF : Murray v Berdych « Reply #633 on: April 23, 2012, 03:46 PM »

I take it as a process. I don't think he was meant to take the world by storm but the expectation is as such as you know, many Brits tend to think he's the best since Perry and that he would just sweep everyone's feet away and it hasn’t happened yet, so obviously the frustration is only growing. This one has a lot of issues and by that, I don’t only mean Andy but what surrounds him both on and off court and they all need to resolve one by one and until that happens, nothing will happen. And you never know if one is good enough until they prove to you that they are so obviously it’s up to Andy and not us, but it's certainly easy for us to judge him.

Andy will have to be extremely single minded in order to overcome all those obstacles that’s been in his way for years. It’s not an easy task by any means and if anything one can do is support him and not write him off. See this is where all the glory hunters lie. People just love successful people and nothing wrong with that but frankly, Andy’s 1 Slam, that is, if he wins one will equal both Rafa and Rogers 6 slams – for me anyway.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »