Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Roger-Vasselin in 2
Roger-Vasselin in 3

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin

(Read 8017 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #300 on: April 17, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Wawrinka up next.  Last time they met on clay was Rome 2008 where Wawa won 6-2, 7-6.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #301 on: April 17, 2013, 05:10 PM »

I've never seen one that's why I didn't know. Good to know.

So Andy kept things simple today and that's always a sweet thing. Wawrinka next.
Apparently it wasn't just for time-wasting.   Gulbis was into all sorts of trouble - smashing racket, hitting ball into the crowd, etc.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #302 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13 PM »

8 aces  cmon yeah   Well done, Andy!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #303 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13 PM »

This is also from the ATP website.  It's a list of the current top ten, and the number of Clay Court tournaments they have each won.  Nadal, of course, is a phenomenom.  But it shows how underperforming Andy has been on the surface.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't even recall him making a final.

Time for all that to change, surely?

Player Titles
1. Novak Djokovic. 7
2. Andy Murray 0
3. Roger Federer 10
4. David Ferrer 10
5. Rafael Nadal 38
6. Tomas Berdych 2
7. Juan Martin del Potro 4
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 0
9. Richard Gasquet 2
10. Janko Tipsarevic 1
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #304 on: April 17, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Definitely time for a change, but we have a better Andy now so let's see if he can get on the board.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #305 on: April 17, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Wawrinka up next.  Last time they met on clay was Rome 2008 where Wawa won 6-2, 7-6.
Yes - no doubt a hard match as Stan plays excellent tennis at times but that was four years ago so lets hope Andy's clay game has really improved enough to beat him this time. Monaco beat Gulbis and from the looks of it he deserved those penalties although I've never seen a game penalty. Comms said they didn't think there had been one since Macenroe.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #306 on: April 17, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Great performance from Andy today. He made a good point about the time violations - it is always the server that gets them, and it seems unfair that the server should get them if they're just waiting for the returner to be ready. It seems to me that umpires are just making a point of handing out time violations every match - it's not as if Andy's a particularly slow player anyway.

I'm pleased that Andy's playing Stan tomorrow - it'll be a very good test of where his clay game is right now.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #307 on: April 17, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Will miss the match tomorrow. Have to go out and will not be home until 6 30pm.
SO GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS ANDY.
Fingers crossed for a win. Will be thinking about you that's for sure.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #308 on: April 17, 2013, 05:29 PM »

5 years ago. Such a long time. Andy much better player now.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #309 on: April 17, 2013, 05:32 PM »

Andy played very well today and had a good game. I got upset about the second time warning he did not deserve it. As he said the referee should be watching the receiver as well as the server. Andy was quite correct to complain to the referee. It takes two to play tennis not just one. That should be remembered.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #310 on: April 17, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Looking on form Andy!! Luv ya  wub
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #311 on: April 17, 2013, 05:36 PM »

What time tomorrow anyone?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #312 on: April 17, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Great performance from Andy today. He made a good point about the time violations - it is always the server that gets them, and it seems unfair that the server should get them if they're just waiting for the returner to be ready. It seems to me that umpires are just making a point of handing out time violations every match - it's not as if Andy's a particularly slow player anyway.

I'm pleased that Andy's playing Stan tomorrow - it'll be a very good test of where his clay game is right now.
He'll need to win in order to keep his No.2 ranking.

I was annoyed at Andy getting a violation as well when it wasn't his fault, and the comms weren't too impressed either.  Unlike Nadal and Djokovic Andy has never been guilty of time-wasting.  Surely there should be a little leeway anyway, particularly, as the comms said, if a player is distracted by a noise or movement in the crowd.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #313 on: April 17, 2013, 05:39 PM »

What time tomorrow anyone?
OOP not up yet, but it should be soon.  Meanwhile I'm waiting for Gangsta to open the match thread ... Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #314 on: April 17, 2013, 05:41 PM »

OOP not up yet, but it should be soon.  Meanwhile I'm waiting for Gangsta to open the match thread ... Whistle

Christ didn't he do it seconds after it finished  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »