Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Roger-Vasselin in 2
Roger-Vasselin in 3

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin  (Read 5141 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #315 on: April 17, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Christ didn't he do it seconds after it finished  Whistle
Nope.  No sign of it.  He's seriously failing in his duties. lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #316 on: April 17, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Lazy swine  w00t Aileen can you let me know when you know time of match please x
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #317 on: April 17, 2013, 05:46 PM »

Well I'm not going where I'm not wanted. ignore

Yes I'll let you know the time, but it'll definitely not be any later than today's match.

Meantime I've sent Gangsta a jokey reprimanding PM.  Hee-hee!
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #318 on: April 17, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Now that was a pleasure to watch and no slow start involved!!!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #319 on: April 17, 2013, 05:53 PM »

Aileen is on match thread duty this tournament.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #320 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Andy played very,very well today. It was a great start. I loved it. He looked confident, comfortable, he moved well, and he got over Fergus being a jobsworth pretty quickly. I was amused, for once, when Petch apologised for Andy's language. I actually thought Andy was restrained, and I had a feeling Petch thought the same. That second warning was stupid beyond words and I think anyone with a brain knew it.

The time violation thing is getting on my nerves now. That second one Andy got today was just wrong. What on earth did Fergus think Andy was supposed to do while ERV was faffing about with his strings, serve an ace anyway? Maybe next time Andy should, play is supposed to proceed at the servers pace after all. Either way, the time thing is taking over now. I really do think something is going to have to be done about it before long, whether it is having a clock on the court (the umpires would have to warn the crowds not to get into any stupid count downs) or increasing the time allowed a bit, say to 30 seconds, and enforcing that. As things stand it is ridiculous that most umpires are flatly refusing to apply any judgement on the issue. Personally I reserve the right to blame Federer. Everyone knows the enforcement of the rule is his doing. Everyone would think he runs the game. Oh, silly me, he thinks he does.

I really hope Andy does very well this week, although I must say I would be delighted with anything beyond the quarters. It's ages since he played Stan on clay, so hopefully he'll bring the good stuff out again tomorrow. Andy has a tough draw, but I think he'll like the challenge. Today was a fantastic start though, and I hope he continues to do well.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #321 on: April 17, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Comms left us with uplifting thought.....not, Andy has never beaten Stan on clay Rolling Eyes Wish they hadn't, today's was an angst free match.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #322 on: April 17, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Apparently it wasn't just for time-wasting.   Gulbis was into all sorts of trouble - smashing racket, hitting ball into the crowd, etc.

Gulbis threw his rattle out of the pram big time. He smashed a couple of racquets, one against the umpires chair. They showed it on replay on Sky after Andy's match. I think he also either hit a ball into the crowd or kicked it too. I don't think I've ever seen a player get a game penalty before, but Gulbis did.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #323 on: April 17, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Sorry, I edited my post.  Comm said Djokovic got one in his match and showed his displeasure about it.  Andy on the other hand just accepted it and got on with it.

Djokovic did get one, and he wasn't pleased. Mind you, he wasn't having one of his 'Superman' days on court, so that might have contributed to his displeasure. Anyone who thinks Andy can get off to slow starts should take a look at Djokovic today. Still, he did well to turn it around.

I was a wee bit disappointed with Andy's language today. My whispered Anglo Saxon rant was far more imaginative than what Andy said Whistle. He got over it pretty quickly though, although I bet the urge to call Fergus an overbearing jobsworth cretin was in the back of his mind. It was in mine. Andy must just be a better person than me Whistle.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #324 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Andy played very,very well today. It was a great start. I loved it. He looked confident, comfortable, he moved well, and he got over Fergus being a jobsworth pretty quickly. I was amused, for once, when Petch apologised for Andy's language. I actually thought Andy was restrained, and I had a feeling Petch thought the same. That second warning was stupid beyond words and I think anyone with a brain knew it.

The time violation thing is getting on my nerves now. That second one Andy got today was just wrong. What on earth did Fergus think Andy was supposed to do while ERV was faffing about with his strings, serve an ace anyway? Maybe next time Andy should, play is supposed to proceed at the servers pace after all. Either way, the time thing is taking over now. I really do think something is going to have to be done about it before long, whether it is having a clock on the court (the umpires would have to warn the crowds not to get into any stupid count downs) or increasing the time allowed a bit, say to 30 seconds, and enforcing that. As things stand it is ridiculous that most umpires are flatly refusing to apply any judgement on the issue. Personally I reserve the right to blame Federer. Everyone knows the enforcement of the rule is his doing. Everyone would think he runs the game. Oh, silly me, he thinks he does.

I really hope Andy does very well this week, although I must say I would be delighted with anything beyond the quarters. It's ages since he played Stan on clay, so hopefully he'll bring the good stuff out again tomorrow. Andy has a tough draw, but I think he'll like the challenge. Today was a fantastic start though, and I hope he continues to do well.
TJ I hope you are feeling better.  Andy won this match easily for you, let's hope he does the same tomorrow.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #325 on: April 17, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Comms left us with uplifting thought.....not, Andy has never beaten Stan on clay Rolling Eyes Wish they hadn't, today's was an angst free match.
Ah but 3rd time lucky eh bbh.  And I hadn't realised that it's 5 years since they've played on clay so not sure how much we can necessarily read into those old stats. Overall their H2H very much in Andy's favour.  Just trying to look on the bright side of life and  Whistle to keep up spirits in face of v tricky 3rd round match.  Comms were saying on Sky that if Andy does win, it will be his best clay court win in terms of his opponents.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #326 on: April 17, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Well played Andy , I am sure you will beat Stan tomorrow , your a very different player now  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #327 on: April 17, 2013, 06:54 PM »

He'll need to win in order to keep his No.2 ranking.

I was annoyed at Andy getting a violation as well when it wasn't his fault, and the comms weren't too impressed either.  Unlike Nadal and Djokovic Andy has never been guilty of time-wasting.  Surely there should be a little leeway anyway, particularly, as the comms said, if a player is distracted by a noise or movement in the crowd.

That's an added incentive for Andy - win and keep his number 2 ranking. Smile I definitely agree that umpires should give leeway with the enforcement of the time rule. There's a big difference between waiting for the opponent to be ready to receive serve and walking around really slowly at the back of the court, taking ages to towel off etc. before serving.
IP Logged
rob92
Challenger Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #328 on: April 17, 2013, 07:14 PM »

The last time they met was before Andy even reached a slam final and Stan was the more experienced player and I believe top 10 at the time. We shouldn't read too much into. Different match, different circumstances.  Wink
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #329 on: April 17, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Can anyone link me to a video of this match please? Missed the whole thing unfortunately.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »