Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Roger-Vasselin in 2
Roger-Vasselin in 3

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin  (Read 5194 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #330 on: April 17, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Comms left us with uplifting thought.....not, Andy has never beaten Stan on clay Rolling Eyes Wish they hadn't, today's was an angst free match.
I heard that too, but that was 5 years ago in Rome.  Andy has come a long way since then.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #331 on: April 17, 2013, 07:36 PM »

Gulbis threw his rattle out of the pram big time. He smashed a couple of racquets, one against the umpires chair. They showed it on replay on Sky after Andy's match. I think he also either hit a ball into the crowd or kicked it too. I don't think I've ever seen a player get a game penalty before, but Gulbis did.
First one since McEnroe apparently.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #332 on: April 17, 2013, 09:02 PM »

I really enjoyed that, so glad I recorded it. Thought Andy played well, very calm, good movement and some well thought out shot placement - that I definitely recognised from his hardcourt play but worked better on clay (which would show what he said about using the US swing to prepare for the clay to be worthwhile). Very aggressive returning and some great winners.  Very Happy

Serve could still do with a wee bit work - wonder if he practises it less now to protect his back? Think
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #333 on: April 17, 2013, 09:05 PM »

Just got in now-delighted to see he got the win.That's our man! yay

Can't wait to watch! (I've just posted a link the full version in the vidoes thread,for anyone like myself who was unable to watch Smile )
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #334 on: April 17, 2013, 09:11 PM »

TJ I hope you are feeling better.  Andy won this match easily for you, let's hope he does the same tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, To be honest I'm feeling very rough, but if Andy can keep winning for me I'll be fine. Being a bit busy today didn't help me much, but I hope to have a few quiet days (oh the irony!!) of watching Andy continue to play well. Getting the first serve in a wee bit more would be good for Andy, and him continuing to win would be great for me lol.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #335 on: April 17, 2013, 09:48 PM »

Just finished watching MC on sky plus, didnt Andy look impressive? Perfect mix of tennis from him. Rafa looked pretty good but not amazing, and Novak well seemed very rusty, but im sure he'll get better.

Hope Andy keeps this form up for tommorow!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #336 on: April 17, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Didn't need to find it there.
Lol. Yeah no, he didn't need his serve against one of the best returners in the world in the final of a Masters.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #337 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22 PM »

This is also from the ATP website.  It's a list of the current top ten, and the number of Clay Court tournaments they have each won.  Nadal, of course, is a phenomenom.  But it shows how underperforming Andy has been on the surface.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't even recall him making a final.

Time for all that to change, surely?

Player Titles
1. Novak Djokovic. 7
2. Andy Murray 0
3. Roger Federer 10
4. David Ferrer 10
5. Rafael Nadal 38
6. Tomas Berdych 2
7. Juan Martin del Potro 4
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 0
9. Richard Gasquet 2
10. Janko Tipsarevic 1

Of course Murray has never played in a clay tournament without Nadal or Djokovic in it (not since he 'came of age' anyway) whereas ALL of those titles won by players outside of the top 4 were mere 250 and the odd 500 events that none of the top 4 featured in.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #338 on: April 17, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Apparently,when Vasselin was asked about playing Andy,this was his answer:

"​I asked several players to give me some advice, and not a single one was able to give me good advice" Very Happy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #339 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42 PM »

"​I asked several players to give me some advice, and not a single one was able to give me good advice" Very Happy

Lol no answers to the power of our Andy eh dani Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #340 on: April 17, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Lol no answers to the power of our Andy eh dani Smile

That's our man! Very Happy
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #341 on: April 17, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Roger Vasselin about Murray (part2):" They were all saying, Don't make mistakes and play well, as if I didn't know that"

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #342 on: April 18, 2013, 07:16 AM »

Love the comments from Edward Smile
@ TMH was going to ask whom did Tipsy and co beat to get those titles? Am sure Andy could've flown to South America and picked up a couple himself Whistle
IP Logged
Simone

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #343 on: April 18, 2013, 09:15 AM »

Thanks for the kind thoughts, To be honest I'm feeling very rough, but if Andy can keep winning for me I'll be fine. Being a bit busy today didn't help me much, but I hope to have a few quiet days (oh the irony!!) of watching Andy continue to play well. Getting the first serve in a wee bit more would be good for Andy, and him continuing to win would be great for me lol.

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Teejay Frown I really enjoy reading your comments and find them very insightful.  I hope that you are feeling better each day Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MC R2: Andy Murray vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin « Reply #344 on: April 18, 2013, 09:47 AM »

Love the comments from Edward Smile
@ TMH was going to ask whom did Tipsy and co beat to get those titles? Am sure Andy could've flown to South America and picked up a couple himself Whistle
Each player (outside top 4), his titles and the highest ranked player he beat:

Ferrer:

2002 - Bucharest - Acasuso (#56)
2006 - Stuttgart - Berdych (#15)
2007 - Bastad - Volandri (#27)
2008 - Valencia - Robredo (#18)
2010 - Acapulco - Gonzalez (#12)
2011 - Acapulco - Almagro (#13)
2012 - Buenos Aires - Almagro (#11)
2012 - Acapulco - Verdasco (#27)
2012 - Bastad - Almagro (#10)
2013 - Buenos Aires - Wawrinka (#17)