Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki  (Read 4311 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #210 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33 PM »

T'was a beautiful thing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #211 on: April 17, 2012, 12:34 PM »

Well,
I dont know about any of you but i am feeling pretty good about this tournament/season.
Great Stuff!
If this sets the tone for things to come, it would be marvellous.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #212 on: April 17, 2012, 12:34 PM »

Absolutely brilliant - any of you senior tennisheads recall when Andy last had a first set bagel on the tour?  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #213 on: April 17, 2012, 12:35 PM »

I notice Boogers hasn't posted today. Not online or just naff all to complain about? lol
I think even Boogers would be impressed with this. Very Happy
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #214 on: April 17, 2012, 12:35 PM »

Wow! Andy is bang on form, creative and dynamic, unfortunately Troicki is a bit 2D and merely provides a helpful contrast.

Great performance!  clap
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #215 on: April 17, 2012, 12:36 PM »

82% first serve. Amazing. I still stand by that when he's serving well, he moves well (or vice versa) and is so much more confident with his entire game.

No after match coverage then! Straight on to Tsonga. Edit: Ah, talking about the match now.

When he's feeling confident he serves and moves well.
What was intriguing about this performance is that there were not only no early round jitters, but he actually put on something of a masterclass Today, interesting to see how it develops now.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #216 on: April 17, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Absolutely brilliant - any of you senior tennisheads recall when Andy last had a first set bagel on the tour?  cmon yeah
Not sure I count as a senior tennishead (other than in years) but no and especially not his first match for a while when there we all were worrying that he'd do his usual slow start routine.   If he can carry on playing like this the sky really is the limit yay.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #217 on: April 17, 2012, 12:38 PM »

It's a good question actually. Obviously there was the final sets against Nadal and Young but I can't recall the last first set bagel.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #218 on: April 17, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Absolutely brilliant - any of you senior tennisheads recall when Andy last had a first set bagel on the tour?  cmon yeah
Not sure I count as a senior tennishead (other than in years) but no and especially not his first match for a while when there we all were worrying that he'd do his usual slow start routine.   If he can carry on playing like this the sky really is the limit yay.
It's a good question actually. Obviously there was the final sets against Nadal and Young but I can't recall the last first set bagel.
The only one that springs to mind was R1 of the AO 2007 against Spain's Alberto Martin.  Nearly had a triple bagel but his opponent managed to save himself from this fate at 5-0 down in the 3rd set.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 17, 2012, 12:45 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #219 on: April 17, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Have just been tracking it, whilst trying to get my limited exercise done. He finished it before I got started. I will now settle down to watch it. I always enjoy the matches where Murray is in the mood to think all of the points should be his, and sets out brutally to get as many of them as possible.  What happened to the usual putting us all through it in the first match? Perhaps he thought the haircut would cause enough of a trauma to most of his fans, although I quite like it.
IP Logged
dragonlady

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #220 on: April 17, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Brilliant is the right word.
absolutely fantastic.
Roll on the rest of the clay season.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #221 on: April 17, 2012, 12:46 PM »

25/27 1st serve points won
3/6 (6!) 2nd serve points won
1 DF
No break points.
And some great, fun to watch points too. Perfect.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #222 on: April 17, 2012, 12:48 PM »

Right who is next?
Is it Lopez by any chance?
I saw him looking a little forlorn watching in the stands
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #223 on: April 17, 2012, 12:49 PM »

Kohly vs Tsonga. A tennis prospect to make you drool.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #224 on: April 17, 2012, 12:49 PM »

What a brilliant performance! Andy was so creative out there, showcasing the variety he has in his game. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »