Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki

(Read 5042 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #225 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50 PM »

Many thanks Aileen for cheering for me. Just got home was delighted with the score.I'll watch the highlights tonight. Hope the Murray Bros do well this evening.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #226 on: April 17, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Actually re 1st set bagels didn't he do it in DC - I forget whom against.
Next up is Melzer or I think Bennetton.
Nice relaxed interview with Croft.  Said Mr L only arrived today so he's not going to give him credit for the match - laughing of course.  Unfortunately Croft complimented him on his haircut - hope he doesn't get the idea it's as successful as his brilliant tennis today.  Whistle
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #227 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56 PM »

I keep thinking that the FO is where Andy might make his breakthrough, because expectations and pressure are so low. But then I remember he's never beaten a top-tenner on clay.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #228 on: April 17, 2012, 12:59 PM »

I keep thinking that the FO is where Andy might make his breakthrough, because expectations and pressure are so low. But then I remember he's never beaten a top-tenner on clay.

Ahem, serving for the match in Rome against possibly the best Clay Courter of the moment. The semi here last year against Nadal.
He is tantalisingly close . but like always with Andy instead of finally getting there, he just gets...closer....and closer.
Maybe he'll get a couple of breakthroughs at once.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #229 on: April 17, 2012, 01:01 PM »

So happy for Andy glad he played so well. He looked happy and relaxed and did not look under any pressure at all.

Well done Andy onward and upwards cmon yeah cmon yeah hug
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #230 on: April 17, 2012, 01:05 PM »

Re. the bagel question.  Probably the DC doesn't count as "the tour," but I had the (rather short) privilege of seeing him triple bagel that poor hapless Luxembourgian last July...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #231 on: April 17, 2012, 01:16 PM »

Re. the bagel question.  Probably the DC doesn't count as "the tour," but I had the (rather short) privilege of seeing him triple bagel that poor hapless Luxembourgian last July...
Yes, Laurent Bram.  Poor guy - think he's a part-timer.  Andy did come close to one at the 2007 AO but threw the second-last game away in the 3rd to give his opponent a breadstick.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #232 on: April 17, 2012, 01:23 PM »

"From there Murray went into his own version of Maestro mode. For him, that means hitting any shot from anywhere at any time".

Match report by Steve Tignor
http://blogs.tennis.com/racquet_reaction/2012/04/monte-carlo-murray-d-troicki.html

I'm still slightly in shock, was so nervous this morning!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #233 on: April 17, 2012, 01:26 PM »

Well.....the new haircut must've taken a weight off his mind!  Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #234 on: April 17, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Davydenko when he was ranked #9?

Don't remember it myself but we had this conversation a week or two back on another thread and I think Davydenko was mentioned.

Melzer or Benneteau in R3. They're not on the schedule though so will play tomorrow then I guess, giving Andy an extra days rest. Think Andy's next match will be on Thursday with the QFs on Friday.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #235 on: April 17, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Well.....the new haircut must've taken a weight off his mind!  Whistle
PULEEZE don't mention that haircut - it's b***** awful!!!  Looks like a skin-head! Very Happy
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #236 on: April 17, 2012, 01:52 PM »

Thanks Aileen & others for the bagel info. You guys must have a serious databank on our man. Loved the "maestro"  post from Elena too - is Supermurray on his way at last?  thumb up
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #237 on: April 17, 2012, 01:56 PM »

Some things just stick in your mind.  I was watching it and I remember how angry Andy was with himself - smashed his racquet against his hand as I recall - when his opponent took what he hoped would be the last game.  Real shame as he'd have been only the 6th person in the modern era to win a triple in a Slam.
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #238 on: April 17, 2012, 02:02 PM »

flowers
Davydenko when he was ranked #9?

Don't remember it myself but we had this conversation a week or two back on another thread and I think Davydenko was mentioned.

Melzer or Benneteau in R3. They're not on the schedule though so will play tomorrow then I guess, giving Andy an extra days rest. Think Andy's next match will be on Thursday with the QFs on Friday.

Hope this is true.  I am off work on Thursday, as I'm taking my mum to Edinburgh Airport.  Will check the court time and if needs be then I'll have to make up an excuse as to why I am dropping her off super early ( though if she knows that Andy's playing that day, she'll probably guess my motives.)  flowers Sorry mum, in advance.  flowers

IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R2: Murray vs Troicki « Reply #239 on: April 17, 2012, 02:10 PM »

Andy! Fantastic match and result! Keep going, my man at this level for the rest of the tourney and take it with you to RG.

As my office is only 10 minutes from home, I went home to record the match; watched it on my office computer live on Sky and kept up-to-date with ATP live scores.

Tonight as I relax in front of tv, I shall wallow in delight at reliving Andy's fantastic result. The boss (my wife) is out for her Spanish lessons.

PS. Like the pubic hair comment. Aileen, sorry I also like Andy's new haircut - done by a lawnmower.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »