Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau  (Read 3111 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Indeed Katie.   I hope he sees the difference tomorrow and eats his words coated in red dust.
I'll have to leave for London just as it starts - so irritating.   Please cheer him on for me folks.  Will try and keep up via my phone but can be tricky on the train.
And tmh at least it's a nice photo of Andy even if you have insisted on the new hairless look.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Excellent MH clap Now for your next mission, you need to complain to ESPN and tell them that live tennis is better than a couple of sports news programmes - my live coverage doesn't start until an hour after Andy starts his match Rolling Eyes

Good luck Andrew! cmonandy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31 PM »

I don't think the comments will affect him. In his autobiography he mentions that after Federer's comments when Murray beat him in Dubai he just laughed.

Either way, Murray is certainly not the same player he was in 2009. Not often will you see Andy rallying past 30 shots (matches with Djokovic excluded!) but even then there's a lot more variety to his game than just hitting it back in court.

Anyway after those comments I hope Andy trounces him now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31 PM »

Yes but clearly he was far from his best in that final & was relativley untested.
You're probably correct though, It is more to do with his mentality for sure rather than any other kind of issue but either way the result is the same.
The MC 2nd round match to me was completely surprising as I'm sure it was to you although Troicki was not at his best either.
Maybe playing on clay has lost some of its difficulty to him, maybe this year he'll come of age on it. Certainly he played with a level of determination I've never seen before at this stage.
He's a hard one to figure out sometimes.
One other possibilty is that he has finally managed to absorb his most recent training regime and that has now started to augment his game, rather than destablise it.
Now that would be promising if it were the case.

But once you figure out how his mind works (albeit difficult thing to do), you will be able to figure him out as well, though I'd say, there are other possibilities involved; for example, strategic plans, uncertainties etc. We are not sure what Andy's true plans are or what didn't go as planned etc., so obviously we always somewhat remain in the dark or feel the need to speculate things. I think a couple of more matches will tell the story. Both Nadal and Nole are also through in the meantime.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Interesting comments from Benneteau (via @enricomariariva).  Think

If I were Andy, I'd be just a little more fired up in tomorrow's match after reading these comments!

It’s possible Benneteau is simply being honest. In any case, Andy should keep his cool and stay focused and play his tennis and that alone should be enough. And if he’s being baited then it’s best not to acknowledge it. Why fall for such drivel if that’ what it is? I can tell you one thing though; Benneteau is very much looking forward to this match or at least hoping to give Andy some tight time. In other words, he wants to impress Lendl.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52 PM »

Personally Ive never liked Benneteau , I hope Andy gives him a beat down now
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Besides, a true champion never focuses on who said what but rather what needs to be done.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 09:08 PM »

Looking forward to Andy meeting Berdych in the next round.
[ Last edit by robbie April 18, 2012, 09:22 PM ] IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 09:23 PM »

Personally Ive never liked Benneteau , I hope Andy gives him a beat down now
Me too !!! Andy will beat him no worries.  cmonandy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Oh gawd.. 4:30am alarm set for me then..
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34 PM »

cant see me getting up at that god awful hour scot , maybe for the final Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 10:38 PM »

Hey ljs.. long time no speak!  Did you catch the Milos match?.. (I didn't.)
The tournie is on SN1.. but not 'live' so I've been taping it and catching up.
I'm only able to watch Andy's match because I'm not working at the mo'.
Here's hoping we see Andy in Toronto this year! hug
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 10:44 PM »

Wow you played great yesterday Andy !  Hope you come out tomorrow ready to win with great serves and even greater returns. Good luck Andy, may the force be with you!!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Doubt Murray will hear of those comments unless a journo puts them to him.

Will watch this definitely, nice break from studying. Smile
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Hey ljs.. long time no speak!  Did you catch the Milos match?.. (I didn't.)
The tournie is on SN1.. but not 'live' so I've been taping it and catching up.
I'm only able to watch Andy's match because I'm not working at the mo'.
Here's hoping we see Andy in Toronto this year! hug

I dont have SN1 , just the regular one  Frown

I was wondering about Toronto 2day , when are the olympics ? and how will that match up with Rogers Cup ? 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »