Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau

(Read 3988 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #210 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16 AM »

The French don't surrender easily.

naughty
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #211 on: April 19, 2012, 11:17 AM »

I have that match now, with commentary.
Me too.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #212 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19 AM »

Sad about the injury, that is the second nasty one on these courts, which perhaps needs looking at by the organisers. Or is this sort of player attrition normal for clay courts? Can somebody who knows about tennis explain for me please. I have enough trouble walking on any form of slippery surface, much less running whilst wielding a tennis racket. Murray was ahead on the overall number of points, and I think he was working his way into the match.  I think/ hope he would have taken it, if it had run its full course. He has got the doubles later for more "practice".
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #213 on: April 19, 2012, 11:20 AM »

I love watching Nishikori. He's so aggressive and hits it so.. smooth.

It's strange that when pundits talk of the future they talk about Tomic, Raonic and even Dolgopolov (who's the same age as JMDP and Cilic) yet somehow exclude this guy. Personally I think he's got the best game to really trouble the top guys.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #214 on: April 19, 2012, 11:22 AM »

Isn't Andy back on court in about an hour for his doubles match. Maybe he can sharpen up on a few things there.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #215 on: April 19, 2012, 11:32 AM »

Sad about the injury, that is the second nasty one on these courts, which perhaps needs looking at by the organisers. Or is this sort of player attrition normal for clay courts? Can somebody who knows about tennis explain for me please. I have enough trouble walking on any form of slippery surface, much less running whilst wielding a tennis racket. Murray was ahead on the overall number of points, and I think he was working his way into the match.  I think/ hope he would have taken it, if it had run its full course. He has got the doubles later for more "practice".
I never liked running on the red stuff but players do learn how to slide into shots.  I think the problem here seemed to be, as Andy pointed out to the umpire, that there are holes on the court - which is pretty disgraceful.  I understand Benneteau isn't the only player who's fallen here. I'm very glad Andy is playing doubles soon.  He needs something to take his mind off this incident because he was clearly upset by it, lovely caring person that he is.

I love watching Nishikori. He's so aggressive and hits it so.. smooth.

It's strange that when pundits talk of the future they talk about Tomic, Raonic and even Dolgopolov (who's the same age as JMDP and Cilic) yet somehow exclude this guy. Personally I think he's got the best game to really trouble the top guys.
I agree.  Nishikori is a pleasure to watch.  Top 20 beckons soon I'm sure.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #216 on: April 19, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Who's up for the match report today then? search
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #217 on: April 19, 2012, 11:34 AM »

4-4.  Cmon Nishi!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #218 on: April 19, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Who's up for the match report today then? search
Maybe they've forgotten ... Rolling Eyes  Or maybe they don't do matches like this? Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #219 on: April 19, 2012, 11:35 AM »

I agree.  Nishikori is a pleasure to watch.  Top 20 beckons soon I'm sure.

No.17 they say he is already. search
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #220 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37 AM »

Yep, definitely 17th ranked player.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #221 on: April 19, 2012, 11:38 AM »

BP for Nishi ...
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #222 on: April 19, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Brad Gilbert said that Kei's only got 200 points to defend until the USO so he's got a great chance of breaking the top 10 soon. He's great to watch, really talented.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #223 on: April 19, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Oh he fluffed it!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #224 on: April 19, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Nooo. Nishikori so so close to breaking.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »