Andy Murray vs Ivo Karlovic, Monday, Estimated time - 3:15pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Reply

Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau

The French don't surrender easily.

naughty
IP Logged

I have that match now, with commentary.
Me too.
IP Logged

Sad about the injury, that is the second nasty one on these courts, which perhaps needs looking at by the organisers. Or is this sort of player attrition normal for clay courts? Can somebody who knows about tennis explain for me please. I have enough trouble walking on any form of slippery surface, much less running whilst wielding a tennis racket. Murray was ahead on the overall number of points, and I think he was working his way into the match.  I think/ hope he would have taken it, if it had run its full course. He has got the doubles later for more "practice".
IP Logged

I love watching Nishikori. He's so aggressive and hits it so.. smooth.

It's strange that when pundits talk of the future they talk about Tomic, Raonic and even Dolgopolov (who's the same age as JMDP and Cilic) yet somehow exclude this guy. Personally I think he's got the best game to really trouble the top guys.
IP Logged

Isn't Andy back on court in about an hour for his doubles match. Maybe he can sharpen up on a few things there.
IP Logged

Sad about the injury, that is the second nasty one on these courts, which perhaps needs looking at by the organisers. Or is this sort of player attrition normal for clay courts? Can somebody who knows about tennis explain for me please. I have enough trouble walking on any form of slippery surface, much less running whilst wielding a tennis racket. Murray was ahead on the overall number of points, and I think he was working his way into the match.  I think/ hope he would have taken it, if it had run its full course. He has got the doubles later for more "practice".
I never liked running on the red stuff but players do learn how to slide into shots.  I think the problem here seemed to be, as Andy pointed out to the umpire, that there are holes on the court - which is pretty disgraceful.  I understand Benneteau isn't the only player who's fallen here. I'm very glad Andy is playing doubles soon.  He needs something to take his mind off this incident because he was clearly upset by it, lovely caring person that he is.

I love watching Nishikori. He's so aggressive and hits it so.. smooth.

It's strange that when pundits talk of the future they talk about Tomic, Raonic and even Dolgopolov (who's the same age as JMDP and Cilic) yet somehow exclude this guy. Personally I think he's got the best game to really trouble the top guys.
I agree.  Nishikori is a pleasure to watch.  Top 20 beckons soon I'm sure.
IP Logged

Who's up for the match report today then? search
IP Logged

4-4.  Cmon Nishi!!
IP Logged

Who's up for the match report today then? search
Maybe they've forgotten ... Rolling Eyes  Or maybe they don't do matches like this? Think
IP Logged

I agree.  Nishikori is a pleasure to watch.  Top 20 beckons soon I'm sure.

No.17 they say he is already. search
IP Logged

Yep, definitely 17th ranked player.
IP Logged

BP for Nishi ...
IP Logged

Brad Gilbert said that Kei's only got 200 points to defend until the USO so he's got a great chance of breaking the top 10 soon. He's great to watch, really talented.
IP Logged

Oh he fluffed it!
IP Logged

Nooo. Nishikori so so close to breaking.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Reply