Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau

(Read 4734 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #240 on: April 19, 2012, 11:55 AM »

And off Benneteau goes.  Andy is so caring.

This whole match had a horrible feel about it.
. Yes bless him, glad Andys into the quarters. Mr Bird next then!!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #241 on: April 19, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Very Happy

I tend to leave it to the evening and see if anyone else is going to start one. I guess the European season is my time to shine.  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #242 on: April 19, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Get on to it now young man. Things to discuss. Insults to trade whip
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #243 on: April 19, 2012, 12:06 PM »

Nishikori blew that. Had a huge opportunity to break at 4-4 in the third but ballooned an inside-out FH.

Has under 200 points to defend before the USO. Expect to see him in the top ten soon.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #244 on: April 19, 2012, 12:10 PM »

I don't think anyone does!

When Berdych sat down at 5-4, he changed his racket for the new balls. He pulled the plastic wrapping 75% off himself, then spent about 20 seconds trying to attract the attention of a ballboy (whose back was turned and who was over 30 yards away) to pull the remaining six inches of wrapping off the end of his racket.

It's the little things...
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #245 on: April 19, 2012, 12:49 PM »

When Berdych sat down at 5-4, he changed his racket for the new balls. He pulled the plastic wrapping 75% off himself, then spent about 20 seconds trying to attract the attention of a ballboy (whose back was turned and who was over 30 yards away) to pull the remaining six inches of wrapping off the end of his racket.

It's the little things...
Where is that confounded ballboy when you need him.  Evil or Very Mad
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #246 on: April 19, 2012, 01:09 PM »

That was sad for Benneteau, hate to see that happen.  All right Andy though, who did all the right stuff, including calling for necessary med attention for his finger.
IP Logged
Muzzamad

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #247 on: April 19, 2012, 02:05 PM »

Benneteau has just retweeted a compliment about the way he was playing today and that he showed courage. I was feeling bad for the guy. Now, not so much. Why do people retweet compliments, it makes them look like such bigheads? I can't see Andy ever doing something like that.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #248 on: April 19, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Match report from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9213719/Andy-Murray-through-to-Monte-Carlo-Masters-quarter-finals-after-Julien-Benneteau-retires-with-ankle-injury.html
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #249 on: April 19, 2012, 04:58 PM »

Why do people retweet compliments, it makes them look like such bigheads?

Neil Harman does it all the time. And he's a bible-basher.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #250 on: April 19, 2012, 05:12 PM »

True to type then!
IP Logged
Muzzamad

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #251 on: April 19, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Yes, that is one of Neil Harman's weaknesses. Anyway, broken elbow for Benneteau...ouchie!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #252 on: April 19, 2012, 07:02 PM »

I think Neil Harman is a very nice person and I'm proud that he isn't afraid to let people know that he is a Christian. He unlike the above individuals does not make snide remarks about other people's beliefs or none. Perhaps you could follow his example.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #253 on: April 19, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Apologies Michelle - no offence meant! I have no problem with anybody's beliefs but I really don't like 'bible-bashers' - I don't think they do religion any service.  However, I have no reason to believe that Neil Harman actually bashes his bible so I should have reserved my judgement!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Monte Carlo R3: Murray vs Benneateau « Reply #254 on: April 20, 2012, 12:05 PM »

I think Neil Harman is a very nice person and I'm proud that he isn't afraid to let people know that he is a Christian. He unlike the above individuals does not make snide remarks about other people's beliefs or none. Perhaps you could follow his example.

I have no problem with anyone being a Christian. I think it's bonkers and completely illogical, but if it makes him happy, fair enough. I just wish he'd shut up about it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »