Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Granollers in 2
Granollers in 3

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers

(Read 4333 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #255 on: August 07, 2013, 07:21 PM »

I'm out of sinc obviously but I was really impressed with Andy. thumb up Conditions were difficult and he hasn't played for ages, but his forehand was cooking and there was some Murray magic, especially in the last few games, to keep us happy.
Fleming was very complimentary about that forehand too  yay
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #256 on: August 07, 2013, 07:23 PM »

I've only just got home and missed the lot! What was the score guys?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #257 on: August 07, 2013, 07:24 PM »

6-4, 7-6
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #258 on: August 07, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I've only just got home and missed the lot! What was the score guys?
6-4, 7-6 Caz.  Andy had to break back at nearly last minute in 2nd set and take it to a t-b, which he took easily.  Quite a long match for 2 sets
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #259 on: August 07, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Andy himself said his timing not right yet and balls flying v fast but despite signs of rustiness also gave us some stunning play.  And Granollers was playing well.  So I think Andy did really well - and did anyone think the roller coaster days were over just because he won Wimbledon?
So overall  clap clap clap Andy
I certainly didn't.  Andy will always be Andy no matter how many Slams he wins!

I thought Granollers played well too, so all credit to him, but in the end Andy showed once again how well he can pick himself up when his back's against the wall.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #260 on: August 07, 2013, 07:26 PM »

And Fleming also said Andy the best returner in the game (even if Nole might have something to say about that) and implied he saw Andy being at the VERY top of the game soon
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #261 on: August 07, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Awww....Thats great! Thanks girls!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #262 on: August 07, 2013, 07:27 PM »

if you've got Sky Caz they'll probably replay it under the red button

Not sure what final first serve percentage was but for quite a good stretch of the match it was 77 per cent - Andy's magic number  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #263 on: August 07, 2013, 07:28 PM »

I certainly didn't!  Andy will always be Andy no matter how many Slams he wins.

I thought Granollers played well too, so all credit to him.
I didn't either Aileen! The day the rollercoaster grinds to a halt, is the day Andy retires!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #264 on: August 07, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Granollers has played lots in last few weeks and so is match tough -  Andy not played for a month. Andy still won, in straight sets. Did what he set out to do - win the match! Onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #265 on: August 07, 2013, 07:31 PM »

And Fleming also said Andy the best returner in the game (even if Nole might have something to say about that) and implied he saw Andy being at the VERY top of the game soon

Very much enjoyed all Fleming's positive comments - and his description of watching Wimbledon final in Royal Box.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #266 on: August 07, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Andy and Benoit win, tennis today is awesome!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #267 on: August 07, 2013, 07:32 PM »

Skysports are very pro Rafa, making injury excuse for wimby loss, Darcis was also injured ....Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #268 on: August 07, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Wasn't Andy's best match, but I'm not too bothered. Just happy to see him in action.

Maybe he should keep a can of WD-40 in his kit bag to alleviate rustiness.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #269 on: August 07, 2013, 07:33 PM »

There we are, over in straights, no sweat w00t.

Yes, okay, before I get shouted at I'll be good Smile. Let me just say that when Andy was down in that second set I was thinking about Djokovic! I mean, come on, if Andy wasn't giving up against Djokovic, he was never giving up against Granollers, was he?

Andy was just a bit rusty today, that was all. They said as much in commentary, and Fleming (who is my favourite just now wub) also said it in the studio. However, he got it done when he needed to, by getting himself back into the second set and by playing a fantastic tie-break. That's a champion if ever I saw one. I have to say before the match I expected it to go to three, so getting it done with a set to spare made me happy Smile.

Andy's just going to get better through the week. A month of not playing must be tricky, and of course, all the hoopla around winning Wimbledon must take some getting used to as well, but Andy got it done today in straights. He also lifted his game when he needed to, so I think that shows his best is there or thereabouts. I'm not worried about him.

So far, so good. Andy has shown today, as if there was any doubt, that he is prepared to fight in these awkward moments, even if the match is not in a slam. He got the job done in straights with no histrionics, no panic, just belief in his ability to lift himself when needed.

Fleming reckons Andy is the best returner in the game. He said so after the match. Lovely man Smile. Also, and sorry to be such a girl, how good did Andy look in his outfit? I'm glad he didn't wear the dark blue. All the underlings appear to be wearing the blue in Montreal. I liked the white very much Smile.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »