Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions, please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Granollers in 2
Granollers in 3

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers  (Read 3139 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #285 on: August 07, 2013, 08:26 PM »

Fleming was lovely about Andy today. Petch said something during the match as well. I can't remember exactly, but the implication was that he thinks that Andy will be at the top before too long soon. I think he was implying that Andy might finish the year at no.1. I wouldn't be surprised, Andy just has a look about him now. I really think he might do it Smile.
tj I think petch said something to the effect that Andy is now really enjoying his tennis again, having got the slam monkey off his back, and put that with his fitness, form etc he could dominate the game for some years.
I love Fleming's sardonic take on things.  I saw him up close arriving same time off tube at Wimbledon - wearing a suit and tennis bag on his back, which looked kind of weird!  But he is so tall and good-looking and tanned.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #286 on: August 07, 2013, 08:38 PM »

I have to confess that I have a teensy-weensy little thing for Fleming Smile. He makes me laugh, which helps! He is generally really lovely, is often complimentary about Andy and can put Barry Cowan in his place like no other comm would dare to do Smile.

The perfect man really Whistle.

He is lol! i have a littlle thing for him too even though he's more than twice my age  Embarassed
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #287 on: August 07, 2013, 09:36 PM »

THE FINAL SET

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #288 on: August 07, 2013, 10:03 PM »

He is lol! i have a littlle thing for him too even though he's more than twice my age  Embarassed

I'm pleased to say he isn't twice mine. If he was he'd be almost 80 Wink.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #289 on: August 07, 2013, 10:07 PM »

I'm pleased to say he isn't twice mine. If he was he'd be almost 80 Wink.

He is 58 apparently, I think he looks very good for his age. He'd probably be handsome at 80 too - lol!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #290 on: August 07, 2013, 10:08 PM »

tj I think petch said something to the effect that Andy is now really enjoying his tennis again, having got the slam monkey off his back, and put that with his fitness, form etc he could dominate the game for some years.
I love Fleming's sardonic take on things.  I saw him up close arriving same time off tube at Wimbledon - wearing a suit and tennis bag on his back, which looked kind of weird!  But he is so tall and good-looking and tanned.

Petch mentioned the WTF as well. I have a feeling Petch thinks it might be Andy's time there, which would be great if it happened.

Lucky you! I think Fleming's gorgeous. He's got naughty eyes!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #291 on: August 07, 2013, 10:09 PM »

He is 58 apparently, I think he looks very good for his age. He'd probably be handsome at 80 too - lol!

I bet he will to be honest lol. I like my men mature too, so it wouldn't stop me!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #292 on: August 07, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Petch mentioned the WTF as well. I have a feeling Petch thinks it might be Andy's time there, which would be great if it happened.

Lucky you! I think Fleming's gorgeous. He's got naughty eyes!

Yes, a cheeky twinkle with a smile to match! And not twice my age either! wub
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #293 on: August 07, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Yes, a cheeky twinkle with a smile to match! And not twice my age either! wub

Form an orderly queue behind me Smile.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #294 on: August 07, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Tonedial, thanks for the set!  Smile  I couldn't see the match live so this is great, nice to hear the commentators being complimentary about him too.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #295 on: August 08, 2013, 02:04 AM »

Just watched this on repeat, Grannolers has nothing, how Dimtrov lost to this guy i have no idea, most of his points were due to Andy's UE's.

I wish commentators would stop banging on about Andy's 2nd serve, and why Djokovic didn't do more with it in the Wimbledon final, although it lacks speed i think with the kick and placement he puts on it it is not that easy to return, plus it was windy today hence the df's
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #296 on: August 08, 2013, 07:50 AM »

Thought Granollers played pretty well actually gnome.
Re the 2nd serve: our new pin up boy Peter Fleming was very interesting when Marcus Buckland questioned him about it.  He said Andy's defensive skills are so good that opponents aren't able to capitalise that much on it, so perhaps it doesn't matter and it's not worth spending hours trying to improve it.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #297 on: August 08, 2013, 08:35 AM »

Re. the second serve.  Isn't it obvious that if a player as talented as Andy, and with coaching staff that includes the mighty Lendl, actually wanted to change his second serve then he would do so?

Why would people assume that his second serve is poor and that he is unable to do it better?

It DOES look slow, but as pointed out is swerves and kicks, and if Novak Djokovic couldn't do much with it in a GS final, then I rest my case!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #298 on: August 08, 2013, 08:54 AM »

I'm not technically minded enough to have an opinion on Andy's second serve, but I have noticed through the last year or so that very few opponents seem to punish it, presumably they can't. In my view if it ain't broke, why fix it? I think that's what the lovely Fleming was getting at.

The way I see it is that if Andy and Lendl thought it needed to be better they would work on it, but really, what's the point if it's doing just fine as it is.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup R2: Murray vs Granollers « Reply #299 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20 AM »

Re. the second serve.  Isn't it obvious that if a player as talented as Andy, and with coaching staff that includes the mighty Lendl, actually wanted to change his second serve then he would do so?

Why would people assume that his second serve is poor and that he is unable to do it better?

It DOES look slow, but as pointed out is swerves and kicks, and if Novak Djokovic couldn't do much with it in a GS final, then I rest my case!
That's what I think.

Most people when judging serves, seem to focus far too much on the speed, because that information is always made available, as if that's all that counts.  It's also harder to judge the placement and kick when you are watching on tv or a live stream.  I'm guilty of it myself.  During the Wimbledon semi-final, I was preparing to put my head in my hands when I saw a particularly slow second serve float over the net, fully expecting it to get batted back, then realising that JJ could barely get his racquet to it, because of the positioning.  He seemed totally baffled by them. lol

Andy's second serve success rate isn't that great compared with his ranking, so I'm sure he could do more with it, but I genuinely don't think it's as bad as some people make out.  On the other hand, it's nice to think that he's got an area that he could still improve on if he feels it's worth the effort.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »