Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 11896 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #105 on: December 20, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Hi All,

I'm in two minds about what to do about Brisbane. Do I rely on streams, or do I phone Sky and try and get a good deal on ESPN. I think it will have to be streams, although I know people who have Sky who have phoned and threatened to cancel and ended up with good deals to persuade them to stay.

It strikes me as bonkers that Sky are not showing Brisbane. Andy is the defending champion for goodness sake! Although, they didn't start showing Tokyo until quite late on, and Andy was defending champ there too. It makes no sense.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #106 on: December 20, 2012, 03:51 PM »

Hi All,

I'm in two minds about what to do about Brisbane. Do I rely on streams, or do I phone Sky and try and get a good deal on ESPN. I think it will have to be streams, although I know people who have Sky who have phoned and threatened to cancel and ended up with good deals to persuade them to stay.

It strikes me as bonkers that Sky are not showing Brisbane. Andy is the defending champion for goodness sake! Although, they didn't start showing Tokyo until quite late on, and Andy was defending champ there too. It makes no sense.
No harm in chancing your luck with Sky ... but over the Festive period I think you'd be very lucky to get anything done, unless you already have a package from them.

It seems, although I wouldn't know, that Sky are giving priority to Doha - I guess because Nadal is the No.1 seed and therefore the bigger attraction. Rolling Eyes

The big focus though seems to be on the WTA's ASB Classic in Auckland from 31 Dec - 5 Jan, which tennisTV is showing nearly all of.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #107 on: December 20, 2012, 03:54 PM »

No harm in chancing your luck with Sky ... but over the Festive period I think you'd be very lucky to get anything done, unless you already have a package from them.

I do already have a package, which includes Sky Sport, so I might see if it is worth me turning on the charm and seeing what it gets me lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #108 on: December 20, 2012, 04:00 PM »

I do already have a package, which includes Sky Sport, so I might see if it is worth me turning on the charm and seeing what it gets me lol.
It's amazing what you can do.  I got £10 knocked off my BT package for phone and broadband (computer only) when I queried why my bills had been so high for the last few months.  The problem was that they had changed my original package but hadn't bothered to tell me that!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #109 on: December 20, 2012, 06:06 PM »

Check out the tennisTV website - http://www.tennistv.com/home

The monthly sub is, unfortunately, £13.99 and the annual sub, which I pay, has gone up to £84.95.  Pricey, but still much cheaper than Sky.  Bear in mind though that it doesn't show the Slams because they aren't ATP events, but one good feature is their catch-up facility which means you don't need to worry if you miss a match.
thanks Eileen we will have a wee look
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #110 on: December 20, 2012, 06:09 PM »

Have already set my sky to record Murray v tipsy next Thurs!! Can't wait its been too long   w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #111 on: December 20, 2012, 07:24 PM »

well it's only £10 for a month and you can then cancel tj and that way you'll get both brisbane and the exhibition tourno
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #112 on: December 20, 2012, 10:17 PM »

I need to get SKY back soley for the US Open! Tennis TV next year will do for the rest of Tennis because I'm sure all the other slams are FTA.

BTW for any WTA fans out there, rights may be sold on a per event basis and if you have BT Vision most will be shown their too. WTA Brisbane is on British Eurosport, but IDK about any other events.  Eurosport International, if you have access to it is showing ATP Doha. Oh, and British Eurosport is also showing ATP Doha but not live.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #113 on: December 20, 2012, 10:24 PM »

I need to get SKY back soley for the US Open! Tennis TV next year will do for the rest of Tennis because I'm sure all the other slams are FTA.
The AO isn't, apart from the men's semis and both men's and women's finals.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 20, 2012, 10:28 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #114 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Eurosport is free if you have a Sky Box and dish I think. You don't need a sky package I don't think
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #115 on: December 20, 2012, 10:42 PM »

Eurosport is free if you have a Sky Box and dish I think. You don't need a sky package I don't think
I don't have that but usually watch the AO and USO on Eurosport Player - just renew their modest sub for one month each time.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #116 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52 PM »

I don't have that but usually watch the AO and USO on Eurosport Player - just renew their modest sub for one month each time.

I've got 1 year access to a streaming service that shows international eurosport so I'm sorted for that, and I think I'm sorted for the full US Open too as international has full coverage of it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #117 on: December 20, 2012, 11:03 PM »

A bit early for the AO, I know, but this is the BBC's schedule -

Thursday 24 January
Men's singles semi-final, 0815 GMT on BBC Two
Friday 25 January
Men's singles semi-final, 0815 GMT on BBC Two
Saturday 26 January
Women's singles final, 0825 GMT on BBC Two
Sunday 27 January
Men's singles final, 0815 GMT on BBC Two

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #118 on: December 21, 2012, 08:59 AM »

Well I'm pleased to see they are still showing any of it as they've cut back so drastically on tennis coverage.  Are they showing Andy's earlier matches under red button do you know?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #119 on: December 21, 2012, 10:40 AM »

Well I'm pleased to see they are still showing any of it as they've cut back so drastically on tennis coverage.  Are they showing Andy's earlier matches under red button do you know?
I doubt it.  They didn't last year.  Also they've cut the number of red button channels from four to one!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »