Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic  (Read 10040 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #120 on: December 21, 2012, 12:27 PM »

hopeless!  Not sure how much I'm going to be able to manage to watch anyway as January is looking pretty manic.  Just hope Andy gets to the sf and final as they are  in my diary to keep clear.  He should do of course but you can't bank on anything in tennis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #121 on: December 21, 2012, 12:46 PM »

hopeless!  Not sure how much I'm going to be able to manage to watch anyway as January is looking pretty manic.  Just hope Andy gets to the sf and final as they are  in my diary to keep clear.  He should do of course but you can't bank on anything in tennis.
nervous  Let's just get this tournament over with first!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #122 on: December 21, 2012, 03:21 PM »

True Aileen but I don't think we should read too much into AD or Brisbane either way. So I'm going to try not to take it too seriously.  After all the run up to USO didn't inspire confidence!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #123 on: December 21, 2012, 04:33 PM »

True Aileen but I don't think we should read too much into AD or Brisbane either way. So I'm going to try not to take it too seriously.  After all the run up to USO didn't inspire confidence!
I agree - but it was the AO I was really thinking about here when you mentioned the SF and the final!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #124 on: December 22, 2012, 12:02 AM »

The good news is that tennisTV are covering Brisbane this year (they didn't last year) and are showing up to 14 live matches.  Streaming usually comes from ESPN though, but I can't believe Sky won't show it given Andy's new status!

Aileen, the Tennis TV schedule just shows WTA for Brisbane, so I'm not sure that they'll be showing the men's matches.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #125 on: December 22, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Aileen, the Tennis TV schedule just shows WTA for Brisbane, so I'm not sure that they'll be showing the men's matches.
Thanks for pointing that out Elena.  I didn't notice that it was only the WTA matches. doh  Oh well ...!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #126 on: December 22, 2012, 05:03 PM »

I agree - but it was the AO I was really thinking about here when you mentioned the SF and the final!
ah see what you mean Aileen - of course.  I'm the last person to take anything for granted!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #127 on: December 24, 2012, 10:27 PM »

Can you view the tennis channel on the iPad because alot of other streams don't run on it for some reason..I don't want to get the subscription & then regret it for that reason..
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #128 on: December 25, 2012, 01:50 PM »

I'm not sure this will be happening now, since Rafa is out.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #129 on: December 25, 2012, 04:00 PM »

I'm not sure this will be happening now, since Rafa is out.
That doesn't surprise me.  Only three days ago he was saying how nervous he was about how his knee would stand up when he started playing again since, apparently, the injury still hasn't healed properly.  I hope for his sake though that it really is a virus and not a cover-up excuse.

MUBADALA WORLD TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIP 2012 PLAYER UPDATE, December 25, 2012

World number four and two-time Mubadala World Tennis Championship winner Rafael Nadal has been forced to make a last minute withdrawal from the 2012 event due to a stomach virus. Nadal, who has competed in all four previous tournaments, was advised by doctors not to travel or compete due to the illness.

The Spanish star was due to return to action in Abu Dhabi for the first time since this year’s Wimbledon Championship alongside defending Mubadala World Tennis Champion and world number one Novak Djokovic, reigning US Open Champion and world number three Andy Murray, world number five David Ferrer, world number six Tomas Berdych and world number nine Janko Tipsarevic.  

Speaking following his withdrawal Nadal said;

“I am very disappointed that I will not be able to compete this year in Abu Dhabi. I was really excited about returning to play and I always have a wonderful experience at the event and this is the first time I will miss the tournament.” said Nadal.

“My rehab has gone well, my knee feels good and I was looking forward to competing. Unfortunately doctors have informed me that my body needs to rest in order to fight this stomach virus. I would like to say sorry to all my fans in the United Arab Emirates and around the world, but I hope to play and win in Abu Dhabi again next year.” added Nadal.

Tournament organisers IMG have confirmed that Nadal will be replaced in the all-star line-up in the championship at the Abu Dhabi International Tennis Complex, Zayed Sports City, 27th-29th December. The new player to be named in the all-star line-up will be made in advance of the tournament starting on 27th December.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #130 on: December 25, 2012, 04:21 PM »

That's a shame about Rafa. Hope he recovers soon if he is ill. I don't blame him if he'd rather not come back at Abu Dhabi though - a first match against either Andy or Tipsarevic might be a step too far given how long he's been out of action. At least with Doha he'd be able to ease himself in more gradually (if he's still planning on playing).
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #131 on: December 25, 2012, 07:00 PM »

That's a shame about Rafa. Hope he recovers soon if he is ill. I don't blame him if he'd rather not come back at Abu Dhabi though - a first match against either Andy or Tipsarevic might be a step too far given how long he's been out of action. At least with Doha he'd be able to ease himself in more gradually (if he's still planning on playing).
I don't blame him either Katie, which is why I was half-expecting something like this.  Coming back from a lengthy injury lay-off is going to be hard enough without facing any of the top ten in his first match.  We might learn more if he does pull out of Doha, but again stomach viruses, if indeed that's what he has, can be extremely unpleasant and take a while to get over.  On the other hand though the stomach problem could be due to nervousness.  I know what that does to mine!
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #132 on: December 25, 2012, 07:21 PM »

With Nadal out of action will they now revert to what should have happened at Mubadala and give AM a bye in the first round. I just did not understand why it was not like that originally as Andy was and is the higher ranked player.  Originally I thought it was all part of an agreement just to get Rafa to play, whilst still uncertain about "his injury". I reluctantly accepted the lack of respect for AM and idolisation of the Spaniard.  Mind you I am biased and dislike Rafa almost as much as Federer albeit for different reasons.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #133 on: December 25, 2012, 07:56 PM »

^ I was wondering the same myself about the scheduling as it would be an even bigger insult to Andy to give a lower-ranked player the bye.  I can't believe the organisers were so stupid that they got things wrong in the first place.  Something here stinks and if it was indeed originally a ploy to get Nadal to play, then I have no sympathy that its all blown up in their faces.  Like you though I am not a Rafa worshipper.

Meanwhile I've just been reading that Abu Dhabi has been fog-bound for the past two days with flights cancelled or diverted, so that might affect the arrival of Andy and the other players.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #134 on: December 25, 2012, 09:07 PM »

Aileen,

You express that well. I was expecting them to have made an announcement on the replacement very quickly after the Rafa withdrawal. Who is there who would be good enough to fill the gap? I assume all those better than Tipsy were asked so next in line is Gasquet or Almagro both of whom would be entertaining and could be a threat. If they are not available then they are scrapping the barrel for good exhibition players. 

Interesting that there are problems with flights due to fog. Watching AM might be delayed then until Brisbane? Never mind.

Have a good time until New Year.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »