Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 12046 times)
u2jcc
Junior

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #135 on: December 25, 2012, 09:42 PM »

I just wrote a scathing complaint to the organizers of this tournament. Don't really care much about Rafa though I wish him well but the incompetence of the organizers in the first place by making a mistake in the seeding and giving a bye to Rafa and not Andy is now biting them in their rear (trying to use a nicer word).

You are right Aileen and marathonarthur, they can't possibly give a bye to somebody who is lower ranked than Andy. I bought my tickets for the 27th solely because of Andy...well, I bought the entire 3 days ticket whilst keeping my fingers crossed Andy will be there up to the Finals.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #136 on: December 25, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Gasquet is playing Doha so it would be ideal for him to play in Abu Dhabi. They should try Simon if they can't get him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #137 on: December 25, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Aileen,

You express that well. I was expecting them to have made an announcement on the replacement very quickly after the Rafa withdrawal. Who is there who would be good enough to fill the gap? I assume all those better than Tipsy were asked so next in line is Gasquet or Almagro both of whom would be entertaining and could be a threat. If they are not available then they are scrapping the barrel for good exhibition players. 

Interesting that there are problems with flights due to fog. Watching AM might be delayed then until Brisbane? Never mind.

Have a good time until New Year.
I think we will see Andy OK.  He's flying out to AD tonight, so fog may have lifted by the time he gets there.

Meanwhile, Tweet from Neil Harman of the Times re Rafa -

"He wasn't feeling well last week so not surprised @RafaelNadal has withdrawn from Abu Dhabi. Not sure Doha is a given either."

I just wrote a scathing complaint to the organizers of this tournament. Don't really care much about Rafa though I wish him well but the incompetence of the organizers in the first place by making a mistake in the seeding and giving a bye to Rafa and not Andy is now biting them in their rear (trying to use a nicer word).

You are right Aileen and marathonarthur, they can't possibly give a bye to somebody who is lower ranked than Andy. I bought my tickets for the 27th solely because of Andy...well, I bought the entire 3 days ticket whilst keeping my fingers crossed Andy will be there up to the Finals.
Well done!

Gasquet is playing Doha so it would be ideal for him to play in Abu Dhabi. They should try Simon if they can't get him.
Gasquet would be a good replacement.  Surely, given Doha, he'll go for it, if asked?  How I'd love to be a fly on the wall though seeing this lot running round like headless chickens if Gasquet or Simon refuse!   
[ Last edit by Aileen December 25, 2012, 10:09 PM ] IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #138 on: December 25, 2012, 09:51 PM »

They did the same thing with the seeding a year or two back. Djokovic was 3rd seed last year and Federer/Nadal were 1st and 2nd, despite Djokovic being World No. 1 (If I remember correctly). I don't think I matters much anyway tbh. It's probably more of an adavantage getting another match over the others anyway, since that's what all the players are looking for pre-Australian Open. It is a little bit disrespectful but I would probably guess it suited Andy anyway to be playing a QF match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #139 on: December 25, 2012, 10:03 PM »

They did the same thing with the seeding a year or two back. Djokovic was 3rd seed last year and Federer/Nadal were 1st and 2nd, despite Djokovic being World No. 1 (If I remember correctly). I don't think I matters much anyway tbh. It's probably more of an adavantage getting another match over the others anyway, since that's what all the players are looking for pre-Australian Open. It is a little bit disrespectful but I would probably guess it suited Andy anyway to be playing a QF match.
Kind of weird thinking, if you ask me.  But I agree - it's only an exhibition match, so no big deal really I suppose.

Still no mention on the website of a replacement though, but as it's now after 2 am there we probably wouldn't know until tomorrow anyway.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 25, 2012, 10:14 PM ] IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #140 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Well, well, perhaps that will teach the organisers of this event to get their seedings correct  The whole thing seems to be falling apart.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #141 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09 AM »

Almagro is to take Nadals place.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #142 on: December 26, 2012, 09:19 AM »

this is a complete shambles.   I've had enough of exhos,   tbh
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #143 on: December 26, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Almagro is to take Nadals place.

... and go straight to semi-final!  Maybe they had the courtesy to ask Murray what he preferred?  I hope so after that obvious crowd pleasing tactic to allow Rafa the seeding. He probably could not have coped with three matches with "his injury". I wonder what it will take for the Spaniard to get back now. Certainly he will need to win well soon to restore his self-belief if he is to go anywhere in the Aussie Open.

I can now look forward to seeing AM play tomorrow. Do we know if he went Christmas night and made it there so he can practice today? I think he may have preferred the extra game to get match fit for Brisbane where he could win again.
IP Logged
batz

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #144 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25 AM »

Team Muzz is in AD!  Judy just tweeted:

Player lounge at the Mubadala World Tennis Champs just passed my cake test

Andy doing autographs

[ Last edit by batz December 26, 2012, 10:28 AM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #145 on: December 26, 2012, 10:54 AM »

Love it batz :-)
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #146 on: December 26, 2012, 11:09 AM »

Thank you again for the picture batz! I know it's just an exhibition match but I'm so excited to see Andy play...I'm still at work now (in Dubai) but I already want to leave and go to Abu Dhabi (an hour or so drive) and his match is not until tomorrow!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #147 on: December 26, 2012, 11:16 AM »

... and go straight to semi-final!  Maybe they had the courtesy to ask Murray what he preferred?  I hope so after that obvious crowd pleasing tactic to allow Rafa the seeding. He probably could not have coped with three matches with "his injury". I wonder what it will take for the Spaniard to get back now. Certainly he will need to win well soon to restore his self-belief if he is to go anywhere in the Aussie Open.

I can now look forward to seeing AM play tomorrow. Do we know if he went Christmas night and made it there so he can practice today? I think he may have preferred the extra game to get match fit for Brisbane where he could win again.
You are right, Rafa surely couldnt manage 3 matches with no rest day and thats just the physical side of things... not to mention....

So it's not a disadvantage for Andy to play the 1st day, as we know he takes time to warm up. Pity they cant get the numbers rigth though, out of respect. Its not that hard is it?
 cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #148 on: December 26, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Today on Sport 360o
http://www.sport360.com/article/andy-murray-arrives-abu-dhabi-new-man?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #149 on: December 26, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Great  pics batz I certainly share your taste in cakes!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »