Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 13491 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #465 on: December 27, 2012, 03:51 PM »

Daveed wins 1st set 6-2.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #466 on: December 27, 2012, 03:53 PM »

If he's a true competitor, his job isn't to make it fun for you and me - his job is to find out what he can do to win where it's important.

I know.... but  we have waiting so long   for the tennis season to start and then he produces a performance  like that   shocking
You can tell  that Andy didn't want to be there.  He should of just went to Brisbane.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #467 on: December 27, 2012, 03:55 PM »

I know.... but  we have waiting so long   for the tennis season to start and then he produces a performance  like that   shocking
It's a chance for him to get his act together.  It's not about us - it's about him!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #468 on: December 27, 2012, 03:58 PM »

tbh I didn't expect him to win at all.  He could of at least  made it competitive or fun.    sigh  I'm too cranky this morning,  all that turkey has went straight to my head.
Are you sure it was only the turkey John?  LOL

Andy apparently went straight back to practice courts after his match.
Very typical of him that - and sensible.  No point in him fretting about this loss.

[ Last edit by Aileen December 27, 2012, 04:11 PM ] IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #469 on: December 27, 2012, 04:01 PM »

After all it will allow him some respite before Brisbane
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #470 on: December 27, 2012, 04:02 PM »

^^ 
Are you sure it was only the turkey John?  LOL

Very typical of him that - and sensible.  No point in him fretting about this loss.

Not to mention the potatoes,    the steak pie  oh and the chocolate cake.      ok so now I'm feeling really hungry   well that's great.
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 December 27, 2012, 04:05 PM ] IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #471 on: December 27, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Somebody on here said the Brisbane draw is out tomorrow. Is that confirmed or speculation? 
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #472 on: December 27, 2012, 04:06 PM »

I know.... but  we have waiting so long   for the tennis season to start and then he produces a performance  like that   shocking
You can tell  that Andy didn't want to be there.  He should of just went to Brisbane.
  He look like he tried, (to me at least) but his shots didnt come together, when he had the Adv.
If Andy didnt want to be there then why did he accept? Of all the tourneys the MUST play this is not one of them. Therefore, he chose to be there.  I cant follow your thinking there John. confused
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #473 on: December 27, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I know.... but  we have waiting so long   for the tennis season to start and then he produces a performance  like that   shocking
You can tell  that Andy didn't want to be there.  He should of just went to Brisbane.
Oh for goodness sake!  Andy wasn't there because he was jet-lagged, and he looked like he needed a good sleep, but the choice to go play was his - and he must have had his reasons.  I've a feeling though that it could have been Lendl's idea.

Quite frankly I don't see how he could have played in the final (had he got there) and then performed well in Brisbane, given that the earliest he could play there would be Thursday - and we're talking about a 15 hour flght and Brisbane is six hours ahead of AD.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #474 on: December 27, 2012, 04:17 PM »

So maybe he had no desire to be in the final, but used it as match practice.  Just a thought...
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #475 on: December 27, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Oh for goodness sake!  Andy wasn't there because he was jet-lagged, and he looked like he needed a good sleep, but the choice to go play was his - and he must have had his reasons.  I've a feeling though that it could have been Lendl's idea.

Quite frankly I don't see how he could have played in the final (had he got there) and then performed well in Brisbane, given that the earliest he could play there would be Thursday - and we're talking about a 15 hour flght and Brisbane is six hours ahead of AD.

Exactly it makes no sense.       this tournie is still a shambles anyway.        Almagro had a bye  when Andy is ranked higher?!?!  whit?      ugh my head hurts.    I'm away before someone bites my head off.   
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #476 on: December 27, 2012, 04:24 PM »

Exactly it makes no sense.       this tournie is still a shambles anyway.        Almagro had a bye  when Andy is ranked higher?!?!  whit?      ugh my head hurts.    I'm away before someone bites my head off.   

I'm sure it must make some sort of sense to Andy.  Either that, you are supporting a moron.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #477 on: December 27, 2012, 04:24 PM »

We dont know when the others arrived in AD they presumably had some of Christmas at home, Tipsy arrived on 25th they said. (Christmas eve being the main celebrationnday in European countries other than the UK).  Its the same for every one of them, the time zones and jet-lag, which these professionals are well aware of. They know there own body clocks too.

I agree with you that it's improbable that Andy would do well in AD and Brizzy.

Brisbane will be tougher, as you say with a long journey.
Nuff said.  Neutral
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #478 on: December 27, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Please don't make a big deal of the result!

He lost to Gulbis before the French, Tipsy and Nole before Wimbledon and was down a set and nearly a break last year in Brisbane.

He needs to get his legs running in Brisbane in which he will likely struggle in the first round or 2.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #479 on: December 27, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Bye bye Berdy too,  David serving for the match now.
I would love for David to win a major before he retires, must be one of the greatest players ever not to win a slam.

He derserves it so much because he tries tierlessly, is a really nice guy, humble and professional. If they gave out honorary titles, Ferrer should get one!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »