Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 12407 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #495 on: December 27, 2012, 05:14 PM »

I don't know why people would think Andy losing to Tipsy in an exhibition matters. It doesn't. Is Tipsy a top five player? No. Is Tipsy likely to be a top five player any time soon? No. Is Tipsy likely to threaten to win a major any time soon? Not bloody likely. I like Tipsy, don't get me wrong, but let's just get a bit real around here.

I'm a wee bit fed up with every little meaningless loss being blown up out of all proportion around here. Sure, I would love Andy to win every match he plays, but he just won't. No one does, not Andy, or Djokovic, or, for that matter, bloody Federer or anyone else.

I wasn't around here before Wimbledon, but I bet it was fun when Andy went out of Queen's early and then lost to Tipsy and Djokovic in the two exhibition matches. What were some of you predicting? A first round exit at Wimbledon I imagine. Andy got to the final.

I was here for the build up to the USO, when Andy went to Toronto off the back of winning the Olympics and pulled out after winning a round, and then lost in Cincy to Chardy. I know the doom merchants around here were predicting a bad USO, and look what Andy did. I hate to say I told you so.........

Andy is trying to be more consistent, but the time to do that is when it matters. Andy didn't need to run himself ragged trying to win Abu Dhabi before heading off to defend in Brisbane ahead of the AO. However, the match practice will have done him good today. At least he won't go in to Brisbane entirely cold - which I suspect was the whole reason why he played Abu Dhabi, not necessarily to win.

It's funny how some talk as if Andy owed us the win because the off season has been long and we'd bothered to watch. Supportive talk, that. Andy owes us nothing.

Andy did play some good stuff today. He just couldn't string the good stuff together enough, or, to put it another way, he did what he needed to do before heading off to Brisbane.
Teejay1, you are overreaction to what is a friendly discussion on here. We are airing our opinions and are not blowing things up out or proportion. IMO. There are no prophets of doom here today (that's not always the case, true). To quote yourselft "I hate to say I told you so", you're not saying that you have the facit answer to Andy's game/performance?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #496 on: December 27, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Who gives a shite about exho?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #497 on: December 27, 2012, 05:18 PM »

It would have been interesting to see Andy play Rafa next, but as that wasn't going to happen, I'm happy for him to get off to Brisbane sooner rather than later.
This tournament has been a bit of a disaster really.  First of all the scheduling was crazy, and then Nadal pulls out at the last minute - and who knows how that might have affected Andy too, given how much he enjoys playing Nadal.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #498 on: December 27, 2012, 05:19 PM »

I can sympathise with Andy about the 'morning person' thing, because I'm not one either - as the lateness of some of my posts shows!

Andy has said he is a morning person now - in some Q & A thing in Paris I think.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #499 on: December 27, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Andy has said he is a morning person now - in some Q & A thing in Paris I think.
Wish he would let me into his secret! 

Who gives a shite about exho?
I must admit I came close to not watching this match.  Exhos are rarely exciting because there's no ranking points to be gained, so why bust a gut to win?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #500 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32 PM »

For any folks who missed Andy's on-court interview:

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/video_audio/185460.html
Andy looks and sounds pretty tired, which bears out the travel/jet-lag theory.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #501 on: December 27, 2012, 06:44 PM »

This tournament has been a bit of a disaster really.  First of all the scheduling was crazy, and then Nadal pulls out at the last minute - and who knows how that might have affected Andy too, given how much he enjoys playing Nadal.
And the organisers are now left without 2 of their original top players in the SFs - serves them right for not seeding Andy 2nd.   But much as I'd have liked to have seen him play more tennis this week, I'd rather he gets over to Oz and ready for Brisbane.  It may not be many points but I'd prefer it if he didn't start the year with loss of a title.  Actually I liked it those years when he played Hopman Cup in preparation for AO as it guaranteed him a certain number of matches and helped hone his volleying skills in the dubs.  Never understood why he dropped that.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #502 on: December 27, 2012, 06:52 PM »

And the organisers are now left without 2 of their original top players in the SFs - serves them right for not seeding Andy 2nd.   But much as I'd have liked to have seen him play more tennis this week, I'd rather he gets over to Oz and ready for Brisbane.  It may not be many points but I'd prefer it if he didn't start the year with loss of a title.  Actually I liked it those years when he played Hopman Cup in preparation for AO as it guaranteed him a certain number of matches and helped hone his volleying skills in the dubs.  Never understood why he dropped that.

I've wondered the same about the Hopman Cup, especially how he used to say at the time that it was perfect preparation for the AO (though I guess players always try to promote the event they're in as being good preparation). Hopman Cup was always fun to watch too - he and Laura were a great team. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #503 on: December 27, 2012, 07:11 PM »

I agree Katie - I loved watching them play mixed dubs.
Remember folks there's an hour special on radio 5 live starting in 20mins
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #504 on: December 27, 2012, 07:19 PM »

Must admit I am a wee bit dissapointed that I never got to see Andy play some more over  the coming days  albeit for selfish reasons as I had took out espn for the month, but hey ho that's the chance you take I suppose, was only a tenner ( would have spent double at the pub to see it ) onwards & upwards from here  cmonandy still luv ya
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #505 on: December 27, 2012, 07:54 PM »

I liked it those years when he played Hopman Cup in preparation for AO as it guaranteed him a certain number of matches and helped hone his volleying skills in the dubs.  Never understood why he dropped that.
That was always good, Ruthie, but I seem to recall Laura wasn't interested last year.  Also I do think Lendl may have had some input into things this year, and somehow I don't think the HC is his idea of a tournament.  Not competitive enough, I suppose, and anyway he'll surely be wanting Andy to focus on playing singles matches if he's to have a chance of winning another GS.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #506 on: December 27, 2012, 07:58 PM »

I think you just have to get into the habit of running on the beach at 6am Aileen - probably changes your body clock or something!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #507 on: December 27, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Every few days, get try tae get tae yer bed 15 mins earlier. Before you know it, your body will be in a regular routine.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #508 on: December 27, 2012, 08:31 PM »

Remember folks there's an hour special on radio 5 live starting in 20mins

Just listened. Hair on neck standing to attention.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #509 on: December 27, 2012, 08:35 PM »

Just listened. Hair on neck standing to attention.

great ending - how many British Olympic Gold Medal winners have you seen in your lifetime......and how many British Grand slam winners?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »