Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 11782 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 11:54 AM »

nah  Darren Cahill rules.

I like Robbie (my usual commie) but you might want to check out what he said during the match between our lad and Fed.
And I quote:
"This is pure genius. You can't teach shots like this. That's a half-volley, open stance, with a single-handed backhand. Last time we saw one of those, God was a boy."

Ahem..
Then you have Peter Fleming who exclaimed (at the USO or Shanghai, I forget) after Federer won a point in one of the early rounds - "that is Murray-esque!". Made me chuckle.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 01:15 PM »

Then you have Peter Fleming who exclaimed (at the USO or Shanghai, I forget) after Federer won a point in one of the early rounds - "that is Murray-esque!". Made me chuckle.

One I liked was during Andy's match with Federer in Shanghai.

"World class", Petch exclaimed after one of Andy's stunning returns.

"Yeah, but which world", was Fleming's instant reply.

Brilliant stuff, and made me smile.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 03:38 PM »

nah  Darren Cahill rules.

I like Robbie (my usual commie) but you might want to check out what he said during the match between our lad and Fed.
And I quote:
"This is pure genius. You can't teach shots like this. That's a half-volley, open stance, with a single-handed backhand. Last time we saw one of those, God was a boy."

Ahem..
I see nothing wrong with that (and I remember Robbie's comment, and that particular shot, as well).  Apart from the technical aspects, how many single-handed backhand players do we have these days let alone any of the rest of the top 10?  There's no doubt the SHBH is much more graceful and pleasing to watch than the double-handed one.  I also thought the second sentence was quite funny.  Robbie K has an interesting sense of humour, just as does another Robbie we all know and, err ... love!

I agree that Cahill is great, but there's something about Koenig that makes him just that little bit extra special. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 04:12 PM »

^ nah
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 04:23 PM »

I see nothing wrong with that (and I remember Robbie's comment, and that particular shot, as well).  Apart from the technical aspects, how many single-handed backhand players do we have these days let alone any of the rest of the top 10?  There's no doubt the SHBH is much more graceful and pleasing to watch than the double-handed one.  I also thought the second sentence was quite funny.  Robbie K has an interesting sense of humour, just as does another Robbie we all know and, err ... love!

I agree that Cahill is great, but there's something about Koenig that makes him just that little bit extra special. Smile
There's more than you'd think. Quite a few neutral matches I've seen have involved players with a one-handed backhand. Most players on tour grew up watching Sampras and Federer so many adopted a similar style.

Haas, Dimitrov and Ungur all spring to mind of players I've seen recently, but there are many, many more who also have a 1HBH.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 04:59 PM »

I agree that Cahill is great..
I'm maybe also slightly biased bcos I spoke to him and got his pic a few months ago. Whistle
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #51 on: November 23, 2012, 06:49 PM »

There's more than you'd think. Quite a few neutral matches I've seen have involved players with a one-handed backhand. Most players on tour grew up watching Sampras and Federer so many adopted a similar style.

Haas, Dimitrov and Ungur all spring to mind of players I've seen recently, but there are many, many more who also have a 1HBH.

Almagro, Wawrinka and Gasquet too. I love watching Gasquet's backhand, amazing shot.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 03:08 AM »

Almagro, Wawrinka and Gasquet too. I love watching Gasquet's backhand, amazing shot.
I should pay more attention ...   Thanks both.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 06:01 AM »

It was, PE - and I think we may have jumped the gun here.  I've just been visiting am.com and they no longer have Andy playing in this tournament, which they did last time I looked, but have Brisbane down as his next tournament.  He's still on the MWTC website as playing but that means nothing at this stage.

This wouldn't surprise me given that Brisbane starts straight after this tournament.  Not only is it a 15 hour flight from AD, but Bribane is 6 hours ahead.  Even if he didn't play till the Wednesday he'd be pushing it a bit to get over jet-lag, travel fatigue, and get used to the court conditions.
I think you will find he is playing, look at his face book page, also as it isn't a tournament but and Exho that will be the reason it's not listed with the tournaments now. I think he will be playing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58 PM »

I think you will find he is playing, look at his face book page, also as it isn't a tournament but and Exho that will be the reason it's not listed with the tournaments now. I think he will be playing.
I've just had another look at am.com and they do in fact still mention this tournament, only not nearly as prominently as they did before.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 03:42 PM »

I sure hope Andy's still on for the MWTC because I just bought my ticket for the entire 3 days of the tournament today!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35 PM »

I sure hope Andy's still on for the MWTC because I just bought my ticket for the entire 3 days of the tournament today!
I'm sure he will be playing, although I don't know why am.com displayed the fact so prominently and then relegated it to a small headling! 
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 06:33 PM »

ESPN now have the rights to show this tournament in the UK (which is £10 a month extra for existing Sky Sports subscribers). This is the schedule:

27/12: 1-5pm
28/12: 11-3pm
29/12: 9.30-11.30pm (the final isn't being shown live).

Pretty disappointing that the final is going to be tape-delayed. It's a shame that Sky aren't showing it this year as part of their existing Sky Sports package - they've always covered this tournament well in the past.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 10:00 PM »

That's so disappointing - I was really looking forward to watching.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39 PM »

ESPN now have the rights to show this tournament in the UK (which is £10 a month extra for existing Sky Sports subscribers). This is the schedule:

27/12: 1-5pm
28/12: 11-3pm
29/12: 9.30-11.30pm (the final isn't being shown live).

Pretty disappointing that the final is going to be tape-delayed. It's a shame that Sky aren't showing it this year as part of their existing Sky Sports package - they've always covered this tournament well in the past.
That's so disappointing - I was really looking forward to watching.
I don't have Sky so will have to watch livestreaming anyway.  Maybe it'll be possible to watch the final this way?  This is a good livestream if you're interested - http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »