Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic

(Read 12592 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #525 on: December 28, 2012, 08:29 AM »

Please remember Queens and Exho!! I tend to agree with Aileen, still getting over Christmas, Jet Lag from USA and now new time line. He will be ready and firing for Brisbane and the GS. If you go on the Brisbane site and go on videos you can watch all his matches from last year in Brisbane, great watching.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #526 on: December 28, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Just listened. Hair on neck standing to attention.
It was great wasn't it.  Thought it was better than the Sky programme - more reflective and somehow managed to convey the excitement of the win more.  I've saved it on my new radio I was given for Christmas so I can listen again.  Oh and for those who missed it, it's bound to be on the iplayer for the next week.  And I've just seen that someone has posted the link on the videos thread.
@u2jcc - very good to read that Andy now has an aura around him on court.  I don't think a loss in an expo match when he's tired, jet-lagged and adjusting to a very different court will do anything to dim that aura. And sounds like Tipsy played very well.  I guess Andy knows what he's doing spending more time out there for a lesser expo match rather than flying on to Oz to get acclimatised - perhaps it was part of the contract?  
[ Last edit by Ruthie December 28, 2012, 10:52 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #527 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26 PM »

Ruthie......I just listened to that!  It was great.......Made me relive the moment!  Thanks!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #528 on: December 28, 2012, 12:28 PM »

I know Caz I was     too - so powerful
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #529 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56 PM »

Looking forward to more moments like that in the years to come, but this will be a hard year to follow! I'll settle for one more slam!  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #530 on: December 28, 2012, 12:57 PM »

Well.....one at a time that is!  Whistle
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #531 on: December 28, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Shame Andy lost-it would have been nice to kickstart things with a win-but funnily enough,I'm not nearly as disappointed as I get normally when he loses.I don't know how energetic he looked on court,but looking at all the pictures of him since he arrived in Abu Dhabi,to me he looked absolutely shattered in most of them,and nearly asleep in some of them!So I wouldn't be surprised if simple tiredness played a big part in things today.

LOL. Yeah thats why he lost. He was tired. First match of the season and he's knackered already.

For 2013 can people please come up with some original excuses for when Andy loses a match. I think we've all had more than enough of "he was tired", "its his back", "its his left eyebrow" etc. Why can't we just say Tippsy was the better player and deserved his victory.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #532 on: December 28, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Because Tipsy isn't the better player and therefore people are trying to make sense of why he played better than Andy on the day.  And explaining isn't necessarily the same as excusing.  And tiredness isn't a single phenomenon.  The tiredness that comes from having flown from USA to UK to AD, and catching up with all those time zones, is not the same tiredness that comes from having played a full season.    Why not make a new year's resolution to desist from these kinds of comments, as they have become very boring and irritating.  But I guess you do it to annoy so perhaps my new year's resolution should be not to rise to the bait.  w00t
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #533 on: December 28, 2012, 01:43 PM »

LOL. Yeah thats why he lost. He was tired. First match of the season and he's knackered already.

For 2013 can people please come up with some original excuses for when Andy loses a match. I think we've all had more than enough of "he was tired", "its his back", "its his left eyebrow" etc. Why can't we just say Tippsy was the better player and deserved his victory.

I don't know whether or not you read my full comment,but if you did then I hope you saw that at the beginning I said that I myself had unfortunately not seen the match,and that I didn't know how he looked on court.I said that I would not be surprised if tiredness played a factor,because judging by the photographs that I had seen,Andy looked very tired in them.And first match of the season or not,Andy did have a right to be tired,with jet lag and only a short turnaround time factored in.He's in great shape and all of that,but he's only human.I wasn't looking for excuses,I was offering an opinion based on what I knew.

I really don't mean this rudely,but please don't mock my comment.And if you must,then please at least quote what I actually said correctly,in full.
[ Last edit by xxdanixx December 28, 2012, 02:07 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #534 on: December 28, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Tomorrow, Andy will be playing a set with UAE's Hamad al Janahi on Centre Court.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #535 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48 PM »

I wonder why some people think they have the right to come on here and tell other people what they should be saying/thinking/feeling! We seem to get a lot of that these days! No one forces anyone to read these threads, so if any of you don't like what you read, then feel free go elsewhere!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #536 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50 PM »

^Oooooooooohh.. Caz all fired up!  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #537 on: December 28, 2012, 03:46 PM »

^ Caz is a real fire-cracker one she gets going! Smile  But I must say I agree with her, although I suppose if nobody expressed any opinions like these MW would quickly die.  It's no different from other forums really, and a friend assures me the footie forums are much worse when it comes to armchair pundits.

Tomorrow, Andy will be playing a set with UAE's Hamad al Janahi on Centre Court.
He's hanging around in AD just to play one set ...? Surprised   I suppose it's not a bad thing though if he chooses to continue to break up his journey this way rather than head straight for Oz.  Also his flight may already have been booked on the basis that he would get to the final.

Just for the record - Almagro beat Tipsy 6-2, 7-6, 6-2, so will now play Djoko who beat wee Daveed 6-0, 6-3.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #538 on: December 28, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Aileen......It's one thing to express an opinion, or to disagree with someone else's for that matter, but to say or imply that you're fed up listening to what people are saying, is entirely different. Pure arrogance as I see it and as I pointed out......nobody is forcing them to read anything they don't like! I very much doubt that MW would 'quickly die' if some of these posters stopped insulting people by talking to them as though they were kids!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MWTC QF: Murray vs Tipsarevic « Reply #539 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03 PM »

From Judy's blog:
This is an exo event - 6 stars, 3 days, 1 champ - that's what it's billed as! Rafa pulled out yesterday and was replaced rapido by Nico Almagro. So the line up is : Djoko, Andy, Tipsy, The Berd, Almagro and The Little Beast. Each of the players is paid a fee for taking part and is also expected to perform a number of duties for the tourney and the sponsors. So after practice on the stadium court with Dani and a Thai junior hitting partner, Andy had to do a press conference, then back to the hotel for a photo shoot at the marina with Djoko. Quite a busy day when you're jet lagged. Miami-London-Glasgow-Dubai in 3 days!

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/Tennis-blogs/Judy-Murray/Judy-Murray-in-the-Middle-East/

Maybe explains this extra match?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »