Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  murray's aggression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: murray's aggression  (Read 1976 times)
richie c
Futures Level

murray's aggression « on: January 11, 2006, 09:23 PM »

well what do u know Murray says "I Havn't been myself on court" "I havn't been shouting come on" which isn't like me". "My footwork has been flat". "I need to be more aggressive"  These elements made murray so popular at wimbeldon .He was a little devil These elements are no more, its down to one person and one person only finger is not pointing at murray.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

murray's aggression « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:25 PM »

So who are you blaming here?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

murray's aggression « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 09:26 PM »

I'm guessing that Andy wanted to see if, much like Federer did, being calmer would give his game a big boost but it doesn't seem to of worked. We want the real Andy, ANGRY ANDY.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

murray's aggression « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 09:28 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"
I'm guessing that Andy wanted to see if, much like Federer did, being calmer would give his game a big boost but it doesn't seem to of worked. We want the real Andy, ANGRY ANDY.

Yeah Baby!

notworthy  notworthy  notworthy  notworthy
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

murray's aggression « Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 09:32 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"
We want the real Andy, ANGRY ANDY.

=D> Defintily!!  goodjob

I didn't see the match last night, and i find it hard to tell anything about a person if i haven't seen what situation they were in ... but if Andy needed to scream, shout, for that matter do what ever he pleased... he should have done it!!!
It's how your supposed to get your frustration out - show who you really are on court. If he's scared that the media will write, yet another, article about his slightly odd antics on court, well mate, i don't agree with you. Frown
He needs to be himself on court.. that's what everyone loves about him. Musn't hide under a shell in order to "look better" than he usually does (in terms of behaviour) - tennis is a carear and dedication.. so if you're not going to let your feelings known, you won't be able to survive.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

murray's aggression « Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 09:47 PM »

while it worked for federer its each to his own.altho i never saw him play, from what ive heard macenroe wouldnt play well if he was calm
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

murray's aggression « Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 09:48 PM »

I am pointing the finger of blame at mark petchy Murray has even reacted over that comment "we played like women" saying that it was completly taken out of context it was only meant to be a joke I will have to choose my words more wisely in future.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

murray's aggression « Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 09:49 PM »

Would you be able to give a bit more info there richie on why you're blaming petchy?
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

murray's aggression « Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 09:49 PM »

Macenroe would not play well without being angry, that's very true!

Did Andy say that? That could come out the wrong way... Like he knows!
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

murray's aggression « Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 09:56 PM »

i think petchy plays a key role as coach I think his had a word .In getting angry u use more energy and u know murray he is a perfectionist Murray has change and I don't like it one bit bring back old murray he wasn't fake
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

murray's aggression « Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 09:57 PM »

Hmm, I don't agree with you, but nevermind!! Very Happy Everyones entitled to an opinion Wink
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

murray's aggression « Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 10:01 PM »

Quote from: "richie c"
murray he is a perfectionist

roflmao  roflmao
Alright.. i'll calm down, but that's the last thing i would have used to descirbe Andy! Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

murray's aggression « Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 10:02 PM »

Really? I would have said anyone who wants to be at the top of their game has to be a perfectionist....

...could just be a matter of interpretation Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

murray's aggression « Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 10:30 PM »

I don't think anyone is strictly to blame for Andy trying to be calm. I think Andy was probably open to the idea of calming down if he thought it would help his game, if it isn't working then he'll stop doing it.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

murray's aggression « Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 10:32 PM »

yeah thats another good point about this year.he needs to experiment a bit and find out what works so u cant expect amazing results all the time
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »