Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's finger gesture 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's finger gesture  (Read 3937 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45 PM »

I'm absolutely baffled at the media's thirst to find out every detail about Murray's celebration.

He could whip out his cock and balls after every victory for all I care, as long as he keeps winning.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 11:02 PM »

^..lol
I still say it's a Lendlism. Keep 'em effin guessing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32 PM »

I'm absolutely baffled at the media's thirst to find out every detail about Murray's celebration.
Because, sadly, that's what the media feel oblifed to do in order to appease the insatiable appetite certain elements of the public have for gossip and whatever pleasure it is they derive from knowing about all aspects, no matter how minute or personal, of the lives of celebrities.  It's nothing new - it's been going on for centuries, only now sophisticated modern technology makes that intrusion more accessible than ever before (take phone-hacking, for example) and the fruits of that intrusion all the easier to propagate.

[ Last edit by Aileen June 29, 2012, 09:15 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 07:47 AM »

Perhaps they're playing forfeits, you know if Andy doesn't swear on court he gets to do it Whistle
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52 AM »

you're basically accusing him of attention-seeking, for whatever reason, in just the same way as some have suggested he's doing with regard to his back and other injuries, real or otherwise.
Let's not get silly now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 09:38 AM »

Let's not get silly now.
Maybe I was being silly but I just wondered why you thought he would want the speculation.  However he and his team do have a zany sense of humour, and their forfeits bear that out, so I guess anything goes, and I must admit it did look pretty comical.

Anyway yesterday was somewhat stressful for me and not only because of Andy's match, so I apologise for getting a little over-heated here.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 05:13 PM »

I really think it's something strictly personal and must be done openly after a match. I don't think either the team or the family knows anything about it. I also don't think it has anything to do with them. I'd leave it alone. 
IP Logged
Flossie

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 09:54 AM »

Andy is not a catholic and he is testing the wind speed and direction before he throws his towel to the crowds.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41 AM »

This has nothing to do with his privacy - the end game communication, as you put it, could be done privately. He chooses to do the gesture in front of the cameras and therefore I'm inclined to believe he wants the speculation. I'm not a fan on inside jokes that are repeated and not explained.
I take it at face value. A very minimalistic acknowledgement of his victory. All players do something.
Personally I like Tsonga's little jigging dance best. He's such a happy loveable character and it reflects his demeanour perfectly!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Andy is not a catholic and he is testing the wind speed and direction before he throws his towel to the crowds.

lmao very necessary, we wouldn't want the towel to land on Wade and smudge her make up, now would we Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 02:53 PM »

lol

Actually I've just watched a clip of a footie match (unintentionally) and after one player scored a goal he did pretty much the same thing, only he used one hand, so I'm starting to think this has been a big fuss about nothing and is simply an Andy celebration.  Makes a change from fist pumps!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49 PM »

I wonder whether Lendl told Murray that much like some players believe God is on their side, Murray should try playing for something else but himself. Perhaps Murray chose to play for the children who died in the Dunblane massacre. One person on this forum, I forget who, brought up the possibility of survivors guilt, which is why I thought this as a possible theory.

I'm also starting to reconsider whether it's possible he's turned to God but I have a vague memory of him making a comment in an interview once that quite strongly suggested he was not the religious type.

Either way, I'm inclined to believe the gesture was spawned from something Ivan has told him.
[ Last edit by Mark July 07, 2012, 01:54 PM ] IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 02:18 PM »

My personal opinion of the fingers is that Ivan has told him to concentrate on one match at a time and not look any further forward than the next match, one finger is for the win of the match just completed and one finger is for the next match he still needs to get through, just one at a time.  w00t
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Possible that someone close in Andys family ,Grand parents maybe ?that have a serious illness and Andy is dedicating each win for them.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 04:54 PM »

I wonder whether Lendl told Murray that much like some players believe God is on their side, Murray should try playing for something else but himself. Perhaps Murray chose to play for the children who died in the Dunblane massacre. One person on this forum, I forget who, brought up the possibility of survivors guilt, which is why I thought this as a possible theory.

I'm also starting to reconsider whether it's possible he's turned to God but I have a vague memory of him making a comment in an interview once that quite strongly suggested he was not the religious type.

Either way, I'm inclined to believe the gesture was spawned from something Ivan has told him.

It's not the first one. Unless Andy says himself that's what it is, only then but I highly doubt it.

Second one is more of a possibility. People change all the time especially if they struggle a bit much and for a long time and feel they can't solve the problem on their own anymore. Andy is just becoming more and more aware of things lately.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »