Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's finger gesture 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's finger gesture

(Read 4213 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Possible that someone close in Andys family ,Grand parents maybe ?that have a serious illness and Andy is dedicating each win for them.

I'm sure I saw Andy's Gran and Grandad earlier in the week and I think his Grandad had a stick which I hadn't seen before but they certainly were not in the box at either the quarters or the semi.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09 PM »

I wonder whether Lendl told Murray that much like some players believe God is on their side, Murray should try playing for something else but himself. Perhaps Murray chose to play for the children who died in the Dunblane massacre. One person on this forum, I forget who, brought up the possibility of survivors guilt, which is why I thought this as a possible theory.

I'm also starting to reconsider whether it's possible he's turned to God but I have a vague memory of him making a comment in an interview once that quite strongly suggested he was not the religious type.

Either way, I'm inclined to believe the gesture was spawned from something Ivan has told him.
Well if you believe the report in the Express, when Andy sat down at the end he threw his head back, looked towards the sky, his lips were seen moving slightly and he apparently mouthed "Amen" at the end before standing up.

I didn't notice what he did but I'm pretty sure his reaction was due to exhaustion rather than any religious belief, although one can never be sure.  Also the Express does tend to be a little purple at times and there were no other comments to substantiate its report.

Like you I'm prepared to believe this gesture is a Lendl-generated thing, whether religious or otherwise, and one which we are never going to be told about.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 10:12 PM »

Well if you believe the report in the Express, when Andy sat down at the end he threw his head back, looked towards the sky, his lips were seen moving slightly and he apparently mouthed "Amen" at the end before standing up.
You just know that was completely invented.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #48 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15 PM »

It's not the first one. Unless Andy says himself that's what it is, only then but I highly doubt it.

Second one is more of a possibility. People change all the time especially if they struggle a bit much and for a long time and feel they can't solve the problem on their own anymore. Andy is just becoming more and more aware of things lately.

I'm inclined to believe the first theory far more than the second one.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 10:17 PM »

I'm sure I saw Andy's Gran and Grandad earlier in the week and I think his Grandad had a stick which I hadn't seen before but they certainly were not in the box at either the quarters or the semi.

According to The Herald, they were there for the first week then went home but will be back down for the final.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 11:20 PM »

You just know that was completely invented.
That was what I was inferring - that his actions were almost certainly due to exhaustion, nothing else.  I'm well aware of the Express's journalistic licence.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 09:51 PM »

I was wondering; the finger gesture, did Andy stop doing it after USO?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 10:02 PM »

I propose when he beats Fed next time he adopts this gesture again ...except perhaps using the middle fingers... lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Maybe he has just forgot to do it... pretty sure I saw him doing it in Japan.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 10:42 PM »

Murray's stopped doing the annoying finger gesture?

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 11:22 PM »

He only does it in the major tournaments though - expect it will return at the AO, maybe even at the WTF. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #56 on: October 14, 2012, 12:29 AM »

He only does it in the major tournaments though - expect it will return at the AO, maybe even at the WTF. Smile
I really hope he doesn't.  Not only did it look silly but it gave rise to even sillier speculation as to what it was all about.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #57 on: October 14, 2012, 04:01 AM »

I voted for Muzza in 3 .... wouldnt bet on it tho... Im sure Djoko has worked on aspects of his game that failed against Murray in USOpen... was just glad Muzza beat Fed..dont care too much if Djoko wins this ..he's a great player too.

Also, I'm not that bothered about any of the remaining tournos this year....of course I'd love Andy to win but I'd prefer Muzza focuses on the 3 slams that he has a very good shot at winning next year... Oz Open, Wimby & US Open... Next year could defo be Murray as No1. This year most likely it will be Djoko, and deservedly so for his consistantly high performances across all tour.

[ Last edit by ABF October 14, 2012, 04:13 AM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #58 on: October 14, 2012, 08:34 AM »

I really hope he doesn't.  Not only did it look silly but it gave rise to even sillier speculation as to what it was all about.

Yeah, I actually feel it doesnt suit him...it is what Messi does and it looks really nice when he does it. people back here say that he is trying to copy him.. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray's finger gesture « Reply #59 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41 AM »

I didn't see the finger gesture the last two matches in IW, did anyone else noticed?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »