Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's team contacted me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's team contacted me  (Read 3307 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 07:37 PM »

Thanks for the support Tally. I didn't make this site with any intention of financial gain therefor it isn't likely they could persuade me to sell out in anyway and also woudn't want this site to go official if I were to lose control.

But if they want my advice/help on making the official site (I will find out details soon), I would sort of be helping a competitive site which would feel slightly wrong. I don't exactly want to help a company produce a great site that could then leave MW no where.
IP Logged
dpconker

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #31 on: November 07, 2005, 11:20 AM »

Any successful site is going to have competition at some point.  The trick is to have something that the other websites don't.

I think the strongest part of your site at the moment is the forum and, even if the official site has a forum, I think you'll find fans will be happy to visit both.

Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion, you could put a little more personality into the news section on the homepage.  Most of the posts contain little more than could be found by doing a search a Google News.  Why not put your personal views and opinions on each news item as well?  I know you do that on the forum, but not everyone wants to take the time to sift through the different threads.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #32 on: November 07, 2005, 11:40 AM »

I really like this website, I don't know if it is the people on it, who all feel like imaginary friends I can talk to about anything, or the help given out if you can't do something.  I wouldn't like it to change, the only positive things I could see with being the official site is that Andy might answer questions and we could have the most up to date schedules for him without having to trawl through newspaper articles etc.  Keep up the good work Mark.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Hi Mark « Reply #33 on: November 07, 2005, 11:45 AM »

I hope for your sake, it wasn't a prank...as you say your mobile number was shown.

The advantage of having an official site is that the likes of the BBC etc will give a link to it, when there's news of Andy...also, as it would be funded, there would be more publicity. That will turn your regulars from a handful to probably hundreds. My main advice would be to make sure you have control over the site. They can obviously see that you present this site well and it appears that any snippet of news, is always posted quickly, unlike other sites I've seen. I'm sure if you had control, the regulars here would follow you over there!

O:)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #34 on: November 07, 2005, 11:47 AM »

I really like this website, I don't know if it is the people on it, who all feel like imaginary friends I can talk to about anything, or the help given out if you can't do something. I wouldn't like it to change, the only positive things I could see with being the official site is that Andy might answer questions and we could have the most up to date schedules for him without having to trawl through newspaper articles etc. Keep up the good work Mark.

I totally agree with everything Kitkat has to say.  I hope that the official Murray website becomes one more topic for us to discuss here at MW.  I think we have a real sense of 'community' here at MW, and that could never be reproduced on an official website.  goodjob
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #35 on: November 07, 2005, 12:03 PM »

I can confirm it wasn't a prank now and all this speculation is fun but I should hopefully receive details today that will make things clearer.

dbconker: I have thought about this before but I'm not anymore qualified to comment on Andy Murray than most of the people here and for that reason I don't see why I should publish my opinion on the frontpage. However, with people like Kundalini, who clearly know what they are talking about, I like to let everyone know what he has to say about a particuler match. However for the moment I would prefer to keep my own opinions restricted to the "Comments" section of the news item.

If anyone agrees with dbconker or has other suggestions, I'd really like to know, just make a thread in the 'Suggestions' area of the forums.

EDIT: Just want to add one more thing dbconker - yes what you find here on MW can be found by searching for the articles yourself online. But what I do is select the news I consider to be the most interesting and then read through the news item and publish the parts of the article that I also think to be the most interesting thus saving time for the people who don't want to read the full story.

Thanks for your suggestions though, I hope more people tell me their criticisms and suggestions about MW.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #36 on: November 07, 2005, 12:45 PM »

No complaints about the News stuff from me.

Heck, I waste enough time on the internet, I dont need the hassle of searching through online papers when I can read it here!  =D>
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #37 on: November 07, 2005, 12:55 PM »

The whole reason I got into this website in the first place was knowing I'd be able to get all the latest news on Andy in one place, without having to trawl around the internet. Then it became clear that it's members were all pretty intellegent, funny people, and well.....  the rest, as they say, is history.  Must say, I never thought I'd find myself getting involved in a website forum..... just shows how wrong you can be Exclamation
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #38 on: November 07, 2005, 06:52 PM »

I was browsing the Tim Henman fan site, and I was impressed by the effort that Teem goes through to answer the fan's queries. I think implementing the same feature thing here would be fab....I would love to hear Andy's point of views etc.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #39 on: November 07, 2005, 09:20 PM »

Andrew, i think the only way... Mr Morray (if i call him Andy, everyone will get even more confused..)  will possibly answer to questions was if it was an official website. Although of course it is a possibilty he could do that for a Fan Site.. but there are just too many around to keep everyone satisfied!  Think
Would be nice though.. although the level of joking would go down! *hint hint*  O:)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #40 on: November 07, 2005, 10:45 PM »

I suppose...oh well, it was only a dream  O:)
IP Logged
neworn

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #41 on: November 13, 2005, 09:36 AM »

VR is not realli a official website bUT its A FAMILY! right? JULIA! we/re famiLY!!!!!!!!!!!! wub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goodjob
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #42 on: November 13, 2005, 08:25 PM »

:woot: Stop moaning you lot!!

I love MW, thank Mark for all he's doing, wont be joining you in "Shout" (what on earth is it? Never chatted online apart from Messenger and Yahoo) but love this site, love the people, especially the youngsters, they make me feel a teenager again with their enthusiasm.

Frown I dont want this to be an "Official" Site.  no

There, that sounds like I'm having a strop, doesn't it? But it's not. I just dont want to feel we cant say our piece. I've never joined any fan club, ever (unless you count Tim's official site) but I've visited many. Generally the level of fawning adulation is nauseous. Andy deserves better than that.

He deserves honest debate, alongside the wonderful members of "Shallowville" Wink who are fantastic and outdo any PHWOARS I can do. God bless 'em. Very Happy

What he doesn't need is unquestioning fawning. He'd quite rightly puke over such sycophantic stuff.

(  shocking  Wow, I've shocked myself with all that alliteration. Time to shut up.  shutup
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #43 on: November 13, 2005, 08:38 PM »

Quote from: "hulahoop"
:woot: Stop moaning you lot!!

I love MW, thank Mark for all he's doing, wont be joining you in "Shout" (what on earth is it? Never chatted online apart from Messenger and Yahoo) but love this site, love the people, especially the youngsters, they make me feel a teenager again with their enthusiasm.

Frown I dont want this to be an "Official" Site.  no

There, that sounds like I'm having a strop, doesn't it? But it's not. I just dont want to feel we cant say our piece. I've never joined any fan club, ever (unless you count Tim's official site) but I've visited many. Generally the level of fawning adulation is nauseous. Andy deserves better than that.

He deserves honest debate, alongside the wonderful members of "Shallowville" Wink who are fantastic and outdo any PHWOARS I can do. God bless 'em. Very Happy

What he doesn't need is unquestioning fawning. He'd quite rightly puke over such sycophantic stuff.

(  shocking  Wow, I've shocked myself with all that alliteration. Time to shut up.  shutup

I coudn't agree with you more!  =D>
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray's team contacted me « Reply #44 on: November 13, 2005, 09:03 PM »

Quote from: "neworn"
VR is not realli a official website bUT its A FAMILY! right? JULIA! we/re famiLY!!!!!!!!!!!! wub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goodjob

Very Happy of course neworn! a beautiful place there.. and an even more beautiful place here..  grouphug

Btw.. very well said Tally! i love it how you manage to get your point across very precisely without waffling for 10 pages or so!
Shallowville will never be forgotten...  notworthy ever!! the consequnces of a official site.. Shallowville won't last a second!  no

Just on the topic of offical sites.. Nadal's official site was launched this week!  :P
And yes.. they have a forum too  Crying or Very sad Since it's so new - i can't say what it's like.. whether the traffic has gone down on VR..or not..
But i had a look at the member names on the offical site.. yes you can guess! All very familiar..  Whistle Don't get me wronge here! Im not saying people are abandoning VR - but i was just metioning it.. since Andy's managment are deciding...  :uhm:
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »