Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Tweet about Cowan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Tweet about Cowan

(Read 2042 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36 PM »

I think as Andy did not too well in North America last year they put him down the pecking order.
Well Canada is part of N America and he won there.  I think it's more that he had to compete with the women this year and when the chips are down he comes after the big 3.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18 PM »

I agree about Andy's schedule at Cinncinati was terrible. He always seemed to be the one who had to play in the worst of the heat. Cannot understand why this happened. Seemed to be very unfair, the authorities
seem to have preferential treatment towards other players.

Andy said in interview that it is because of the British TV schedule.  The tournament organisers are asked to put him on early so that TV viewers in the UK can see him late afternoon or evening.  That doesn't explain him being on Court 3 though - I don't think they even had Hawkeye out there did they?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16 PM »

No Alis if I remember rightly there was no Hawkeye.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24 AM »

Ruthie and Caz, completely agree. Slanderous, surely not. Very difficult for BC to disprove anyway and highly embarrassing in court Wink
He is annoying but BC is a media pundit and he makes his living commenting on tennis. If the top British player describes him as a dreadful commentator who knows nothing about tennis and does so on a very public website read by thousands of people it would be reasonable to assume that this will be damaging to his career. It is slander and if he loses his job he could sue Andy quite easily for loss of earnings.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 07:33 AM »

It's only slander if it's not true........but it is true!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 07:55 AM »

He is annoying but BC is a media pundit and he makes his living commenting on tennis. If the top British player describes him as a dreadful commentator who knows nothing about tennis and does so on a very public website read by thousands of people it would be reasonable to assume that this will be damaging to his career. It is slander and if he loses his job he could sue Andy quite easily for loss of earnings.
Well I don't think Sky would want to be seen as being dictated to as to whom they employ.  I'm sure BC's job is safe. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 09:11 AM »

I'm sure you're right Ruthie, but Sky would be fools to disregard public opinion.......They are the customers after all!  If BC continues to spout rubbish about Andy, I seriously think we should run that petition! PEOPLE POWER!! cmon yeah
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 09:55 AM »

I agree Caz, The more people complain, Sky might take heed. I get sick of all the negativity from British tennis commentators , who were rubbish players in their day. Win or loose they never have a kind word or praise for him. I personally am fed up with it. I only want Andy to win a Grand Slam so he can stick it to them, otherwise it would not be that a big deal to me if he did not as he is still a great and talented tennis player and a lovely young man.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 07:20 PM »

I agree sick of all the rubbish that they talk about Andy. That goes for the majority of them perhaps with the exception of Peter Fleming and he is American. You know when the tennis is on that Andy will get very little praise. According to them he does nothing right.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #54 on: August 25, 2011, 07:51 PM »

Peter Fleming is cool and has really come around to believing in Andy I think probalby after the masters semi final, although i think his fav is still Nadal.
Annabel Croft despite being a fed Girl was always a fierce supporter in Andy,
I personally think Mark petchy is great.
I like Marcus and the other anchors as well.

As for Barry Cowan I'm always struck by how difficult it is for him to be articulate often, its like he's got a golf ball in his mouth when he's talking. It just seems like a lot of hard work for him, which is strange given he's a TV presenter.
But I don't always disagree with him, Andy's bad body language is a tactical errror on his part and it did resurface against Mardy Fish.
But f%%k it was hot that day!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #55 on: August 25, 2011, 09:55 PM »

Peter Fleming is cool and has really come around to believing in Andy I think probalby after the masters semi final, although i think his fav is still Nadal.
Annabel Croft despite being a fed Girl was always a fierce supporter in Andy,
I personally think Mark petchy is great.
I like Marcus and the other anchors as well.

As for Barry Cowan I'm always struck by how difficult it is for him to be articulate often, its like he's got a golf ball in his mouth when he's talking. It just seems like a lot of hard work for him, which is strange given he's a TV presenter.
But I don't always disagree with him, Andy's bad body language is a tactical errror on his part and it did resurface against Mardy Fish.
But f%%k it was hot that day!
I like Peter F too - nice sardonic humour and you feel he knows of what he talks.  I wonder whether there is no love lost between Petchey and Cowan?  I'm sure they're never in the commentary box together.  If that's so it might be another factor in Andy's tweet, as there seems to be great mutual loyalty between him and Petchey
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Tweet about Cowan « Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 08:06 AM »

It's only slander if it's not true........but it is true!
Haha well we know that but would your average judge?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »