Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray finally winning over the British public? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray finally winning over the British public?

(Read 6239 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 11:23 AM »

Did anyone see BBC Scotland news tonight, excellent piece on Andy, Kheradine Nitszan told a story of how when he used to follow Andy on the ATP tour, Andy sent him a birthday card on his 40th birthday and wrote inside "thanks for stalking me all year, have a great birthday".  He said Andy is funny, quiet, shy, courteous and a really nice young man and the people today are only discovering what has been there since the beginning. 

Still feeling it from yesterday but if this is a wee silver lining then at least it is a bit of a consolation.

I saw that MM.    I had seen Kheredine Idessane interviewing Andy - I think at the AO -  but I didn't realise he had been travelling with him as an assignment.   Andy obviously trusted and liked him and Kheredine's views on Andy are very like Judy's "five words to describe her son".    I've seen them posted here - can't remember
them all but do remember funny, polite and sensitive.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 05:31 PM »

My boss came to me yesterday and told me how much Andy made her cry. It was especially sweet coming from her. Andy did win a lot of hearts this Sunday. The show was all about Andy, unfortunately for Federer. Haha serves him right though.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 06:46 PM »

May be not only the british public ....also my experience that a massive fed fan after the match told me he would like Andy to win a slam...
IP Logged
kris

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #63 on: July 11, 2012, 03:20 AM »

He has increased his hater as well . A lot of male viewers thought he was very "unmanly" apparently and are calling him "sissy" and "pansy" etc. Its unfortunte society is like this.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #64 on: July 11, 2012, 06:57 AM »

He has increased his hater as well . A lot of male viewers thought he was very "unmanly" apparently and are calling him "sissy" and "pansy" etc. Its unfortunte society is like this.

Hope they call Fed the same too then. But people have short memories.
I agree with you though, "real" men do cry in my book. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #65 on: July 11, 2012, 05:03 PM »

Why don't you post the links here and not the ones you posted under different accounts on different forums?
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #66 on: July 11, 2012, 05:13 PM »

This is bull****, Ive read a lot of stuff from coaches and various sports people praising his eloquance and class. He bravely tried to hold it together also. Only a few nutty cliches are going on about him being a baby etc, & even then some will admit that the strain of having the weight of a nation on you could be enough to get you emotional ffs.
I dont cry, haven't for many years (and not because I'm "macho" either) but my eyes got misty at that speech and also the reaction when he beat Tsonga in the semis.
All humans have emotions and it was Andy's honest expression of pure emotion that touched so many people around the world.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Men do cry real men. I got very emotional and I could feel Andy's pain there is no reason to think it was not genuine. It was his release of his emotions and he needed to do that and not bottle it up. I think more of him he was right to do this. I does not make him less of a man.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 07:01 PM »

of course they do !!!!   

That speech has changed the minds of some people regarding Andy , so a small silver lining I suppose .
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #69 on: July 11, 2012, 07:02 PM »

I cried once  when I lost a tennis match.  I nearly won...    True story.  No joke.  lol

I thought it was great that Andy showed his emotions.  I cried a fair bit at his speech. 
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 July 11, 2012, 07:09 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #70 on: July 11, 2012, 07:05 PM »

If you think about the emotions h e had bottled up over the past wee while, the back injuries, the loss of form, his resurgance at Wimbledon, his tough draw, is it any wonder he let go of his emotions?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #71 on: July 11, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Hope they call Fed the same too then. But people have short memories.
I agree with you though, "real" men do cry in my book. 
[/quote

What rubbish - of course 'real' men cry and are better for it.
IP Logged
kris

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #72 on: July 11, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Personally i think andy needs more ego . he needs to ditch his " i am just a humble good old farmer" bs if he wants to win . rafa fed and nole are all arrogant and all are ruthless .

Andy in comparison seems like some kilt wearing humble farmer.

doesn't humble mean constantly putting yourself down?  so when he faces fed does he think " omg fed is too good i am just a little old guy" ?

Novak simply hides his arrogance . Their arrogance got them where they are because it gave them a ruthless streak . 
IP Logged
kris

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #73 on: July 11, 2012, 08:48 PM »

I dont care about andy's emotions but i prefer he change his self esteem .
IP Logged
kris

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #74 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50 PM »

of course they do !!!!   

That speech has changed the minds of some people regarding Andy , so a small silver lining I suppose .

Majority of his fans are now women . His antics have appealed to females who seem to like this sort of thing . Most men like to see ambition and pride which andy is lacking .
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »