Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray finally winning over the British public? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray finally winning over the British public?

(Read 5517 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #75 on: July 11, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Majority of his fans are now women . His antics have appealed to females who seem to like this sort of thing . Most men like to see ambition and pride which andy is lacking .

Kris   honestly  stfu  man.  your Talking bullsh*t.  A lot of people both men and women were impressed by Andy's class and emotion.  I was emotional because I am a big fan of his.  I'm sure a lot of men  cried .  My dad cried.  My brother cried.  I'm sure lots of other men cried as well.  RE  The Bold   WTF?!!!  LACKING Amibtion and pride  bwhahahaha  doh  oh dear.  You clearly don't know what your talking about.  Andy Murray is probably the most ambitious... most patriotic man  you will ever meet!  He works so incredibly hard  all year round.  He never stops.  He keeps going.  He is so enthusiastic and hard working.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #76 on: July 11, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Kris, since joining you have given a strong impression of being someone who isn't here for sincere reasons and you're doing a great job at winding people up.

Please review your behaviour and reconsider your approach.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #77 on: July 12, 2012, 06:32 AM »

Majority of his fans are now women . His antics have appealed to females who seem to like this sort of thing . Most men like to see ambition and pride which andy is lacking .

wthell
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #78 on: July 12, 2012, 06:42 PM »

What was also amazing was that nearly 17m people watched the match on bbc - I read that was the largest audience for a W final ever.  And it's been described as best W final since the Rafa-Fed one in 2008.  The more I reflect back the less upset I feel and the more proud.  Do hope Andy can feel the same.
I just hope all these johnnycomelatelys don't start attacking him again if he doesn't always live up to their newfound expectations.  I suspect there will be something of a backlash sooner or later.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #79 on: July 12, 2012, 09:00 PM »

It's rumoured Murray is looking for a new agent such as Lagardere and IMG... interesting.

I think the massive change of heart of the nation might have something to do with this.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #80 on: July 12, 2012, 09:10 PM »

Yeah, read about that today Mark.
Clean sweep?
He needs someone new to run his official website too. They've got him down as going to Montreal for his next tournie. Hope the person who buys his airline tickets doesn't get their info from there, otherwise I'm as screwed as him.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #81 on: July 12, 2012, 09:12 PM »

He needs someone new to run his official website too.
Shhh. It's good for business that its bad Wink
[ Last edit by Mark July 12, 2012, 09:15 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #82 on: July 12, 2012, 09:19 PM »

They can always hire Mark.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #83 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Mark  you're hired!!!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #84 on: July 12, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Cool - a job with an expiration date lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #85 on: July 12, 2012, 10:06 PM »

Posted this in the Pictures thread (where it was first mentioned), but will post it here as well.

Just got a standing ovation on MTW after Dara announced he was in the crowd.

Hugh Dennis now doing Lendl's impressions (Excited, happy, sad... it's pretty much what we were talking about during the final lol)
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #86 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44 PM »

Did anyone see this article in the Guardian?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jul/09/fuss-about-andy-murray-crying

The writer calls Andy a "miserable Scots toad". How the hell is that allowed?

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #87 on: July 12, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Freedom of speech, innit.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #88 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55 PM »

Would he be allowed to call someone a 'miserable Jewish toad' or a 'miserable Islamic toad'?  I'm sure not. 
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #89 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56 PM »

As someone pointed out in the comments section you wouldn't get away with calling someone a 'miserable black toad' or a 'miserable Jewish toad'.  I would expect a little better from the guardian. I'm getting a bit sick of Andy's country of birth being mentioned when some moron has something negative to say about him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »