Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray finally winning over the British public? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray finally winning over the British public?

(Read 5886 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #105 on: July 14, 2012, 12:28 PM »

The same people who would kick up a stink if it was football or another sport and it got axed for the local news or a 20 year old film that's been shown last weekend anyway.

People are ignorant.

If they can't go two days (two ******* days), in this case the 3rd round and the QF I believe that over-ran, then I seriously wonder how they are capable of managing to dress themselves in the morning without finding something to whinge about. They need to get over it.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #106 on: July 14, 2012, 12:33 PM »

ugh those people don't have any taste what so ever.  Its summer!!!     what da f**k do they expect?!  a daisy chain competition  ?     A soap bore fest?!..  I miss the tennis  so so so much now.  Frown  I miss Andy.
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #107 on: July 14, 2012, 03:05 PM »

I don't know about the British public,but Murray is really starting to win me over this current year.The Wimbledon final was actually the last drop that converted me into an almost-fan.I hope more people all over the world have watched the match and have changed their opinions,too.
[Well,the other reason is that I'm recovering from a severe illness and can't go to work so my day is centered around eating and watching tennis.]
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #108 on: July 14, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Predictably, there was a lot of criticism of the Beeb's coverage of the Wimby semi and final on 'News Watch' this morning ................

'Why was the local news axed for a tennis match?'
'Why so much coverage for an over paid tennis player who lost a match?' 
'For the first time ever I turned off the BBC news.........'  etc. etc. etc.

Hi Alis and all,

Oh this type of thing makes me mad. The semi, and Andy's win in it was a bit of history right in front of our eyes. Never in my lifetime, or in the lifetimes of any of us here I would imagine, have we had a British male tennis player winning through to a Wimbledon final. It was a huge moment, one I will never forget as long as I live. I know that when the DVD comes (it is on order) I will watch the semi over and over again, just to relive that moment, and to see Andy's wonderful moment of joy. I wanted to hug him! How must it have felt for Andy's team, especially Kim and Judy, who have been around through good times and bad, and when Andy was working his way through qualifiers and such. Funny, it makes me feel emotional just thinking about it!

The overpaid thing makes me laugh. When you break it all down tennis players could actually be said to be underpaid, when you consider how relatively short their careers (don't get any ideas Andy!) are. Personally I would rather see an overpaid tennis player like Andy than an overpaid football player any day, but there we are.

It just says it all to me that people can't go without seeing the news for one moment like this. It says a lot about why British tennis has spent so long in the doldrums, i.e. because basically people, the public, or sections of them, don't care. You could sort of understand why British players might not always have felt inclined to push themselves much, because what difference does it make really, the country as a whole won't care and prefers football anyway. Thank God that Andy is different and wants to be the best he can be.
IP Logged
zen

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #109 on: July 14, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Hey mark . This is kris ! I am sorry for misbehaving . I just got a bit too excited at seeing fed win his seventh . I read  your warning and i should have listened to you .

I will just say i am fed fan but i sorta like murray (want him to be better) . you said we can like two people right ?

I didn't know that and felt that this was some fed bashing /anitfed site or something so i felt like being a bit mischevious .

IP Logged
zen

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #110 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50 PM »

you can ban me again after this but hey you said we can like two people right ? It's up to you . *evil smile*
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #111 on: July 15, 2012, 12:14 AM »

oh good lord  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
zen

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #112 on: July 15, 2012, 12:17 AM »

=)
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #113 on: July 15, 2012, 12:19 AM »

do u not have anything better to do ???  seriously , go to RF.com , they would love to have you im sure
IP Logged
zen

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #114 on: July 15, 2012, 12:20 AM »

Weedman ah i love this
IP Logged
zen

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #115 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21 AM »

do u not have anything better to do ???  seriously , go to RF.com , they would love to have you im sure

That was awfully mean of you .  w00t
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #116 on: July 15, 2012, 12:28 AM »

Zen, you can like two people but all you did was post about Federer non-stop. Jumping on everyone on every thread. You can't be like that, it's disruptive to the community.

Calm down, try and blend in. If you can show you genuinely want to be part of this forum then great, otherwise I will have to ban on IP next time.
IP Logged
zen

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #117 on: July 15, 2012, 12:32 AM »

oh good mark . agreed .
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #118 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58 AM »

I don't know about the British public,but Murray is really starting to win me over this current year.The Wimbledon final was actually the last drop that converted me into an almost-fan.I hope more people all over the world have watched the match and have changed their opinions,too.
[Well,the other reason is that I'm recovering from a severe illness and can't go to work so my day is centered around eating and watching tennis.]

Ivelina hope wou will recover soon and all the tennis may hopefully help (at least to resists your thougts with pleasant things!)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray finally winning over the British public? « Reply #119 on: July 15, 2012, 12:01 PM »

not very zen like behaviour so odd choice of new name.  Hope it does mean you really are a reformed character.  Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »