Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray in Dunblane on Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray in Dunblane on Sunday

(Read 10325 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 02:52 PM »

Wife and kids. ?!?!  0_o  lol.  I am teenager.  I have work to go to..
Whooosh. Wink
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Whooosh. Wink

Very Happy    I want to go to Dunblane, tomorrow like so badly.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 03:00 PM »

“I can’t wait to get back to Dunblane to where it all began and share my US Open victory with everyone and thank them for all the support.
It’s definitely going to be emotional, but it’s a very special place for me.” ~ Murray
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 03:05 PM »

“I can’t wait to get back to Dunblane to where it all began and share my US Open victory with everyone and thank them for all the support.
It’s definitely going to be emotional, but it’s a very special place for me.” ~ Murray
Awww......Bless'im!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Too bad about work, John. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!  Isn't there some way you can go?

Is anyone from here going? And if so, can you please take lots of pics for us to feast our greedy eyes upon. 

I'd give my eye teeth to be there. It's going to be amazing!  clap yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 03:30 PM »

Wife and kids. ?!?!  0_o  lol.  I am teenager.  I have work to go to..
I think Sir P was pulling your leg John. lol

I want to go to Dunblane, tomorrow like so badly.
Can't you throw in a "sickie"?  I think I would.

Is anyone from here going? And if so, can you please take lots of pics for us to feast our greedy eyes upon.  
Elly said she was definitely going as it's only an hour and a half by car for her, and Allan said he was thinking about it.  Unfortunately we've all been caught out here because it's all been done at such short notice.  The BBC led us to believe he'd be going next weekend.  Maybe that was the case but arrangements got changed.  Anyway I reckon it'll be like a rugby scrum there.  People were apparently coming from miles around just to see the gold post box!

Hope we get plenty of pics, one way or another.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 03:31 PM »

I think Sir P was pulling your leg John. lol
Can't you throw in a "sickie"?  I think I would.

oh right.  I thought  Sir P  was being serious.   hahahaha.  I'm so gullible.  doh
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 03:48 PM »

oh right.  I thought  Sir P  was being serious.   hahahaha.  I'm so gullible.  doh
Don't worry, many unwary souls have been taken in by him. Very Happy   And Robbie's another one ...

Anyway have you voted yet on the SPOTY thread?  I've given you the link.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Anyway I reckon it'll be like a rugby scrum there.
That's what's making me a bit hesitant about going. lol
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52 PM »

That will be amazing for Andy and all his family friends and many fans, wish I could go, but for all you that are have a great time, shout loud how proud we are.  yay  Will it be on tv?? Doubt it .

IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 07:57 PM »

That's what's making me a bit hesitant about going. lol

Me too.    My heart says yes but my head says no.     Surely Stirling Council will have commissioned a video.   It's such an occasion and Andy loves being among his supporters.

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 08:01 PM »

It sure will be an emotional day for Andy but one that he so deserves and so do the people of Dunbane who have stood by him through thick and thin, supported Andy and whole family, I think it is a really lovely gesture and shows how much his roots mean to him.  With regard to some of the cooments re political persuasion etc. Alec Salmond is not the SNP, they are a huge party who have done well by Scotland and it's residents, to liken him to Hitler is ridiculous and in bad taste given the legacy of that horrible man.

Scotland has a lot going for it right now and that is due in large part to the efficient way it is run, we here in Scotland voted in a government that delivered, we did not vote them because of AS, it was because they have good policies and want the best for Scotland!!  Sorry for the rant but we are not a bunch of kilt wearing nationalists blindly following one man!!!

Anyway back on topic, hoe Andy has a great day, he totally deserves it.
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 08:17 PM »

It sure will be an emotional day for Andy but one that he so deserves and so do the people of Dunbane who have stood by him through thick and thin, supported Andy and whole family, I think it is a really lovely gesture and shows how much his roots mean to him.  With regard to some of the cooments re political persuasion etc. Alec Salmond is not the SNP, they are a huge party who have done well by Scotland and it's residents, to liken him to Hitler is ridiculous and in bad taste given the legacy of that horrible man.

Scotland has a lot going for it right now and that is due in large part to the efficient way it is run, we here in Scotland voted in a government that delivered, we did not vote them because of AS, it was because they have good policies and want the best for Scotland!!  Sorry for the rant but we are not a bunch of kilt wearing nationalists blindly following one man!!!

Anyway back on topic, hoe Andy has a great day, he totally deserves it.

Well said, Sir! 

Maybe the future of Scotland deserves its own topic/thread.  One where Elly from Shallowville can freak us out by accusing Alex Salmond of being like Hitler!!  And no doubt make other amusing points.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 08:22 PM »

Poor Andy.
If his triumphant return to his home town has managed to emit all these political opinions in our very own forum, then gawd help him with the ravenous media.

IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 09:25 PM »

It's weird, all the Scots I know think Salmond is a berk and don't want independence. So where does his support come from?
The fact that none of the rest of them can string a coherent sentence together?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »