Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray in Dunblane on Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray in Dunblane on Sunday

(Read 9746 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 09:38 PM »

It's weird, all the Scots I know think Salmond is a berk and don't want independence. So where does his support come from?

From people with pride who are tired of either being ignored or else told that they are being subsidised.    I have a lovely neighbour but I would not want her to subsidise me.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 10:35 PM »

So glad Andy's going. What a special, special day it will be for him, his family and all the good folk of Dunblane. trophy udaman
  Agreed. Its  going to be huge, perhaps bigger than anyone knows. Sorry to see the political vitriol bubbling up in this thread, but its all to do with self belief and keeping the doubters in perspective, and you can't have life without politics. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 12:08 AM »

Scotland has a lot going for it right now and that is due in large part to the efficient way it is run, we here in Scotland voted in a government that delivered, we did not vote them because of AS, it was because they have good policies and want the best for Scotland!!  Sorry for the rant but we are not a bunch of kilt wearing nationalists blindly following one man!!!
The truth is that the independence issue really has nothing to do with the SNP's present policies.  It's a vision that's been around for about 80 years but has never seriously been considered until Salmond got into power.  It's his pet obsession.  Fortunately the majority of Scots aren't as deluded as he and some of his party are - I say some of because there are members of the SNP who privately do not share that vision.

Anyway it's sad to see this subject being raised in this thread when we should all be focussing on Andy and the tremendous occasion tomorrow is going to be for him.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 01:37 AM »

Just read on twitter that the undertaker in Dunblane has put a sign up saying, 'DEAD proud of Andy'.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #49 on: September 16, 2012, 02:11 AM »

doh  A bit dark, that.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 02:44 AM »

doh  A bit dark, that.

I thought the same. Although, I'm glad the undertaker has a sense of humour. I guess you need one when you're in that line of work.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 07:01 AM »

Have a gr8 day all you folk going yay
Give him a cheer from all of us on MW left behind
#SeriouslyEnvious
#WannaBeThere
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #52 on: September 16, 2012, 08:03 AM »

May all of you attending Andy's walkabout have a fab time!  yay trophy  You're supposed to make the best of these moments, you only get one chance at life, so go out and enjoy it! hug

Oh, don't get to post pictures for all of your envious MWers to see Very Happy
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #53 on: September 16, 2012, 09:10 AM »

With all the congestion, it would be an 7 hour return trip, bit gutted I won't be there but looking forward to BBC Scotland's report on the news tonight.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #54 on: September 16, 2012, 09:26 AM »

Ugh.  it had to be this day  didn't it.   Once in a lifetime.  Sigh Frown
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 09:36 AM »

I WANT TO GO.  but my folks think I will embarrass them.   like what even?!  Think  They clearly do not know me at all.  I am mature.  I am.
Sure you are, John unsure  and you have the full backing of MW.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 09:52 AM »

Just read on twitter that the undertaker in Dunblane has put a sign up saying, 'DEAD proud of Andy'.
Now that's very funny!  roflmao Is it true?
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 10:07 AM »

I wish I could be there too but Devon is a long way from Dunblane. Enjoy yourselves and tell us all about it. I'll have to play catch up when I come back from America so someone post a full article for all of us who can't be there.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #58 on: September 16, 2012, 10:16 AM »

It sure will be an emotional day for Andy but one that he so deserves and so do the people of Dunbane who have stood by him through thick and thin, supported Andy and whole family, I think it is a really lovely gesture and shows how much his roots mean to him.  With regard to some of the cooments re political persuasion etc. Alec Salmond is not the SNP, they are a huge party who have done well by Scotland and it's residents, to liken him to Hitler is ridiculous and in bad taste given the legacy of that horrible man.

Scotland has a lot going for it right now and that is due in large part to the efficient way it is run, we here in Scotland voted in a government that delivered, we did not vote them because of AS, it was because they have good policies and want the best for Scotland!!  Sorry for the rant but we are not a bunch of kilt wearing nationalists blindly following one man!!!

Anyway back on topic, hoe Andy has a great day, he totally deserves it.

Bravo.

Hope Andy has a good day in Dunblane, and the rain doesn't get in the way.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #59 on: September 16, 2012, 10:19 AM »

The truth is that the independence issue really has nothing to do with the SNP's present policies.  It's a vision that's been around for about 80 years but has never seriously been considered until Salmond got into power.  It's his pet obsession.  Fortunately the majority of Scots aren't as deluded as he and some of his party are - I say some of because there are members of the SNP who privately do not share that vision.

Anyway it's sad to see this subject being raised in this thread when we should all be focussing on Andy and the tremendous occasion tomorrow is going to be for him.

I find it quite offensive to be called deluded
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »